• Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Star Wars Movies Thread

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII CAST ANNOUNCED

Originally posted by StarWars.com
    The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

Fuck yeah Moses! Wonder if he's the lead?

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

We already know Adam Driver is the/a villain.

Rumors are that Isaac and Boyega are two of the main heroes, with Boyega being a young Jedi.

Daisy Ridley just screams Han/Leia offspring. She definitely fits that Padme/Leia look.

Can't wait to see the characters Max von Sydow and Andy Serkis are playing.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Memo to Disney: Please do not screw up this most holy of all science fiction series for us.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MrBill
          Memo to Disney: Please do not screw up this most holy of all science fiction series for us.
          It's going to happen, but it might not be their fault. I have a feeling a lot of Star Wars fans will not be behind it as it seems Disney has sacrificed the Expanded Universe. Novels and other things are essentially on hold right now I think, I haven't seen any announcements of new things since Lucas sold out.

Comment

• j.hen
            Self Care
            • Oct 2008

J.J. Abrams will do the series justice and imo, his movies will shit all over the old ones.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              It's going to happen, but it might not be their fault. I have a feeling a lot of Star Wars fans will not be behind it as it seems Disney has sacrificed the Expanded Universe. Novels and other things are essentially on hold right now I think, I haven't seen any announcements of new things since Lucas sold out.
              There are some books lined up for release over the next year. There's one coming out this summer that's a prequel to the Star Wars Rebels tv series.

I'm back and forth about taking the EU and making it non-canon. There's a lot of great stories in there. However, I think it's better for the sequel trilogy, as they don't have to worry about writing a story that fits into all of those books, or just rehashing the books and giving us a story that many already know. They get to be creative.

I occasionally lurk over at TheForce.net and a lot of the people over there are still as excited as ever.

Disney has done well with Marvel and, while I know nothing about past Star Trek stuff, I loved JJ's Star Trek movies.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Swarley
                There are some books lined up for release over the next year. There's one coming out this summer that's a prequel to the Star Wars Rebels tv series.

I'm back and forth about taking the EU and making it non-canon. There's a lot of great stories in there. However, I think it's better for the sequel trilogy, as they don't have to worry about writing a story that fits into all of those books, or just rehashing the books and giving us a story that many already know. They get to be creative.

I occasionally lurk over at TheForce.net and a lot of the people over there are still as excited as ever.
                I thought they were making different levels of canon......though I am probably out of the loop in regards to that.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                  I thought they were making different levels of canon......though I am probably out of the loop in regards to that.
                  Everything from here on out (books, video games, Rebels) is a "unified canon" joining OT, PT and Clone Wars.

And the EU, while not canon, will still be around as they said they'll still print them. Those stories are now "Star Wars Legends."

As for the new books, there's currently 4 announced that will come out within the next 11 months: A New Dawn (Rebels prequel), Tarkin, Heir to the Jedi and Lords of the Sith

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Swarley
                    Everything from here on out (books, video games, Rebels) is a "unified canon" joining OT, PT and Clone Wars.

And the EU, while not canon, will still be around as they said they'll still print them. Those stories are now "Star Wars Legends."

As for the new books, there's currently 4 announced that will come out within the next 11 months: A New Dawn (Rebels prequel), Tarkin, Heir to the Jedi and Lords of the Sith
                    Makes absolutely no sense, but when you are staring that money train in the face, I can't argue running with it.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                      Lucas already managed to do that, so no worries.

Comment

• Buzzman
                        • Oct 2008

How many people here love Star Wars?

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
                          How many people here love Star Wars?

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
                            J.J. Abrams will do the series justice and imo, his movies will shit all over the old ones.
                            "old ones" as in the prequels? Sure, as that'd be almost impossible not to do. Old ones as in Episode IV or V...no thanks.

Comment

• j.hen
                              Self Care
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                              "old ones" as in the prequels? Sure, as that'd be almost impossible not to do. Old ones as in Episode IV or V...no thanks.
                              I meant the original ones. Obviously whatever Abrams comes up with will be better than the prequels, those were all complete dogshit. I honestly don't think the old ones have aged well at all. I had a marathon with my roommates awhile ago and was bored the entire time. Don't get me wrong I love Star Wars but the movies haven't held up. They blew everyone's tits off when the first one came out no doubt but the series as a whole got away from what people initially liked with all of the additions by Lucas and not to mention the prequels in general. Lucas fucked this shit up and I'm glad Disney is trying to salvage it. Look what they've already done with Marvel.

Comment

Working...