Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by zack54attack
    I didnt expect Pace to be great.
    I never said you did.

The Guy cant block a Highschooler. He has been as bad as you can be.
    Ok. And that proves the Bears are "cheap" how? Yes, Pace has been awful most of the season outside of 2 games. Agreed. But Pace being awful doesn't make the Bears cheap. They still went out and spent the money to get him.

Comment

• zack54attack
      Posts a lot
      • Dec 2008

JA hasnt been a great GM either.

I didnt like not paying Berrian and seeing him go to Minnesota, and then Trading Chris Harris away because "we have too many Safetys"

Comment

• zack54attack
        Posts a lot
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
        I never said you did.

Ok. And that proves the Bears are "cheap" how? Yes, Pace has been awful most of the season outside of 2 games. Agreed. But Pace being awful doesn't make the Bears cheap. They still went out and spent the money to get him.
        I didnt say the Bears were cheap. lol.

Comment

• Esjay
          Luck2Hilton
          • Feb 2009

What makes you guys (zack and rainbow) think making a big splash in FA is what this team needs? Look at the best two teams of the past decade, the Patriots and Colts. How often do those teams go out and sign a top 5 FA? Hardly ever.

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by RainboUnicorn
            So they aren't cheap they just sign players nobody else wants is that it?
            *face palm*.

Let's just take a look at the signings this offseason.

Pace: Was fielding offers from other teams. Notably the Baltimore Ravens.

Omiyale: Signed on the opening hour of free agency. Was fielding offers from numerous teams.

Marinelli: Turned down offers from other teams, notably the Seahawks, to come to the Bears.

Cutler: Wanted by Cleveland, Washington, Detroit was rumored. Chicago paid up to get him...then signed him to a very lucrative extension.

Other teams wanted these players. Again you pose a theory that holds no weight in reality.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Esjay
              What makes you guys think making a big splash in FA is what this team needs? Look at the best two teams of the past decade, the Patriots and Colts. How often do those teams go out and sign a top 5 FA? Hardly ever.
              Exactly. Thank you. The Bears failures in the drafts recently>>>>>>>>>.failures in free agency as far as importance to the team.

Comment

• zack54attack
                Posts a lot
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Esjay
                What makes you guys (zack and rainbow) think making a big splash in FA is what this team needs? Look at the best two teams of the past decade, the Patriots and Colts. How often do those teams go out and sign a top 5 FA? Hardly ever.
                I dont think signing a big FA will make us great. It will help, but we will still be bad next year. We have nothing to look forward to in the Draft, unless we trade something for picks. So FA is our best bet in the first step to rebuild.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I didnt say the Bears were cheap. lol.
                  Then why respond "LOLing" to a post pointing out the Bears spent money on players this offseason? Yes I know Pace and Omiyale have sucked. I never said they didn't So your response seemingly then served no purpose.

Comment

• zack54attack
                    Posts a lot
                    • Dec 2008

*face palm*.

Let's just take a look at the signings this offseason.

Pace: Was fielding offers from other teams. Notably the Baltimore Ravens.

Omiyale: Signed on the opening hour of free agency. Was fielding offers from numerous teams.

Marinelli: Turned down offers from other teams, notably the Seahawks, to come to the Bears.

Cutler: Wanted by Cleveland, Washington, Detroit was rumored. Chicago paid up to get him...then signed him to a very lucrative extension.

Other teams wanted these players. Again you pose a theory that holds no weight in reality.
                    Pace, marinelli, and Omiyale haven't done shit this season. Stupid moves by JA.

So why didnt we go after Housh?

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

JA hasnt been a great GM either.

I didnt like not paying Berrian and seeing him go to Minnesota, and then Trading Chris Harris away because "we have too many Safetys"
                      Understatement of the thread.

Comment

• zack54attack
                        Posts a lot
                        • Dec 2008

The countless idiotic moves by JA have taken a toll on this team.

-Not re-signing Berrian.
                        -Bringing back Ron Turner, who already failed.
                        -Letting Ron Rivera go.
                        -Signing Pace and Omiyale.
                        -Not attempting to sign Housh.
                        -Rex Grossman.
                        -Michael Haynes.
                        -David Terrell.
                        -Trading Chris Harris , because we have too many Safetys.
                        - And last but not least, not finding a QB, until Cutler.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                          No Homo
                          • Nov 2008

Exactly. Thank you. The Bears failures in the drafts recently>>>>>>>>>.failures in free agency as far as importance to the team.
                          Yea thats true, what I said in my original post was that as a Bears fan I have nothing to look forward to because we have no draft picks and we don't make any good free agent signings.

I'm just very angry right now. They aren't cheap, but they don't seem to spend alot of money on quality players.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Pace, marinelli, and Omiyale haven't done shit this season. Stupid moves by JA.
                            Okay? What the hell point are you trying to make? I never said they have done anything. I'm having a separate conversation disproving the idea that the Bears are "cheap".

So why didnt we go after Housh?
                            Because, according to the Bears, we have Devin Hester. *eyeroll*

It's not as though Housh is having a great year anyways so it's really a non issue.

Comment

• zack54attack
                              Posts a lot
                              • Dec 2008

Okay? What the hell point are you trying to make? I never said they have done anything. I'm having a separate conversation disproving the idea that the Bears are "cheap".

Because, according to the Bears, we have Devin Hester. *eyeroll*

It's not as though Housh is having a great year anyways so it's really a non issue.
                              You said I thought the Bears were cheap when I LOL'd at Pace and Omiyale. I never said the Bears were cheap. Sure they have brought in some talent, but JA has been wrong and stupid on a lot of Moves as well.

I didnt mind Pace at first, because I thought he could contirbute somewhat. But this late in the season I cant help but to laugh at him.

I hated the Omiyale move the day we signed him. Let's bring in someone to play guard who has never played Gaurd in the NFL before. And expect him to help this oline. Why dont they throw that money at me then?

Comment

• zack54attack
                                Posts a lot
                                • Dec 2008

Bottom line is..

Lovie has to go. I'm sick of seeing him look clueless out there. He isnt doing anything to prove this team will win another game this season. Fuck Ron Turner too.

Comment

Working...