Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shag773
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
    My problem is that the opinion seems to sway so vehemently from each side of the argument. Some people focus on postseason too much. Some people are too anxious to take away credit for postseason performance b/c it's a "team" game. Some people are focus too much on regular season stats. Some people are too anxious to take those away as well. There are so few people in the world, and on here as well it would seem, that are incapable of looking at these QBs and trying their best to assess fairly based on all of the available data. At least, in my opinion.
    This. I have been thinking all day about how to say something like this, and Seth put it perfectly. This should be reposted everytime a "Top 5 QB Rankings" thread is started. Great post dude.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ShaynDaPain
      He also plays the Lions twice per year. lulz

But seriously what's his winning percentage?
      Those Lions beat the Packers and Rodgers couldn't even get his offense a point in the half he played.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
        Laughs Unlimited
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kmanharris
        You stopped reading because you don't have a real response and your argument is full of holes.

You posted an argument based on 4th quarter comebacks and then kept defending it. That was the only thing you have posted about so how am I not to assume that is all you are basing your list on?

Ahh, maybe I should have read your mind on how you truly judge and rank NFL QBs and not go by what your retarded self is posting.
        Maybe you should have seen this
        OK to be honest.

1. Brady
        2. Manning
        3. Big Ben
        4. Brees
        5. Rodgers
        or this
        What you are all failing to realize is that I already put Rodgers at #5 on my list earlier in this thread. He's still a top 5 QB IMO.
        I obviously contend that Rodgers has a great body of work on his resume. He's a superb QB and always have.
        sigpic

Comment

• bucky
          #50? WTF?
          • Feb 2009

What you are all failing to realize is that I already put Rodgers at #5 on my list earlier in this thread. He's still a top 5 QB IMO.
          Good. He should be in the conversation for top 5.

I ONLY bring this up because I don't want to hear "I take Rodgers over anybody." anymore.
          I would take Rodgers over almost anybody right now. If you don't want to hear that, then why would you put him in your top 5?

We all know what Rodgers is, he throws for tons of yards, rushes plenty of touchdowns, but he's lost a lot of close games in his career and that's a fact. Whoever wants to take Rodgers over Manning, Brady, Brees or Big Ben can have him. I'll take the guy who's going to win the close games.
          I'll take the QB that looks like he can win the big games. I really don't need them to be close, just win them. Rodgers is proving that he can.

When you take EVERYTHING into consideration, talent, character, age, I'll take Rodgers. You can have whoever you want. I'm happy with Rodgers.

Comment

• bucky
            #50? WTF?
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            Those Lions beat the Packers and Rodgers couldn't even get his offense a point in the half he played.
            I didn't realize the game against the Lions was such a big game with such grandiose meaning. Gee that Lions game has so much more significance than the Bears (which was a close game), Giants, Eagles and Falcons. Gee, that loss to the Lions really ended there season.

You're a smart guy mgoblue. Why are you putting such significance into that particular game?

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
              Laughs Unlimited
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Primetime232
              Last two years:

Rivers: 22-11
              Brees: 27-9
              Brady: 23-10
              Manning: 26-10
              Big Ben: 23-11

....now, how do you think it compares? :D
              How does Big Ben have 34 games played over the last 2 seasons?
              sigpic

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                Laughs Unlimited
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bucky
                I didn't realize the game against the Lions was such a big game with such grandiose meaning. Gee that Lions game has so much more significance than the Bears (which was a close game), Giants, Eagles and Falcons. Gee, that loss to the Lions really ended there season.

You're a smart guy mgoblue. Why are you putting such significance into that particular game?
                I think he was showing that Rodgers couldn't pull that one off is all. Sort of fits this conversation.
                sigpic

Comment

• StealthShot
                  Eat it
                  • Oct 2008

1) Manning
                  2) Brady
                  3) Roethlisberger
                  4) Rodgers
                  5) Rivers

Comment

• bucky
                    #50? WTF?
                    • Feb 2009

I think he was showing that Rodgers couldn't pull that one off is all. Sort of fits this conversation.
                    Rodgers wasn't even in half the game. Saying he wouldn't be able to pull it off is just a tad retarded. So it really doesn't fit the conversation. Unless you want to fault QB's for when the are not even on the Fucking field.

Comment

• Deviant
                      Yes, please.
                      • Nov 2008

He had a chance twice in overtime this season. Once against Washington when he threw an interception on 2nd and 5. It wasn't necessarily a passing down even. Later he had the ball against Miami 2nd-6 incomplete pass, 3rd-6 sacked. 4th-6 punt. Rodgers lost the game. That was this year, in overtime, he had the ball and lost both games. Do you see my point? Game winning drives has ONLY to do with specific situations when the QB has the ball at the end of the game, can he do it. It has nothing to do with defense or any of that bullshit. My only point for bringing up close games is the fact that I see a LOT of very close games on his resume, and a piss poor 4th qtr comebacks and/or gamewinners. Did you know Rodgers has only converted game winners against the Lions and Bears? Those are the only two teams he's ever beaten from behind in the 4th quarter as well. I'm just throwing that in there as food for thought.
                      That's only two games out of the fifteen! Every quarterback, even Brady and Manning, have games like that.

I'll entertain the first part of this.

Ok, so he threw an interception at the end of the game against Washington. That happens. Manning threw an INT against the Patriots at the end of a game. Brady got sacked by the Jets in Week 2 AND fumbled it, giving the Jets' possession. It happens.

Aaron Rodgers threw an incomplete pass (I don't when that became "losing the game") and got sacked because a blitzer came totally free up the middle. That's not losing that game. If he had forced a throw, he would have made a poor decision. He took the sack. No, losing the game is throwing that ball to "make a play" and not letting your punter have a chance to push the opposing offense back and let your defense try to win.

No, I don't see you point because game-winning drives, purely by definition, means a drive in which you were down/tied and scored the point that won the football game. It has A LOT to do with the defense and how you're played in the scenario.

And so what if he's only won game winners against the Bears? HE BLEW THE FALCONS THE FUCK OUT! HE BLEW THE GIANTS THE FUCK OUT! I couldn't give a shit how it happens, just win the goddamn game.

Big Ben was 15-0 as a starter his rookie season and 6 of those were winning drives. I'm just sayin.

Really?

You mean Big Ben, who was granted one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, which bailed his ass out multiple times?

Thank you for giving me everything to prove how OVERRATED game-winning drives are. According to PFR (which I assume you're using):

For instance, this little gem that is considered a Game Winning Drive:

Jets-Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger's stats: 9-of-19, 144 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT. Both 4th quarter scoring drives were capped off by a Jerome Bettis run and tight end Jerame Tuman throwing a TD pass to Jerome Bettis.

But, it's a game winning drive! So, he's clearly great!

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• manchild24
                        Kyle got fired
                        • Nov 2008

Disregarding age I assume.
                        I dont know Primetime, id probably still take him first. His knoweldge of the game is amazing. he still probably has another 5 years left in him. The guy doesnt get hit or sacked that much so other then that minor scope to clean it up I dont think he's ever been hurt.

You can draft a QB and let Manning groom him.

Comment

• Primetime
                          Thank You Prince
                          • Nov 2008

How does Big Ben have 34 games played over the last 2 seasons?
                          Think about it. When does a team play more than 16 meaningful games in a season?

Comment

• Deviant
                            Yes, please.
                            • Nov 2008

Just to hammer the point in again, Ben Roethlisberger has a 4QC/GWD against the Bills from this season. This is the infamous Stevie Johnson dropped TD pass game.

The Bills got the ball first and went three and out.

The Steelers got the ball and went three and out with a Roethlisberger sack.

The Bills got the ball back and start driving, but a Stevie Johnson drop in the endzone continues the game and gives the Steelers another shot after the punt.

The Steelers drive from their own 20 to Buffalo's 22. Roethlisberger went 1-for-3 for 17 yards. His only completed pass coming on a third down on their own 22. The running game took them down the rest of the field.

That counts as a 4QC/GWD. Overrated statistic.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                              Laughs Unlimited
                              • Nov 2008

Think about it. When does a team play more than 16 meaningful games in a season?
                              You do realize he was suspended 4 games to start this seasons. :ionno:
                              sigpic

Comment

• Primetime
                                Thank You Prince
                                • Nov 2008

You do realize he was suspended 4 games to start this seasons. :ionno:
                                Forgot to implement that. Makes it worse for him. 20-10

Comment

Working...