X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
    surprising JR would take less money to come back. guess he was telling the truth when he said he wanted to retire a knick
    Or nobody was willing to give him big money.

Comment

• Rayman
      Spic 'n Spanish
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
      Or nobody was willing to give him big money.
      To think even with all his flaws that no team would give him more than what the max the Knicks could give him is straight-up laughable. Look at some of these contracts that have gotten doled out.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Rayman
        To think even with all his flaws that no team would give him more than what the max the Knicks could give him is straight-up laughable. Look at some of these contracts that have gotten doled out.
        And look at the lack of interest in chuckers like Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings nobody wants to give these guys max deals.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

And look at the lack of interest in chuckers like Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings nobody wants to give these guys max deals.
          Max deals for those bums is one thing.

Marc Berman at the NYP said the max NY can give JR is about 4 years and $24M. Surely, he's worth more than $6M/year to someone out there.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Marc Berman at the NYP said the max NY can give JR is about 4 years and $24M. Surely, he's worth more than $6M/year to someone out there.
            I just don't see any team being dumb enough to give JR more than 6 million a year.

Comment

• Rayman
              Spic 'n Spanish
              • Feb 2009

Who said anything about a max deal? Ellis just opted out of an $11M pay day. You think he's getting ~$6M from somebody?

Comment

• ralaw
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

How does Korver get the same deal as Smith? Smith took a bad deal last year with the Knicks, wins 6th man of the year and gets a deal equal to what Korver got? Smith needs a new agent.

Comment

• Len G
                  Yolo
                  • Jul 2013

I just don't see any team being dumb enough to give JR more than 6 million a year.
                  The Knicks should sign him to a max deal... Classic early 2000s Knicks shit

Comment

• Agent
                    Goodnight, Sweet DSS
                    • Jun 2012

I'd rather have JR than Tyreke currently in their careers (Reke will turn it around I believe in him) and Reke is getting big money.

Comment

• Rayman
                      Spic 'n Spanish
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Len G
                      The Knicks should sign him to a max deal... Classic early 2000s Knicks shit
                      The good news here is that the Knicks can't possibly do that right now. But the Bargnani trade falls in this category.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Pretty stand up move by JR, I guess. If you dont think he could've got more than 6 on the open market you're clinically retarded.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                          Pretty stand up move by JR, I guess. If you dont think he could've got more than 6 on the open market you're clinically retarded.
                          Who was trying to give him that money?

Comment

• jeffx
                            • Jun 2009

Yeah Rayman, that Bargnani trade is a Mike D'Antoni move. I don't like it one bit. Knicks are still a soft team. Now I heard they're looking at Elton Brand. How old is he?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

Who was trying to give him that money?
                              I dont know who JR was negotiating with, but the market value of this contract is extremely low. JR just wanted to stay home.

Comment

• Rayman
                                Spic 'n Spanish
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                                I dont know who JR was negotiating with, but the market value of this contract is extremely low. JR just wanted to stay home.
                                He got a look at Bargnani's girl. That's all it took.

Comment

Working...