Randy Moss is a Bum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

1. Mannings HOF wr got slow and is done....much like Favre in his heyday everytime a WR starts to dim, 2 more pop up show up and look like world beaters.
    Its amazing what having the greatest QB alive can do for an offense and a WR. Mannings made everyone look like PBs.
    Cant say that for Brady who skyrocketed after Moss.

2.Nice of Pats fans to know what they were getting , talk all the trash when he was on fire of how theyre so smart only giving up a 4th..how Belly can control anyone.. blah blah...then 3 years later complain the instant he shows flashes of his laziness.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
      1. Mannings HOF wr got slow and is done....much like Favre in his heyday everytime a WR starts to dim, 2 more pop up show up and look like world beaters.
      Its amazing what having the greatest QB alive can do for an offense and a WR. Mannings made everyone look like PBs.
      Cant say that for Brady who skyrocketed after Moss.
      I don't understand why this doesn't come up more. I like to call it the Brandon Stokely factor: Stokley is pretty much non-existent in Baltimore, leaves, goes to Indy, looks fantastic, gets a contract with Denver, and pretty much disappears again.

There's a reason why Manning never seems to have piss-poor receiving and it's not because the Colts are the only team to "figure out" how to consistently draft WR that don't turn into busts.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by userpikk187
        please,

Moss can be more than Harrison ever was or Wayne can aspire to be.

Hell, you can throw a ball into coverage with Moss and honestly expect moss to come down with it, even if he's double covered.

Manning's never had a guy that made plays for him like that.

When can you honestly say you've seen Manning throw a ball like this?

Yeah Manning's never had a guy capable of unreal catches

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLGIxMaca9o"]YouTube- Marvin Harrison's Unbeliveable Catch[/ame]

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by killgod

YouTube- Marvin Harrison's Unbeliveable Catch
          Thanked for the memory

Comment

• ThunderHorse
            Grind.
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by killgod
            Two completely different balls there.

Brady's ball is a ball thrown into coverage with the confidence that Moss will literally beat the other two players.

Manning's ball is a ball thrown only where Harrison could catch it and Harrison made a great play.

I'll never deny Harrison was a HOF receiver who had great hands, but I'm not going to pretend he could beat two DB's at once and catch a football with his elbow for a TD.

Comment

• steeljake
              6 rings...
              • Oct 2008

moss has never been a guy who goes over the middle, this is not new stuff people. during the pats undeafeted run he was nullified in the eagels game was dawkins and crew smacked him in the face on a slant early and all of the sudden his arms got short. for pats fans to be all upset about this is just ignorance.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Len B
                :moonwalk:
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mtk
                i like how spoiled new england fans have gotten, where they blame the shittiness of their team on the best wr they'll ever have. i know minnesota wouldn't think twice about taking him back
                I like how you put words into people's mouth and spew hot garbage. Never once did I say Moss is to blame for this season.

The blame is clearly on BB and the defense this year. I backed up BB's decision to go for it in Indy, but everything he touches this year turns to shit aka going for it on 4th down and doing shitty FB dives. He cost us the Miami game.

Also put a lot of blame on the front office, as they had a chance to draft impact players on defense this year and chose to go with Patrick Chung, as well as Matt Light for being the worst player in the world.

All I did was call him a bum, and that's the truth. Dude puts up when he wants to, and even after coming to an all-world disciplinary team such as the Patriots, he still shows the tendency to take a play or sixteen off.

That said, put $$ on Moss scoring 2 td's this weekend and tearing apart Buffalo.

Comment

• PP
                  • Feb 2010

Whats your beef with Pat Chung? They need depth at safety. These guys don't show up overnight. Pat Chung will be a beast get off his nuts.

Comment

• Len B
                    :moonwalk:
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
                    Whats your beef with Pat Chung? They need depth at safety. These guys don't show up overnight. Pat Chung will be a beast get off his nuts.
                    I'm sorry I like to have defensive players who can make an impact while my team has an all-pro offense, to give us the best shot at the Superbowl.

I'll take Rey Mualuaga or Brian Cushing any day of the week right now over Chung. Keep waiting for 2011, I'm shooting for now.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Len B
                      I'm sorry I like to have defensive players who can make an impact while my team has an all-pro offense, to give us the best shot at the Superbowl.

I'll take Rey Mualuaga or Brian Cushing any day of the week right now over Chung. Keep waiting for 2011, I'm shooting for now.
                      Safety was a need at the time with Harrison most likely retiring. No one would of ever thought that Brandon Mcgowan would play as well as he has. Unfortunately though we have 11 guys who are good against the run but none can defend the pass. I would be more mad at the Ron Brace pick as he has done absolutely nothing and is always inactive.

Comment

• Splugeon
                        Splugeon for Pope
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                        I don't understand why this doesn't come up more. I like to call it the Brandon Stokely factor: Stokley is pretty much non-existent in Baltimore, leaves, goes to Indy, looks fantastic, gets a contract with Denver, and pretty much disappears again.

There's a reason why Manning never seems to have piss-poor receiving and it's not because the Colts are the only team to "figure out" how to consistently draft WR that don't turn into busts.
                        Deion Branch, David Givens, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, Jabar Gaffney. Those are all guys Tom Brady made people overpay for, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Now they're all terrible or out of the league.

Not to mention we bring in Welker and he goes from a career high of 67 catches, to 100+ automatically every year.

Manning isn't the only one making people better.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Splugeon
                          Deion Branch, David Givens, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, Jabar Gaffney. Those are all guys Tom Brady made people overpay for, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Now they're all terrible or out of the league.

Not to mention we bring in Welker and he goes from a career high of 67 catches, to 100+ automatically every year.

Manning isn't the only one making people better.
                          Never said he was. But he is better at doing it than Tom Brady is.

Oh yeah, and I would hope even Pats fans would admit that Wes Welker, while damn talented, is getting those career highs moreso because of how open he's allowed to get underneath because of the threat of Moss. It isn't a knock on Brady or Welker, just if Welker were a #1 I doubt he'd put up those reception numbers.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

this has been blown out of proportion.

it may have happened 1 or 2 plays.
                            but its just because some player on the opposing team was quoted and they ran with a whole concept.

Randy may have a history but he is older and I doubt this is that big of a deal.

heck, without Moss, Wes Welker wouldnt be having half the season he is having now.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                              Meat
                              • Aug 2009

Thread title change:

Randy Moss looks like a bum

Comment

• Magnetic Spectrum
                                The Grand Finale
                                • Oct 2008

Randy moss reminds me of hancock.....lazy but superhuman when he wants....although what gamble said was out of line....it holds some truth
                                sigpic
                                "In a World That Doesn't.....Steve Smith Does"

Comment

Working...