• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Pitty

5 out of 5.

I think this could be one of the best films since 2000.
    lol wtf is that?

Originally posted by Buzzman

The International - 7/10 Really enjoyed it about the ending and the shootout which was really good.
    I wanted to see that movie but I couldn't make it past the first 5 mins because they were throwing alot of shit at you fast, using banking terms and shit I've never heard of. The previews make it look good so one day I'll finish it.

Comment

• Buzzman
      • Oct 2008

Houston, trsut me Im only 18 and dont really know shit about financial systems, yet I foudn the plot not confusing at all. They may throw so words around that you dont understand but you should easily understand the big picture at what the "bank" is doing.

Comment

• Pitty
        Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houston
        lol wtf is that?
        Wes Anderson movie, you're black, you wouldn't understand these things.

Comment

• Palooza
          Au Revoir, Shoshanna
          • Feb 2009

Houston, trsut me Im only 18 and dont really know shit about financial systems, yet I foudn the plot not confusing at all. They may throw so words around that you dont understand but you should easily understand the big picture at what the "bank" is doing.
          Naomi Watts' cardboard cut-out version of a female sidekick didn't piss you off?

Her lines came out stale and boring. Really turned me off to liking the movie.

Comment

• Houston
            Back home
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
            Naomi Watts' cardboard cut-out version of a female sidekick didn't piss you off?

Her lines came out stale and boring. Really turned me off to liking the movie.
            lulz, that first conversation with her Owen and some other dude in the beginning put me to sleep it was so dull. Granted it was 5 in the morning but I had a feeling that the whole movie would be like that so I stopped.

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

The International was solid, nothing special. Definitely not a must-see.

Pretty slow throughout, the shooting scene towards the end is cool but you aren't missing anything if you never watch this film.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Speaking of Clive Owen, if you're bored and want to watch an awesome action movie, watch Shoot 'Em Up. Its only like 90 minutes long is just a badass movie.

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

Shoot Em Up was alright but I think it was a little over the top for a movie with no super-powers or special abilities.

These are my 2 favorite Clive Owen films.

I liked this movie but I never hear anyone talk about it.

Derailed had a really good ending. The lat 30 mins of it gets a 5/5
                  Last edited by Houston; 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Palooza
                    Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                    • Feb 2009

Closer is great stuff, but the best Clive Owen movie is Children of Men.

EASILY.

Comment

• Houston
                      Back home
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
                      Closer is great stuff, but the best Clive Owen movie is Children of Men.

EASILY.
                      I liked Children of Men but not as much as everyone else. That like 20 min scene at the end where there running from bullets and shit in the street is epic though.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Eh, I hated Closer. Stupid fucking movie IMO. Derailed was stupid as fuck, especially at the end.

And Children of Men is in my top 5 of the last decade so yeah, easily my favorite Clive Owen movie. I guess Sin City would be next? Don't like anything else he's been in.

Shoot Em Up was hilarious though. The sex scene where he's headshotting mofos while pounding Monica Bellucci was FTW.
                        Last edited by NAHSTE; 03-01-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Rush
                          Law Abiding Citizen

6.5/10

Butler was awesome in it, the premise was well but Jamie Foxx sucked pretty bad and I didn't like the ending at all.
                          I just watched this last night. Meh. The more I think about it, the more shit I didn't like, but at the time I watched it was satisfied and thought it was solid - plot holes and shitty ending aside.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Buzzman
                            • Oct 2008

People say Naomi Watts was pointless, but she was actually smart and useful. I dont know why anyone else saw otherwise. The only scene I was like wtf at was when she got hit by the car cause she just stood there.

Comment

• Palooza
                              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                              • Feb 2009

People say Naomi Watts was pointless, but she was actually smart and useful. I dont know why anyone else saw otherwise. The only scene I was like wtf at was when she got hit by the car cause she just stood there.
                              She might not have been useless, but it was some piss poor acting from someone who I normally think is a pretty good actress. This might have been because of the script made her character stale, but she didn't bring much to the table either.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                                Posts a lot
                                • Nov 2008

It's always hilarious when a person defends a really bad movie (Derailed) by telling us the ending was great. Even if Derailed had been a good movie, which is was not, the ending would have completely fucked up the entire thing.. It ranks right up there with Law Abiding Citizen and Perfect Stranger.

Comment

Working...