X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius
    3rd place is you're fired
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by St. Francisco

I was most certainly not joking. I didn't know Lori dies in the comics!

It's all good...anywho, anyone got an answer to my question of when I should read the book?
    Read it now. Books are better anyway.

Comment

• Palooza
      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
      • Feb 2009

love love love love the tdogg ones.

Comment

• BroncoBlue
        No Chubbies.
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
        If the world's ending and the CDC is destroyed, where exactly would you propose they find the answer?
        Exactly, and these characters are mostly just "normal" people. It's not like any of them have ties to the government or anything like that. IMO it would just be lazy writing ala LOST. If they really feel the need to answer that question do a Mini Series/Webasodes/Movie and FOR GOD SAKES leave the TV show characters out of it! There are so many ways to answer questions like that now a days.

Comment

• BroncoBlue
          No Chubbies.
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dope

honestly i would just kill myself when i found that out, i don't feel like fighting for my survival, living everyday in fear, only to die of old age still become a zombie.
          That's one thing I just don't understand! It really bugged me when some of the characters on the show acted like it was a big deal. It's like a sunk cost, if you killed yourself or died of natural causes the out come is the same.

I mean if you haven't killed yourself at this point, why would turning into a zombie after you're dead matter?!? IMO it would make no sense killing myself or even care about what happens to my body after I die. My main goal would be to survive as long as possible and hope they find a cure for the living and society.

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by St. Francisco

I was most certainly not joking. I didn't know Lori dies in the comics!

It's all good...anywho, anyone got an answer to my question of when I should read the book?
            I'd read up to about comic 30 or 40 (probably 40), so that you know his plotline and actually get what he is like. If you read a backstory of a guy before knowing his actual story, it wouldn't make much sense.

Also, I hear the book isn't great.

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

The Walking Dead Producers Detail More About Season 3 (And 4?)

With the second season barely three days behind us, heated discussion has popped up regarding the future of THE WALKING DEAD. While the image of a cloaked Michonne and the Danai Gurira casting news has been the big talk so far, the closing image of the prison is what fans should be focused on.

Showrunner Glen Mazzara held a conference call yesterday to discuss the next season and had this to say about the prison.

"Right now, I do see the prison storyline lasting through both Season 3 and 4. I do think that is a major storyline. I know we were on the farm, perhaps, longer than people wanted. There were reasons for that. What we want is for that prison to not feel claustrophobic. I think the farm played a little claustrophobic for some people. Now that the entire landscape has fallen victim to the zombie apocalypse, zombies are literally at the gates of this prison. That prison is a very small safe corner. There is a lot of danger around. It won't feel like we are bottled up, the way we were on the farm. I do think that prison is a significant storyline, but we are also interested in opening up this world. The Governor has the world of Woodbury. There are other factors out there, other groups. I do think that Rick's group is stumbling into a much larger world."

Without spoiling the major events that occur in the comic book at the prison, we are in for some serious drama. Many fans of THE WALKING DEAD comic hail this plot arc as the high water mark for the series, including myself.

Mazzara went on to describe the upcoming season as a "reset" of sorts.

"There is a lot of great material from the comic book. This show would have to go on for twenty years to get to all of it. I think the Tyrese character is someone we are interested in introducing at some point. We still have Morgan and Dwayne, who are out there from the pilot. We are interested in them. There are new characters that will be original too the series. Not coming straight from the comic book. I think the first two seasons have served as a prologue. Now we are hitting the ground running. I see Season 3 resetting the show in terms of what I really hope to convey."

THE WALKING DEAD as a comic had twenty pages a month to convey the storylines, with each arc covering just about six issues. With the comic currently having crossed 100 issues, they have quite a lot of material to mine. A reset is absolutely the word that should be used here, as the entire prison and Governor storylines will need to be drawn out.

Time to get excited.

Comment

• Jmiles
                • Jul 2011

Awesomeness

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

This show is great. Pretty decent season ending but I want MOAR!!

Comment

• Sean
                    No longer a noob
                    • Nov 2008

I want to get more into the comics and I get paid next week so I was looking into collections of the comics and I found one that does #1-#48, a little over $35. However, there is no 2 Compendium. Seeing as how the 1st covers up to 48, 2 should cover 96, and I think they may have just hit that recently, so #2 shouldnt be that far behind.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332441301&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Compendium One (9781607060765): Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: Books[/ame]

I did find it for a little over $21 online, not on Amazon, ecrater

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                      Posts a lot
                      • Jun 2009

That is a huge book, though. You'd HAVE to set it down to read it.

Comment

• Maestro
                        ♫Just Like Music♫
                        • Nov 2008

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

Id get that "book" but I dont care for comics. Wish it was a novel.

Comment

• St. Francisco
                            45-35 Never Forget
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sean
                            I want to get more into the comics and I get paid next week so I was looking into collections of the comics and I found one that does #1-#48, a little over $35. However, there is no 2 Compendium. Seeing as how the 1st covers up to 48, 2 should cover 96, and I think they may have just hit that recently, so #2 shouldnt be that far behind.

Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Compendium One (9781607060765): Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: Books

I did find it for a little over $21 online, not on Amazon, ecrater
                            I found the compendium at Barnes & Noble, and it is HUGE. I mean huge man...I would definitely recommend you go down to a bookstore and pick one up, because me personally, it wouldn't be an enjoyable read.

Comment

• Sean
                              No longer a noob
                              • Nov 2008

Yea, at over 4 lbs, its not something I can really take on the bus with me to work, especially how thick it is. Just take like an hour or so a day and chip away at it. I just think it would be cheaper than getting smaller collections or each comic individually

Comment

• St. Francisco
                                45-35 Never Forget
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sean
                                Yea, at over 4 lbs, its not something I can really take on the bus with me to work, especially how thick it is. Just take like an hour or so a day and chip away at it. I just think it would be cheaper than getting smaller collections or each comic individually
                                I'm getting the small 8-issue collections. They're 10 bucks apiece, and I think there's 14 volumes right now.

Comment

Working...