• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chubby Giangio
    Eli's daughter was born today.
    Did she get named after her parents? Elisha?

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      Did she get named after her parents? Elisha?
      Call him Eli de Tranny if you wish...

Comment

• strahanfan92
        Meat
        • Aug 2009

Anybody else see the reflection of Tom Brady crying in that trophy?

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

I'm expecting Reese and company to go with a lineman. Either a guy like Costanzo (assuming the other tackles go before him) or Pouncey....or depending on what happens with Cofield, Liugent is a strong likelihood.

Comment

• Point Blank
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

lolGiants

Comment

• Anthony
              In Brendan we trust.
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Point Blank™
              lolGiants
              lolblack

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

lolJew

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Giants got two compensatory draft picks for free agent losses last year.

(198th and 202nd overall) - both in the 6th round.

Makes up for the one lost because of the Sage Rosenfels trade.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                    Meat
                    • Aug 2009

giants/packers dec. 4
                    giants @ jets on xmas eve
                    giants skins @ washington week 1 on 9/11

Comment

• strahanfan92
                      Meat
                      • Aug 2009

The NFL will release the 2011 schedule at 7 p.m. today, but below is a sneak peek at how the Giants' schedule will line up, minus some details I've yet to fill in.

The season will begin with a fitting game in Landover, Md., against the Redskins. It's fitting because it will be played to commemorate 10 years since the 9/11 attacks and, unlike the Giants-Jets game everyone imagined, it will pay tribute to those who lost their lives at the Pentagon that day. The game will kick off at 4:15 p.m.

Now, a look at the schedule, including a Merry matchup between the Giants and Jets on Christmas Eve:

at Redskins, 4:15 p.m.

RAMS (MNF)

at Eagles

at Cardinals

SEAHAWKS

BILLS

BYE

DOLPHINS

at Patriots, 4:15 p.m.

at 49ers, 4:15 p.m.

EAGLES

at Saints

PACKERS

at Cowboys

REDSKINS

at Jets (Saturday)

COWBOYS

I'll be updating this entry, so hit refresh for the latest.

Giants to open 2011 season vs. Redskins, 10 years since 9/11 | NJ.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Damn the second half of the year is a brutal schedule.

@ New England & @ San Fran in back to back weeks...hopefully the travel doesn't become an issue

Comment

• Champ
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Oct 2008

Check this out NFL Draft 2011: From Michael Strahan to Eli Manning, best New York Giants pickups of the past 20 years - ESPN New York

Comment

• Champ
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Oct 2008

2006 Draft 5 years later

NFL draft 2011: Matthias Kiwanuka, Barry Cofield, Sinorice Moss, tell story of New York Giants' 2006 draft - ESPN New York

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Where do you fellas see the Giants looking to in the draft?

Here's my expectations…

The overwhelming consensus is they will address the offensive line here. Shaun O'Hara, the lifeblood of the OL is coming off injuries and is another year older. Kareem McKenzie is entering a contract year and is another year older. MVP Rich Seubert is coming off another major leg injury. Shawn Andrews figures to be cut due to $$$ and his back. We have some young talent in William Beatty and Adam Koets, but Koets is coming off an ACL injury. On the bright side, we figure to have two stable surefire guys in David Diehl and Chris Snee.

Although their figures to be a run on OTs at some point in the first round, anything can happen. By all accounts, Anthony Costanzo is the go to guy…if he's available. There's also a rare chance Tyron Smith falls and if he does, I'd assume the Giants jump to pick him. There's also G/C Michael Pouncey whose value seems to be different across the board. If Pouncey and Costanzo are on the board, I don't have a clue who the Giants value more. If both are off the board by 19, have to wonder whether Nate Solder, Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod are high on their board.

The other significant need is the LB spot, but there doesn't appear to be any guys worth a first round pick who fit their system (ie. there's plenty of 3-4 outside rushers). Akeem Ayers is the most likely LB to go around 19, but I figure they value the OL more than Ayers.

I assume Mark Ingram will be on the board and although some fans/outlets think he's a match…I don't see it. I'm not high on taking RBs in the first round as it is and it's not like the Giants don't have talent there to begin with.

A dark horse option is other spots on defense whether it's the line or backfield. Although Kiwanuka is coming off an injury, I can't see them picking another end this early. While tackle is a spot which could use some help (especially if Cofield ends up elsewhere), the only options would be Corey Liugent, Marvin Austin and Stephen Paea. Not sold on any of them at 19 for the Giants. At cornerback, Jimmy Smith may be available and over the past week or so, he's been getting a lot of hype as the best press cover corner in the draft. While Aaron Ross has not progressed as best we could have hoped, I think Jerry Reese would have to be in love with a corner to take them at 19.

Right now, my ideal draft looks something like:

1. C Mike Pouncey (Florida) or OT Anthony Castonzo (BC)
                              2. CB Davon House (NM State) or LB Martez Wilson (Illinois) or RB Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)
                              3. LB Greg Jones (Michigan State) or WR Edmond Gates (ACU)
                              4. S Quinton Carter (OU) or LB K.J. Wright (Miss. State)
                              6 (3x). S Joe Lefeged (Rutgers) or DT Martin Parker (Richmond) or K/P Alex Henery (Nebraska) or RB Jamie Harper (Clemson)
                              7. RB Noel Devine (WVU) or RB Evan Royster (PSU)

Comment

• Champ
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Good articles on Giants upcoming draft.

Giantslikely to focus on offensive line in Draft - NYPOST.com

NFL Draft: New York Giants looking to inject some youth into aging group

In Draft, Giants Value Talent Over Need - WSJ.com

More mocking of the mock drafts | New York Daily News

Comment

Working...