The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingsfan77
    • Aug 2009

I thought last night's episode was incredibly boring, it seemed like a filler episode which there shouldn't be in a show with a 12 or 13 episode season. And I know this is nitpicking but when that kid's leg was stuck did anyone else look at the pole it was stuck on? There were two hooks that his leg would've had to go through and there's no way his shin bone would have made it past them.

The opening with the zombie pushing his face through the windshield was awesome, but I love how every shot they fire is a headshot, even when Glenn was shooting the shotgun and the zombies were far away.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
      I thought last night's episode was incredibly boring, it seemed like a filler episode.

Comment

• Houston
        Back home
        • Oct 2008

Surely, he trolls.

Comment

• Realist
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JOHNNYTHECLOWN
          Some of you guys gotta shut your brains off and stop nitpicking... If its so awful, stop watching.

Taking it for what it's worth, a hour of entertainment once a week, I enjoyed last night's episode. Keeps me on edge at times, I think they've kept me guessing enough as to what's happening next that I really have no idea when an issue arises.

Olive Oil hyping up Rick sets the stage.

I wish they'd just show the previews for next week not in the middle of some god awful comic book circle jerk...
          This. It's getting annoying. Just watch the show for what it is. Also, people are nitpicking and comparing it to the comics. This isn't the comics, it's the show and very rarely are books and movies completely accurate..

Comment

• BrntO4Life
            My Aunt Ida Smokes.
            • Mar 2009

Some of you guys gotta shut your brains off and stop nitpicking... If its so awful, stop watching.

Taking it for what it's worth, a hour of entertainment once a week, I enjoyed last night's episode. Keeps me on edge at times, I think they've kept me guessing enough as to what's happening next that I really have no idea when an issue arises.

Olive Oil hyping up Rick sets the stage.

I wish they'd just show the previews for next week not in the middle of some god awful comic book circle jerk...
            That completely defeats the purpose of criticism.

If you just want to read positive stuff about this show, started a "Walking Dead Circle Jerk" thread and stay in there.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Do they put this on Hulu or anything? I didn't catch the new episode last night.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JOHNNYTHECLOWN
                WAAAASSSSUUUUP
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                That completely defeats the purpose of criticism.

If you just want to read positive stuff about this show, started a "Walking Dead Circle Jerk" thread and stay in there.
                What part of this garbage post was 'criticism' about the show?

The problem with this show all along has been hype, plain and simple.

AMC picked up a bunch of steam with the success of Mad Men and Breaking Bad and people have come to expect a level of excellence that The Walking Dead has come nowhere close to reaching.

While Breaking Bad is thrilling and engrossing and Mad Men is dramatic and engaging, The Walking Dead is trite and flat.

I have no qualms with saying this is the most disappointing show currently on-air.
                sidenote: only time he talks about the damn show, this mfer calls the zombie show trite...

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

sidenote: only time he talks about the damn show, this mfer calls the zombie show trite...
                  And that's what sucks about it. For a show with a premise that can't be currently found anywhere else on television, it's completely lacking in originality.

Just being a zombie show doesn't make it original.

Again, and I'm completely serious, if you just want to hear praise and rejoice over this show's supposed greatness without any discussion from the other side, start a new thread. I'm going to continue posting my complaints in here regardless.

Comment

• JOHNNYTHECLOWN
                    WAAAASSSSUUUUP
                    • Mar 2009

And that's what sucks about it. For a show with a premise that can't be currently found anywhere else on television, it's completely lacking in originality.

Just being a zombie show doesn't make it original.

Again, and I'm completely serious, if you just want to hear praise and rejoice over this show's supposed greatness without any discussion from the other side, start a new thread. I'm going to continue posting my complaints in here regardless.
                    Go ahead, I'm not gonna let your whiney ass stop me from enjoying a show. Just saying, if you enjoy watching something and picking it apart do it, more power to you

We all watch same episode, every week I come in here (pretty excited too) reading people's reactions/responses to certain parts of the show, they we got a shit ton of Debbie Downers posting the same lame "criticisms" each week.

Comment

• Palooza
                      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                      • Feb 2009

You guys just don't get it.

"Watch the show for what it is."
                      It is a zombie show. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ZOMBIE MURDERING!? I'm trying so hard to simply shut my brain off, but this show won't let me. They try to make it so much more than a show about zombies.

It's obvious this isn't the comics. The comics knew what they were doing, this show is a joke.

My last ounce of hope with this show is that the Rick vs. Shane thing will finally turn into a meaningful part of the show. Too bad they'll kill Shane and get rid of the only compelling character on the show and leave us with Rick.

Also, this show should be called "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Rick Grimes" Why in the blue hell are you saving someone who was just shooting at you. This kid's leg is fucked, kill him and move on. He will just be yet another burden Rick has added to the group.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Yeah I know Rick is supposed to be our hero, but like Andrea said, Shane makes the right decisions he's just an ass hole about it. They try to pass Shane off as psychotic, yet he's making the right calls for the group as a whole in pretty much every situation.

Don't read if you haven't read the comics:

Shane is pretty much acting like Rick ends up later down the line. He'll do whatever he can to protect the group. If the show makes it that far, I hope they bring it up how Rick practically turns into what Shane is now.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                          My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                          • Mar 2009

Palooza nailed it on the head.

You guys keep trying to get me to "shut my brain off", but how can I when the entire show is dialogue followed by dialogue followed by dialogue followed by killing one zombie followed by dialogue ad nauseum.

This is a show that's forcing me to think when I don't want to.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

You want a silent film version?

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                              You want a silent film version?
                              I want the exact opposite. I want explosions blowing out my eardrums and zombies screaming from all directions.

I want to shut my brain off. Darabont and his band of dorks won't let me because they think they can make a "serious" zombie piece.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

I want the exact opposites. I want explosions blowing out my eardrums and zombies screaming from all directions.

I want to shut my brain off. Darabont and his band of dorks won't let me because they think they can make a "serious" zombie piece.

least you know what you want. (...so stop watching, check out one of the millions of zombie flicks to get your FUCKIN UP ZOMBIES fix. )

Comment

Working...