X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
    Yeah, good point, I was doing the EmpireWF thing for a minute and thinking about it too literally. Abstractly, it is essentially a zero-sum game at all times.
    Yeah, that's really all I meant, is that at it's core it's a number of 1 on 1 battles or in that every single throw, hit, pitch, catch is completely quantifiable.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      I just mean the usual and very overdone and annoying "I hate the NBA today, I stopped watching in (insert year between 1995-1998)" makes people naturally overrated guys in the era they watched more and underrated all those in the era that they didn't watch much.
      Ahh yes the meatball approach.

Fo rme I preferred the players, the style of play etc. I mean it's nothing I can truly quantify or prove to you statistically but IMO the brand and basketball was better. I think the athletes have obviously gotten better in many ways but I think that era had better true basketball players.

----

As for the Paul Pierce HOF stuff if a guy like Mitch Richmond isn't in..same with Larry Nance I'm not entirely sold that Paul Pierce is such a lock or such a sure thing...esepcially after he retires and his career has 5 years or so to marinate.

The Celtics will retire his number and all that jazz but honestly I'm not sure Pierce is a HOF'er.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

I don't really want to get into it for the 9,000th time (I'm sure Warner is already crafting a post), but I know what you're saying in regards to the eras.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Lemmer scoffs right back.
          Somewhat on topic...I've never met a person who had the last name "Lemke" that WASN'T a hillbilly grit.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Actually I'm trying to wrap my brain around that Kiki/Carmelo comparison.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Kiki was better because he was white, didn't have tattoos or cornrows and didn't play in the 00s? I'm imagining this is the basis of your argument...

VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

As for the NBA eras debate, I think the brand of basketball being played in 2010 is waaaay better than it was in 2000-2005 or so. Way more quality teams, likeable superstars (albeit boring) and a lot more ball movement.

The NBA isn't what it was in the 80s, but like all sports, they can blame expansion for that. You'll never see a team like the Celtics again, who had multiple HOFers coming off the bench.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

As for the NBA eras debate, I think the brand of basketball being played in 2010 is waaaay better than it was in 2000-2005 or so. Way more quality teams, likeable superstars (albeit boring) and a lot more ball movement.

The NBA isn't what it was in the 80s, but like all sports, they can blame expansion for that. You'll never see a team like the Celtics again, who had multiple HOFers coming off the bench.
                  No doubt.

Honestly, 1995-2005 even with the Bulls three peat was a dark ages of basketball for me. I'd watch the Bulls but not much else.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                    No doubt.

Honestly, 1995-2005 even with the Bulls three peat was a dark ages of basketball for me. I'd watch the Bulls but not much else.
                    Yep, pretty much same here.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                      Kiki was better because he was white, didn't have tattoos or cornrows and didn't play in the 00s? I'm imagining this is the basis of your argument...

I'm so confused right now.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                        I really wish there was a way to burn a website down.
                        There is, just ask Buck to design a skin for them.

Comment

Working...