Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Hearing Astros close to trading Wandy Rodriguez to Cleveland for 2 minor leaguers.

WTH are the Indians doing

Comment

• Mogriffjr
      aka Reece
      • Apr 2009

nice trade for Padres...Erlin has a sick K/BB ratio and is doing well in AA i believe...
      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by cpollack09
        Hearing Astros close to trading Wandy Rodriguez to Cleveland for 2 minor leaguers.

WTH are the Indians doing
        Those are actually smart decisions. Sure they are sending away prospects, but thats exactly what they are- prospects. In return, they get two pitchers who have already proven themselves- one right hander and one left hander- and both immediately go to the top of the rotation.

On top of that, Cleveland has both of them through the end of the 2014 season.

Comment

• Chrispy
          Needs a hobby
          • Dec 2008

Deal not happening

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

BJays still in on Wandy.

Comment

• Chrispy
              Needs a hobby
              • Dec 2008

Ken Rosenthal
              Wandy staying . . . for now. #Astros #tradedeadline #MLB

Jon Heyman
              #astros need to get to $60M. they can try to move wandy later.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                aka Reece
                • Apr 2009

I'd laugh if Heath Bell jinxed himself last night, basically saying on twitter he was going to be on a contender...Bell needs to shut his trap sometimes...
                Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
                  I'd laugh if Heath Bell jinxed himself last night, basically saying on twitter he was going to be on a contender...Bell needs to shut his trap sometimes...
                  Everyone figured it was 100% he would be moved.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                    • Jul 2009

In Bell trade talks, Padres wanted two top prospects--Wieland/Erlin-- for Bell. Rangers asked then for P with higher value, Adams
                    Guess Adams has more value because of his contract.

Also..

Have to believe there's a strong chance Heath Bell will sign an extension with the Padres soon. He wants to stay, badly.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• Chrispy
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Dec 2008

Joel Sherman
                        This is the 1st time since 1999 #Yankees did not make a July trade. They will hope for repeat: They won it all that yr

Comment

• Sharkweather
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
                          Joel Sherman
                          This is the 1st time since 1999 #Yankees did not make a July trade. They will hope for repeat: They won it all that yr

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
                          NYY comfortable with deals not made, because prices were too high and they wanted to keep Montero,Romine,Betances,Banuelos and Nova. #trades

Comment

• Chrispy
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Dec 2008

Plus there wasn't really anybody we really needed, Ubaldo maybe but their asking price was way to high.

Comment

• Rudi
                              #CyCueto
                              • Nov 2008

I have no problems with the Reds staying quiet. Although I was hoping for a trade a week or so ago, we got swept by New York and are 6.5 back. Team has a young core, will be contending for years. No reason to overpay for borderline star players. Now lets call Mesoraco up and see what he's all about!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
                                I have no problems with the Reds staying quiet. Although I was hoping for a trade a week or so ago, we got swept by New York and are 6.5 back. Team has a young core, will be contending for years. No reason to overpay for borderline star players. Now lets call Mesoraco up and see what he's all about!
                                Yeah. I would have liked to have seen something done, but at least there was no panic moves. This team was built from within and kept all of the A prospects.

Like i've been saying, they have 30 days to get within 3. This team as constructed is good enough to win if they are 3 out Sept.1, but if not, chalk it up as a down year and move on. It's a real good core, they'll be back.

Comment

Working...