Word Life
        • Jul 2010

The Troll Hunter - 7/10

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

watched horrible bosses. some funny scenes, but nothing great. the plot was just stupid.

jennifer aniston kept me interested though

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
            ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
            • Oct 2008

My new favorite movies of this year are

1. 50/50
            2. Rango
            3. Drive

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich

If you're a baseball fan go see this movie right fucking now /10
              Saw it last weekend. it's not as bad as Klaw made it seem but I agree with a lot of his concerns. I still enjoyed it but it's hard to tell if being a baseball fan and having read the book helped or hurt my experience. My girlfriend doesn't like baseball but she liked it a lot, and lot of people in the audience who I did not take to be baseball fans were eating it right up.

Baseball-wise, they nail a lot of the minor details and miss a lot of major details. Movie-wise, it's kind of a weird watch because there's really no dramatic tension; yet Pitt and Hill are hilarious together and it is slickly produced throughout. It has the sheen of a good movie, even if it's just an okay movie.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                • Oct 2008

I am really curious as to what the Soderbergh version would have been like.

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Thoughts on Crazy Stupid Love? Just downloaded it last night.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                      • Jul 2009

Loved it.

Expected it to be better.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Saw Get on the Bus on one of the movie channels last night. Easily one of Spike's best movies.

Pretty interesting to watch it in the context of all this OWS stuff going on around the country, made me think about activism and how I feel about it.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                          My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                          • Mar 2009

Crazy, Stupid, Love. It's impossible not to enjoy this film. Impeccable writing. They nailed every part of this film.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                            Saw it last weekend. it's not as bad as Klaw made it seem but I agree with a lot of his concerns. I still enjoyed it but it's hard to tell if being a baseball fan and having read the book helped or hurt my experience. My girlfriend doesn't like baseball but she liked it a lot, and lot of people in the audience who I did not take to be baseball fans were eating it right up.

Baseball-wise, they nail a lot of the minor details and miss a lot of major details. Movie-wise, it's kind of a weird watch because there's really no dramatic tension; yet Pitt and Hill are hilarious together and it is slickly produced throughout. It has the sheen of a good movie, even if it's just an okay movie.
                            You nailed it.

I loved the attention to minor detail (people like Terrence Long and Barry Zito having no role but meandering about the lockerroom), but hated that they pretended Jeremy Giambi was a new acquisition, and hated that Hill played a fictional composite of several people. But 99% of the audience wouldn't notice or care about any of that.

The movie had no dramatic peaks for anyone who follows baseball, but I would imagine the 99% of everyone else found some drama in whether the team would ultimately win the World Series, or if Beane would take the Red Sox job.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Defendor - ***1/2 Stars.

-Character piece on a man who thinks he's a hero (Harrelson) in his own mind while the rest of the world could care less.

Think Batman but WAY smaller scale and if nobody gave a shit until Defendor came along.

Comment

• Buzzman
                                • Oct 2008

I seriously can't believe I have yet to find a single person that dislikes CSL. Maybe I was onto something.

Comment

Working...