X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
    No, no. My point wasn't that Vick doesn't pass, but that Vick has missed games, which is why quarterbacks have 100+ attempts on him.
    So Vick gets credit for not playing, too?

Nothing says "MVP" like "DNP".

Comment

• Mogriffjr
      aka Reece
      • Apr 2009

Rivers is the MVP IMO.

They would have no offense if he wasn't at the helm. He's making guys that post here look like viable WR's.

Vick has a case but it hurts him that the eagles weren't too shabby under Kolb. The difference is eagles went from a decent offense to a dangerous and top 5 offense under Vick.
      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
        No longer a noob
        • Jan 2010

There are some talks that Clay Matthews could be the first league MVP to play defense since Lawrence Taylor. If he gets to 20 sacks and continues to be a game changer like he has in the first half I think it could be possible.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

Vick has missed nearly half the games this season. He's got a lot of work to do if he want to be MVP. He has to put up even better numbers than he averages now since he missed those games.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Vick is certainly in the discussion, but he's started less than half of his team's games, and it's not like the team was a disaster under Kolb.

As Archer pointed out, Rivers is playing with bums and is the QB of the #1 offense in the NFL. However, the Chargers have to make the playoffs before I can take him seriously as MVP. He sorta reminds me of Drew Brees two years ago, when people were touting him for MVP even though the Saints were in last place. Actually, Kyle Orton reminds me a lot of 2008 Brees.

The "boring" choices are Manning and Brady, but both are valid contenders.

As far as non QB's, I don't see much out there. No RB is having a MVP caliber season. WR's have to be speciall, and there is nobody doing anything special. Matthews isnt quite dominant enough for an MVP.

Comment

• shag773
              • Jul 2009

I think if Vick continues to play as he's had in the 4 games he started and stay healthy, he is certainly in the discussion. But at this point of the season it's a little early. W2TD is right on point with Rivers. Although I do think the Chargers make the playoffs, especially with their receivers getting healthy and Vincent Jackson back by week 12.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                Noob
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Deviant
                ...is Michael Vick?

Yeah... that guy. I mean, I can't name another player in the NFL that has been as on-point as this guy. Sure, his stats will be diminished because of injury, but when he's playing, I haven't seen anyone else in the league play at the level this guy has and I think last night solidified it:

Mike Vick is on another fucking planet.

I mean, he'll eventually have a bad game (my friends who are Eagles fans think that he may goof against my Giants, but even I'm skeptic of that), but I just don't see anyone else that stands out like Vick does.

62.7%, 1350 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT - 341 RUSH yards, 4 RUSH TD

And he's undefeated as a starter this season (4-0). I mean, this just may be a case of Vick just being on a hotstreak, but no one has been on his level in my opinion. I'm not even looking at this from a stat standpoint. He's playing like he's the best player in the NFL right now. I don't know how the MVP race looks to anyone else, but who else is up here with this guy?

aww shut up. You just saw an athletic QB have a really good night. It wont matter come playoff time.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  Vick is certainly in the discussion, but he's started less than half of his team's games, and it's not like the team was a disaster under Kolb.

As Archer pointed out, Rivers is playing with bums and is the QB of the #1 offense in the NFL. However, the Chargers have to make the playoffs before I can take him seriously as MVP. He sorta reminds me of Drew Brees two years ago, when people were touting him for MVP even though the Saints were in last place. Actually, Kyle Orton reminds me a lot of 2008 Brees.

The "boring" choices are Manning and Brady, but both are valid contenders.

As far as non QB's, I don't see much out there. No RB is having a MVP caliber season. WR's have to be speciall, and there is nobody doing anything special. Matthews isnt quite dominant enough for an MVP.

thats some number one offense.....? Chargers 4-5

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

If Vick keeps it up for the rest of the season, which I doubt will happen, then it'd be a tough call between him and Rivers for MVP.

Comment

• Juggernaut
                      Sitting on the Sidelines
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                      aww shut up. You just saw an athletic QB have a really good night. It wont matter come playoff time.
                      Pretty sure the resident Packers fans could tell you otherwise.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                        Pretty sure the resident Packers fans could tell you otherwise.
                        career wins in wild card rounds dont mean crap.

the Eagles stopped Vick from making it to the Super Bowl the first time

and the Eagles will stop Vick again. On a more first hand level this time.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Let's talk about this in about 5 weeks. When it makes sense to.

Comment

• Derrville
                            Dallas has no coaching...
                            • Jul 2009

Hes only played 4 and a half games. Were in week 11 now theres no way hes even in the MVP discussion. And like others said, 3 of his 4 wins are against Washington, Jacksonville, and Detroit. Too early to start talking about his MVP chances.

Comment

• Maize
                              • Jan 2010

Tom Brady, Vick didn't play all 16 games and Brady is doing it without the supporting cast Manning or Vick are working with.
                              "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
                              2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
                              Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Rush
                                vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Can't wait until he plays the Bears. He has never trumped us before and just made us look foolish, hoping that won't start this season.

Comment

Working...