This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

Considering it took me forever to find Mean Creek, I was a little dissapointed but still solid movie.

7/10
    Last edited by Buzzman; 02-06-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
      Posts a lot
      • Nov 2008

2 out of 4.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Death Wish '07.

*** stars.
        Last edited by JayDizzle; 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Fox1994
          Posts too much
          • Dec 2008

Saturday night. Not terrible, especially for a Christian film. The plot holes were disparaging, though. Like the time discrepancies. It wasn't horrific, though. I was upset that I had to see it (damned youth group) but not upset that I saw it. 5/10 or 6/10

Sunday night. Don't know why people found this so terrible. It was dumb, but it's a comedy... So who gives two shits? It reminded me of Life of Brian, though not as witty. 7/10; 10/10 comedy

Sunday night. I didn't see the twist coming at all. Good movie. 7/10 or 8/10...

I think the reason people could understand each other wasn't that big a deal. Like, everyone spoke with so heavy an accent that they put subtitles in anyway. So, that was acceptable.

Further, while I didn't appreciate the treatment of Nigerians in the film, Nigeria's so far from South Africa, you have to assume that the outlaws there were the downtrodden and exiled.

There were a few stupid parts. And this movie certainly wasn't one where you're supposed to like the main character... Like, the plot was good, but ol' boy was an asshole, and dim-witted at that.
          Last edited by Fox1994; 02-01-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Buzzman
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994

Sunday night. I didn't see the twist coming at all. Good movie. 7/10 or 8/10...

I think the reason people could understand each other wasn't that big a deal. Like, everyone spoke with so heavy an accent that they put subtitles in anyway. So, that was acceptable.

Further, while I didn't appreciate the treatment of Nigerians in the film, Nigeria's so far from South Africa, you have to assume that the outlaws there were the downtrodden and exiled.

There were a few stupid parts. And this movie certainly wasn't one where you're supposed to like the main character... Like, the plot was good, but ol' boy was an asshole, and dim-witted at that.

He might have started as an asshole but if you dont see his transformation both mentally and physcially you didnt watch the samething. By the movies end, he was def supposed to be a someone you rooted for.

Also, what are you talking about with the languages? That because they have subtitles its fine everyone understands each other?

Comment

• Buzzman
              • Oct 2008

8/10 for LEON. Does anyone know any other movies Jean Reno is in where he acts serious. Everything hes done in the states has been crap filled comedies.
              Last edited by Buzzman; 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

8/10 Slither was so funny and over the top.
                Last edited by Buzzman; 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                  Posts a lot
                  • Nov 2008

3.5 out of 4.

One of the previous posters inspired me to finally give it a go - and I'm glad I did. Great movie.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                    Posts a lot
                    • Nov 2008

1.5 out of 4.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
                      Does anyone know any other movies Jean Reno is in where he acts serious. Everything hes done in the states has been crap filled comedies.

Comment

• j.hen
                        Self Care
                        • Oct 2008

Finally got to see The Breakfast Club tonight. We watched it in my script analysis class. I've never seen it before and I loved it. The High School life hasnt changed much in the past 30 years.

Comment

• citizenerased
                          Rugby World Cup Champion
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Saints101
                          Invictus.

8/10
                          Invictus = Very, Very, Very Lame. For some strange reason just watching it makes me sick...

All i've wanted since I was 9 years old and saw Terminator 2 (specifically the intro) was a film that showed Humans vs Skynet after the bombs went off. 11 years of waiting and this is what they give me?

4/10.
                          Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• j.hen
                            Self Care
                            • Oct 2008

Why didnt you like it? I thought it was cool (never saw the other Terminator movies)

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

I watched Zombieland last night. I like it. Especially the Bill Murray scenes

Comment

• Buzzman
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by J.Hen
                                Why didnt you like it? I thought it was cool (never saw the other Terminator movies)
                                how the hell have you not seen Terminator 1 and 2? Watch those and I guarantee you'll change your mind on Salvation.

Comment

Working...