X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big C-Dub
    M-V-P!
    • Jun 2009

The Official I can't stand Brett Favre thread

OK, I don't have a problem with someone wanting to play when they're older than most guys. But stop saying that you're retiring and just admit that your gonna keep playing until nobody wants you anymore. Every time I turn on ESPN I have to look at his gray stubble and listen to guys talk about if his arm is 100%. Enough is enough stop giving this attention whore exactly what he wants (attention).
  • seaplus
    Posts a lot
    • Apr 2009

he is one of my least favorite players ... probably top 10
    *<|8-D

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

I can't stand him, and ESPN's hard-on for this guy is sickening. His jilted lover act of trying to stick it to the Packers for finally growing a pair and not letting him hold that franchise hostage anymore reeks of bitchassness, yet amazingly people keep giving him passes. Why would anyone hitch your potential postseason wagon to a broken down, INT happy QB who's ONLY motivation is two games in a 16-game season?

I really wish he'd shit or get off the pot in stead of dragging this Viking bullshit out - or just fall off the face of the planet. Preferably the latter.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Flight24
        Jesus' Dad.
        • Nov 2008

i used to have so much respect for this guy but i just cant stand him anymore.

Comment

• Big C-Dub
          M-V-P!
          • Jun 2009

this guy would have no clue what to do with himself without a football in his hand, he's like a baby getting his bottle taken away.

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
            ZzZing w/ the fishes
            • Feb 2009

Pretty sure he just doesn't want to go to camp... he has said before (shit 10 years ago i think)... "the hard part isn't playing on sunday, that's the easy part that I love... the hard part is the two a days in the summer"

hmmm pretty sure he wants to play but not be at camp...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            Formerly known as Peppers90
            back in the 808

Comment

• SHOGUN
              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ChemTheThriller
              Pretty sure he just doesn't want to go to camp... he has said before (shit 10 years ago i think)... "the hard part isn't playing on sunday, that's the easy part that I love... the hard part is the two a days in the summer"

hmmm pretty sure he wants to play but not be at camp...
              Well don't fucking retire and jerk with people's emotions, team's plans for the following season just because you don't want to go to camp.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• tigstah
                Mr. Casual Gamer
                • Mar 2009

he needs to retire already.....go back to his farm and grow corn and wheat.

Comment

• Chrispy
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Dec 2008

He really should of stayed retired after he retired from the packers, he is just hurting his legacy now.

Comment

• Goober
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Feb 2009

You guys think it's bad, try living in Wisconsin, where this is all the local media talks about. Last year I was watching baseball on fox and they interrupted the game to show the same 2 minute clip of favre getting off of his plane in green bay 10 times.

fuck favre. fuck the packers.

Comment

• Primetime
                      Thank You Prince
                      • Nov 2008

Everyone bitches about Favre being in the media all the time but the truth is, it's not like Favre tells them to have an update on him everyday. Favre told the Vikings he'd give them a decision before July 30th, ESPN could have reported it that day and we wouldn't hear about him anymore, but that's not how it is. Favre has said from the beginning he'll only play if his arm is 100%. He's stuck to that the entire time. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Jets for releasing him. If they hadn't, none of this would even be going on. A ton of people like the updates and if you don't, there is a power button on your remote.

Comment

• Goober
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime232
                        Everyone bitches about Favre being in the media all the time but the truth is, it's not like Favre tells them to have an update on him everyday. Favre told the Vikings he'd give them a decision before July 30th, ESPN could have reported it that day and we wouldn't hear about him anymore, but that's not how it is. Favre has said from the beginning he'll only play if his arm is 100%. He's stuck to that the entire time. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Jets for releasing him. If they hadn't, none of this would even be going on. A ton of people like the updates and if you don't, there is a power button on your remote.
                        Really? Because I haven't seen anyone say they like the updates.

Favre said he was retiring twice, and both times he's decided to come back, after 3 months of none stop media attention.

Comment

• Primetime
                          Thank You Prince
                          • Nov 2008

I love the updates. Keeps me informed about his status and although it is repetitive, I'm so excited to see him play for the Vikings that it doesn't bother me at all. What does it matter if Favre said he was retiring twice and came back. If the man wants to play, let him play. In his heart, he thought he was ready to leave. Last year, his family begged him to come back to the NFL and play but the Packers wanted to move on, so he did as well. This year, he obviously thought he was done considering the way he ended the year as a Jet and the fact that he thought he may be facing major surgery, something he said from the get go. He said he wouldn't play if the surgery was major and that he would consider it if it was only a minor surgery. He wanted to play for the NFC North last year, especially for the Vikings, so how can you blame him now? Blame the media, not Brett Favre.

Comment

• Derrville
                            Dallas has no coaching...
                            • Jul 2009

i disapprove of this thread.

Comment

• JMeist
                              • Nov 2008

Blame the media? Blame Brett Favre.

He controls the media by his "lil updates" and one word answers on text. He could very easily come out and say look, I wanna play for the Vikings, we are going to try to work something else. He doesn't have sit there and act like the world revolves around him.

Quite frankly, I turn the channel because I'm so sick of hearing about this prima-donna. I already booked my tickets to be at Lambeau when the Vikings come to town. I will be be wearing my "Boo This Man" t-shirt with Favre's face on it.

Comment

Working...