Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevsta
    ¿Que?
    • Oct 2008

lol people are forgetting about bynum actually getting healthier and becoming his own dominant force
    RIP

Comment

• ralaw
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
      First thing, this move does plenty for the Cavs who were dominated in the post by the Magic. You don't get easy money plays with Shaq under the hoop.

Second, Turk is gone so where you coming up with one-two punch of Shard and Turk?
      Other than the pick and roll in the half court set you are correct, which is why I said the Magic will just run the Cavs to death. Shaq won't be able to keep up with Howard up and down the court.

Where is Turk going? Turk will resign, because he understands the Magic give him the best chance of being the primary option down the stretch, they've already said they're willing to pay the luxury tax to keep him and they give him the best chance to win.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mfbmike

If I lived in Cleveland, I'd be ecstatic right now.
        shwing.....ecstatic is an understatement.....i may pay to see a game now. Last game i saw was when shaq was with the heat. I would pay to see him play

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Cavs still need to get long athletic players for the wing. IMO Shaq wasn't the best option here. ESPN reported they also had a back up trade with the Hornets ready for Tyson Chandler if the Shaw stuff fell through. IMO Chandler fit the need better for the Cavs than Shaq.

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

People need to remember that this isn't the same Shaq from Miami/LA. He is good, but Cleveland was best on the run and Shaq showed in Phoenix that he doesn't run the court very well.

Shaq would have been great for a team like Boston that excels in the half court and has dominant defenders to help his slowing skills, but in Cleveland, he is just a desperate move that won't work.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by BuckeyesTHEGAME
              Shaq's salary is off their cap after the 2009 season. That way they're not locked into a long term thing and can make a play for a FA. BOSH!!!!
              Wallace and Sasha's deal were expiring though too weren't they? And sure Shaw is an upgrade in the middle but Cleveland still doesn't have guys capable of guarding Turk, Shard, on the wings.

Comment

• ralaw
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by xPiRGOx
                Cavs stole this cause Ben Wallace and Pavlovic suck butt.
                Man, u crazy....Wallace is a 4 time DPOY and Sasha was on a a few championship teams in his past.

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
                  Man, u crazy....Wallace is a 4 time DPOY and Sasha was on a a few championship teams in his past.
                  I hope this was sarcasm

Ben Wallace is past worthless right now and Sasha is meh at best imo

Comment

• ralaw
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
                    I hope this was sarcasm

Ben Wallace is past worthless right now and Sasha is meh at best imo
                    I was hoping xPiRGOx post was sarcasm.

Comment

• FlawLeSs
                      South Beach Talent
                      • Nov 2008

what a horrible trade
                      www.youtube.com/kingoffla

Comment

• The Messenger
                        • Nov 2008

lol all the people over-analyzing the trade. It was basically expiring garbage and expiring garbage for Shaq. How can it be a bad trade for the Cavs? They got rid of a mediocre big (Big Ben) who's game resembles more of Melvin Ely's now than it does the old Ben Wallace, and a spot-up shooter in Pavlovic who hasn't been shit the last two years (and only had one semi-decent year to begin with).... for Shaq who was an All-Star last year, is a much need post presence, and is now the only other guy on the Cavs who can command a double-team every time he touches the ball.

ALSO... ALL OF THE PLAYERS INVOLVED HAVE EXPIRING CONTRACTS SO PLEASE STOP BRINGING IT UP. (talking to the people justifying the trade by saying "well we got an expiring")
                        Last edited by The Messenger; 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by The Messenger
                          lol all the people over-analyzing the trade. It was basically expiring garbage and expiring garbage for Shaq. How can it be a bad trade for the Cavs? They got rid of a mediocre big (Big Ben) who's game resembles more of Melvin Ely's now than it does the old Ben Wallace, and a spot-up shooter in Pavlovic who hasn't been shit the last two years (and only had one semi-decent year to begin with).... for Shaq who was an All-Star last year, is a much need post presence, and is now the only other guy on the Cavs who can command a double-team every time he touches the ball.

ALSO... ALL OF THE PLAYERS INVOLVED HAVE EXPIRING CONTRACTS SO PLEASE STOP BRINGING IT UP. (talking to the people justifying the trade by saying "well we got an expiring")
                          Thank you for the bolded.

Second, I don't think it was a bad trade per say for the Cavs. Just doesn't really fill the need IMO to get them past Orlando. They still don't have the wings/atheltic bigs to match up with Shard and Turk so it will be interesting to see what they do in the draft and FA to address that. Sure Shaq is nice to have but I still think they need to make a move or two more in order to have a more complete team

Comment

• BossMyShiiUp24
                            Ready for whatever
                            • Jun 2009

Turk will resign with the magic he isn't going anywhere. I hope Magic use the hack-a-shaq like they did to Howard to show how stupid this trade is lol. They needed a player like Shawn Marion. Someone who can defend an athletic big man. outside Lebron no one on that team can guard an athletic big man. This trade only spells trouble.
                            25-4 Madden online record

Freestyle player if you want some

Comment

• ralaw
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BuckeyesTHEGAME
                              Wallace is washed up and couldn't stop anyone after he came back from the broken leg.

Where did Sasha win championships? Was it in the European D League?

I like the trade. They get cap room next year and an inside presence this year. Shaq can get them easy points in the post. Z and AV can't do this - Z is a pretty much only a jump shooter now and AV can't do shit offensively other than dunk. He's also a big body who can be a stopper against post players who sit in low blocks and overpower people but have no game outside of that (I'm talking to you, Dwight Howard).

Just my take on it.
                              I don't really care for the deal, but I have to admit that it more than likely is the best they could do. They had to do something big without absolutely destroying the team and they accomplished that, because its basically the same team with Shaq. At this point Shaq is an improvement over anything Wallace and Sasha combined have to offer. However, I don't think its enough to get over the Magic, who basically exposed their perimeter defenders and a motivated Celtics team with a healthy KG. IMO, they still need to figure out a way to get another wing defender who has the ability to score a bit. Before this trade I saw the Cavs as being the 3rd best team in the east and I still see that after.
                              Last edited by ralaw; 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Wallace and Pavlovic are garbage. Cleveland had nearly $23M tied up in scrubs...Wallace, Pavlovic, and Wally World (love him to death, but he is washed up like a dead fish).

They take two of them and turn them into Shaq who can defend and get his versus Howard (19/11 in their game last year).

That is an epic win for Cleveland. Even in his advanced age, Shaq is a top 3 center (top 2 with Yao out for some length of time).

Cleveland now no longer has to play the collapse defense to guard Howard and can focus on perimeter D, which would have negated the PnR during the Magic series.

Comment

Working...