Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingsfan77
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    So people can become zombies without being bitten...think we found that out earlier in the show. Wonder what the hell those flashes were before he popped back up.
    I was wondering that too. I just don't understand how Carl was allowed to go outside, you would think when there's an escaped prisoner on the loose they would keep a closer eye on the kid.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
      I was wondering that too. I just don't understand how Carl was allowed to go outside, you would think when there's an escaped prisoner on the loose they would keep a closer eye on the kid.
      Seriously, everyone's in the house (about 15 people) and the kid still gets loose. Maybe it was just that late that everyone fell asleep (only logical explanation).

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Some shit went down, feelings got hurt (FUCK Lori for basically pushing Shane over the edge), and now the Grand Finale about to go down.

I was about to lose my shit because T-Dog finally got some lines and the last person to get any solid focus on themselves on the show died...

Luckily he gets to reenact the Night of the Living Dead next week.

Look for Lori to play the part of Barbara... (60's version, not Captain Kickass 90's remake version)

Comment

• JeremyHight
          I wish I was Scrubs
          • Feb 2009

Some thoughts from the episode:

1.) The opening was awesome with the group taking out their aggression by killing some zombies. Nice to see them back to their makeup effects roots and was good to see.

2.) I spaced out for quite a bit of the episode, namely the parts when Lori was talking, but I still was able to get the point.

3.) Several people don't trust Shane, but when the prisoner he wants to kill gets out before they are about to set him free and Shane is missing, you would think people would be more skeptical.

4.) How the fuck did Carl get out of the house?

5.) I would have preferred the concept from the comic that Shane is about to kill Rick, then gets killed by Carl, but this worked out ok. The dialog was good, but I think the concept was overall slightly worse.

6.) I like the fact that they are showing the swarm. For those that don't know, swarms are large groups of zombies that initially start shuffling off in one direction because of a loud noise or seeing movement, etc. They get into this big group and eventually overrun an area. Next week seems like their first swarm.

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Oh, and by the look of it... THEY GET OFF THE FUCKING FARM NEXT WEEK!

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Yeah Carl dropping Shane while Shane is still alive would've been better. This show doesn't seem to have the balls to do it though. We'll see if they can find them again in time to do the many other shocking things that happen.

Comment

• wingsfan77
                • Aug 2009

I also did a double take when T-Dog said "The Governor called, you're off the hook." I was just reading the IGN review and one of the comments was about Dr. Jenner and it made me think about how they haven't yet gotten around to what he whispered to Rick at the end of last season.

Comment

• dj_morton
                  • Jan 2010

^^^I watched season 1 a week or two ago..I was thinking the same thing about what was whispered...they better let the cat out the bag next week.

Can't wait for for the finale.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                    Posts a lot
                    • Jun 2009

The Kid(Randall) was never bitten, yet turned. Same for Shane.

They are the Walking Dead

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

not bad.....not bad at all.
                      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                        For the record, this show got a 5.3 rating with a 3.3 in the 18-49 range. In comparison Mad Men and Breaking Bad get around a 0.9. So yeah, this show is a hit. I'm not surprised at all because everyone loves zombies and the survival situation that goes along with it.

And to be honest, the first season is going to pale in comparison to what will be going on in the second season. Lets just say, if they plan the seasons like I think they will, the second season will be insane.
                        They did not plan the second season as I thought they would. AMC is stretching this thing out big time.

Comment

• Houston
                          Back home
                          • Oct 2008

Funny how all these people have trouble surviving on a open farm in the middle of nowhere. But that black guy from season 1 was basically by himself in a zombie crowded neighborhood, and just chillin.

Comment

• Jmiles
                            • Jul 2011

Are we going to see them^^^ again? I figured we would see them again at some point, but it is very unlikely. I have a general concept of the comic book series, but have not checked it entirely out.

What about Merle? Is he ever going to make a come back?

Comment

• Houston
                              Back home
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jlmiles21
                              What about Merle? Is he ever going to make a come back?

Maybe he's with the other group of survivors, if they ever meet them. He's not in the comic books so there's really no way of knowing what happened until he comes back on the show.

Comment

• Jmiles
                                • Jul 2011

I thought him and darryl were in the comics, but not until later? Either way, it has changed so much it doesn't really matter anymore. I was thinking Merle would come with his group and we would have a Merle/Darryl face-off. I'm ready for season 3 though, from what I have read on the "Governors" character it is going to be a great season.

Comment

Working...