• ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

if he's lucky, he might get comeback player of the year

Comment

• Colonel Angus
      No longer a noob
      • Jan 2010

Vick won't win MVP with all the games he's missed. Plus that team won a couple games pretty easily with Kolb out there. Rivers will probably win it barring a great second half from Peyton or CMIII putting up 20+ sacks.

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maize
        Tom Brady, Vick didn't play all 16 games and Brady is doing it without the supporting cast Manning or Vick are working with.
        What? Is this like an auto-defense for Brady fans or something?

The Colts offense has 4 starters missing and 2 undrafted free agents seeing meaningful playing time.

Not to mention a patched up o-line

EDIT: For the record, Manning wouldn't be my MVP right now. As I said earlier... Rivers would be.

Comment

• citizenerased
          Rugby World Cup Champion
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maize
          Tom Brady, Vick didn't play all 16 games and Brady is doing it without the supporting cast Manning or Vick are working with.
          Yeah, where would Manning be without that supporting cast of Joseph Tamme, Brandon James and Javarris James (Bet you just googled all three of those names).

In other words - Bitch, stay off that blow.
          Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Deviant
            Yes, please.
            • Nov 2008

If a kicker can win NFL MVP, I don't see how Michael Vick, who's only not played in 3 games this season, can't win the MVP. Sure, we have a small sampling for Vick, but if he stays healthy and continues at this level, I don't see how he can't be.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• Deviant
              Yes, please.
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
              aww shut up. You just saw an athletic QB have a really good night. It wont matter come playoff time.
              You are the worst poster ever.

Comment

• inthecards21
                Stairway to Seven
                • Dec 2008

Philip Rivers will break records with a terrible group of receivers, also when you have arguably the best backup quarterback in the league, you can't really be considered more valuable than manning, brady or rivers

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                  Redsox
                  • Oct 2008

Vick needs to play in more than 4 games (full games) before I put him in the MVP discussion. Right now its between Brady, Manning and Rivers. If the Chargers make the playoffs then Rivers runs away with it imo. (if he keeps playing the same way)

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                    Wakka Wakka
                    • Dec 2008

Rivers wont win it cause his team wont even make the playoffs
                    THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

Mike Vick....MVP?
                      really?? and this is based on 1 MNF game?? i am not saying he cant play cause he definitely can play in "Todays League".
                      he defintely gets "comback kid" in my book but lets face it.
                      QBs this year suck ass. they are all having a mediocre year compared to the years past.

JMHO
                      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Deviant
                        Yes, please.
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by xxxHumblexxx
                        Mike Vick....MVP?
                        really?? and this is based on 1 MNF game?? i am not saying he cant play cause he definitely can play in "Todays League".
                        he defintely gets "comback kid" in my book but lets face it.
                        QBs this year suck ass. they are all having a mediocre year compared to the years past.

JMHO
                        I said the Redskins game solidified it, not that it was the only reason. He's been playing at this level all season. The game that he had last night was just an outlier in comparison to the rest of the season.

Also, how have quarterbacks sucked ass this year? We have a quarterback on pace to break Marino's 5,083 yard season. The top 10 quarterbacks in the league have been playing out of their mind.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
                          I said the Redskins game solidified it, not that it was the only reason. He's been playing at this level all season. The game that he had last night was just an outlier in comparison to the rest of the season.

Also, how have quarterbacks sucked ass this year? We have a quarterback on pace to break Marino's 5,083 yard season. The top 10 quarterbacks in the league have been playing out of their mind.
                          Really? The top 10? Who are they, exactly?

Comment

• Deviant
                            Yes, please.
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                            Really? The top 10? Who are they, exactly?
                            Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, and (last, but certainly not least) Michael Vick.

Eagles are 5-0 with. I don't understand why he's being so penalized for missing games. He played more than half the game against the Packers and damn near almost won it despite Kolb starting. With how much better the Eagles are with Vick, I can excuse the fact that he's missed 3 1/2 games.

The Giants (2nd best defense in the NFL) contained Vick this week and he still finds a way to be productive with minimal mistakes. Vick has only had one turnover all year. One. It was a lost fumble. Not even an interception. And it's not as if he's been playing conservatively.

I know some have argued "Well, Kolb wasn't that far off from Vick" as a reason as to why Vick shouldn't be MVP and I see where people are going with that (see Curtis Painter), but that should have no bearing. The Eagles are on a whole 'nother level when Vick is on the field. Is Kolb serviceable? Yes. But Vick is far above serviceable.

The only other candidate I can see beating out Vick is Rivers, who the thread seems to agree with. Brady's up there is well. Not so much Peyton this year (who was my favorite last year). The only knock I have against Rivers would be that the Chargers aren't playoff-bound at the current moment, but that'll most likely change.

The thing that stands out for me with Vick is not only the stat line (who, apparently, people think I'm going crazy over), but that he hasn't committed turnovers and that he just is the best player on the field once he steps on. I don't see any reason to doubt the Eagles are the best team in the NFC when Vick is on the field, so I don't see how this guy can't, at least, be in the running for MVP. Especially if he keeps up the season that he has.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                              Noob
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Deviant
                              Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, and (last, but certainly not least) Michael Vick.

Eagles are 5-0 with. I don't understand why he's being so penalized for missing games. He played more than half the game against the Packers and damn near almost won it despite Kolb starting. With how much better the Eagles are with Vick, I can excuse the fact that he's missed 3 1/2 games.

The Giants (2nd best defense in the NFL) contained Vick this week and he still finds a way to be productive with minimal mistakes. Vick has only had one turnover all year. One. It was a lost fumble. Not even an interception. And it's not as if he's been playing conservatively.

I know some have argued "Well, Kolb wasn't that far off from Vick" as a reason as to why Vick shouldn't be MVP and I see where people are going with that (see Curtis Painter), but that should have no bearing. The Eagles are on a whole 'nother level when Vick is on the field. Is Kolb serviceable? Yes. But Vick is far above serviceable.

The only other candidate I can see beating out Vick is Rivers, who the thread seems to agree with. Brady's up there is well. Not so much Peyton this year (who was my favorite last year). The only knock I have against Rivers would be that the Chargers aren't playoff-bound at the current moment, but that'll most likely change.

The thing that stands out for me with Vick is not only the stat line (who, apparently, people think I'm going crazy over), but that he hasn't committed turnovers and that he just is the best player on the field once he steps on. I don't see any reason to doubt the Eagles are the best team in the NFC when Vick is on the field, so I don't see how this guy can't, at least, be in the running for MVP. Especially if he keeps up the season that he has.
                              i'm sure you have to play above a minimum amount of games to be considered. Cut your liberal whining and get over it

Comment

• GoChargers
                                briefcase wanker
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                                i'm sure you have to play above a minimum amount of games to be considered. Cut your liberal whining and get over it
                                13.5 games won't be enough? Why the hell are people going on about time Vick has missed being a minus point? Look at the difference in the team between when he is there and when he's not. They looked like a run of the mill 8-8 team without him, now they're looking like a 12-4 superbowl contender.

Comment

Working...