X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dell71
    Enter Sandman
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by J.Hen
    Read the script for American Beauty for a class. Never seen the movie and now I really want to. Plus Kevin Spacey is in it and that mfer is a BAWSS
    Do it.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
      Not a Scandanavian
      • Feb 2009

Wall-E 6/10. One of the worst pixar movies I've watched.

A clockwork Orange 7/10- An unfortunate case of hearing so much about a movie it couldn't possibly live up to the hype. When you spend an entire movie waiting for it to get "great" it never will.

Comment

• Buzzman
        • Oct 2008

Initial response to A Serious Man is 6/10 but im still trying to figure some things out, maybe after I think about it for the enxt day or too I might change something.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
          Posts a lot
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sven Draconian
          Wall-E 6/10. One of the worst pixar movies I've watched.
          A clockwork Orange 7/10- An unfortunate case of hearing so much about a movie it couldn't possibly live up to the hype. When you spend an entire movie waiting for it to get "great" it never will.
          the...fuck?

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by J.Hen
            Read the script for American Beauty for a class. Never seen the movie and now I really want to. Plus Kevin Spacey is in it and that mfer is a BAWSS
            American Beauty is a great film. Easily one of my favorite movies.

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
            No. But I've been looking forward to the movie. I usually avoid reading the books, at least until after, of movies I'm hyped about, since they rarely live up to the book.

''The Road'' it is.
            Most of my friends who haven't read the book have been greatly disappointed by the film. They don't seem to get it, either, when I talk to them about it. They were expecting a doomsday type of movie, I think, and were disappointed with how slow the film was.

The book is great.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
              Not a Scandanavian
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
              the...fuck?
              ?

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                • Oct 2008

Gold.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                  Meat
                  • Aug 2009

Great movie.

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

The Battle of Algiers - Great movie. It illustrates the organization and execution of both the Algerian resistance and French forces during Algeria's war for independence.

Comment

• relaxedanderson
                      I am not Abe Kabbible
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                      ^^^^^

that movie looks good, but his songs in the film sound dumb as fuck.
                      You can go and wash your mouth out with soap and water young sir.

That there is the work of Mr. Ian Dury and he, and I, will thank you to show more grace in the presence of your betters...
                      Z(u, w) = Z0(w)[1-exp{-b(w)u}]

...and she said "Well I don't think you're a fishmonger. I think you've done a plop in the wrong lavatory."

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                        • Jul 2009

Miss March - LOLWUT. One of the worst movies I actually sat through beginning to end. I'm a fan of the WKUK and their sketch comedy, but this was awful. No amount of tits were going to make this work. Has zero value as a SBIG, just plain bad.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

Couples Retreat - *1/2 Stars.

I had to watch this twice because I fell asleep mid-way through...

Not even the mighty duo of Vaughn and Favreau could save this one.

Neither could the guy from Extract and Arrested Development.

EDIT: Veronica Mars going batshit (in a good way) was okay though.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                            • Jul 2009

Next.

rofl

Watched it during the dunk contest, so I really can't complain. Both were equally as bad.

Comment

• dell71
                              Enter Sandman
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              Most of my friends who haven't read the book have been greatly disappointed by the film. They don't seem to get it, either, when I talk to them about it. They were expecting a doomsday type of movie, I think, and were disappointed with how slow the film was.

The book is great.
                              Nope, didn't read the book and didn't like the movie. Since the movie is always supposed to a self-contained entity, if I have to read some other source to understand it, it's already fundamentally flawed. That said, that wasn't the problem with the movie, imho. How slow it was didn't bother me. What bothered me was how repetitive it was and finally how pointless the whole thing turns out to be...

For two damn hours, I watched a dad give his kid hell because he was preparing his son for the day when he would have to fend for himself, because dad wasn't going to be around forever. I was all good with that. I even knew he was going to die, I just wasn't sure if it was going to be right at the end or not. Now after all the preparing & griping & reminiscing he did, 2 seconds after pops closed his eyes for good, there was another family just waiting there to scoop up junior. So he never has to fend for himself - he just goes off with the first friendly faces he meets. Let's not forget how this whole clan was following them around undetected goes against the rules the movie established for itself since any one person who dared make a sound within a mile of dad, he picked it up and was ready to kill the person, and often did. But a whole family with small children can track him and he not know about it? Maybe I'm missing some grand metaphor but it just bugged the shit outta me.

Comment

• Palooza
                                Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                                • Feb 2009

The book is very repetitive, but I didn't mind it. I haven't met anyone who has read the book and saw the movie, just people who've either just read the book or just saw the movie, so I've gotten mixed reactions from people. I'm waiting for DVD for it, though.

Comment

Working...