X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucky
    #50? WTF?
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBucs
    Freeman even giving Rodgers titles and he doesnt even know how the GOD blessed him.
    No thanks needed. Happens all the time. You know, players not being good enough to win when it really counts. Seriously, it happens all the time. No gift or giving about it.

So far in there careers, Rodgers good enough, Freeman not. Case closed.

Comment

• Woy
      RIP West
      • Dec 2008

This thread sucks. Blick and BigBucs have been more ridiculous than usual.
      NetFront/3.5.1(BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; SAMSUNG; NetFront/3.1.5/AMB) Sprint M550 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Just gonna post this again to give these dickhead statements the shine they deserve. Obvious that Senser is simply an idiot in regards to this subject or he is trolling like always. May be a mix of both with how far off the highlighted statements he made is.

A guy who truly doesnt know shit at all.

This fucker has to be trolling.

Little overboard. Penn was rock solid for the most part but we constantly played musical chairs at OL. Joseph, Trueblood and Faine were hurt for significant amounts of time, at the same time, last season so we were making due with what we had. Larsen, Zuttah and Lee did a decent job but having 3 starters out didnt make things any easier on Free.

Stop acting like an idiot. Freeman played half the season after we started 0-7 and lead us to wins over Greenbay (this years champs), and New Orleans (you know, the superbowl champs that year). For a guy who watched %90 of the games that season you would know this.

Wow. Why do gus spew off this shit as if it was fact. NO didnt rest anyone for that game. Not until the game was clearly over did they sit Brees. They were playing for a fucking division title.

Yea, because a QB having far more success with a running game than without isnt typical. BTW, Freeman is 1-0 vs Rodger, in fact he got his very 1st W vs him.

What a revelation, better players around you = more success. :acid: How many elite QBs in this league (save for Brady) has been successful with marginal talent? I dont see you trying to discredit them. SMH Only reason Manning has been good is Harrison and Wayne, Warner = Fitz/Boldin Holt/Bruce etc.... fuck out of here.

Where is the receiving statistics?

Get your ass on. I didnt have shit to do with this thread taking the direction it did.
        I just have to say that this is the most pathetic posting I've ever seen on VSN. Its factually incorrect (Tampa's defense DID outrank its offense last year), its filled with personal attacks, profanity, excessive multi-quoting, responding to multiple people in the same post, etc.

But what makes this pathetic is that is was already posted once, and got the recognition and response it deserved (none). To post this again reminds me of a pestering little brother who keeps doing the same annoying thing over and over until he illicits a response, no matter how negative.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
          I just have to say that this is the most pathetic posting I've ever seen on VSN. Its factually incorrect (Tampa's defense DID outrank its offense last year), its filled with personal attacks, profanity, excessive multi-quoting, responding to multiple people in the same post, etc.

But what makes this pathetic is that is was already posted once, and got the recognition and response it deserved (none). To post this again reminds me of a pestering little brother who keeps doing the same annoying thing over and over until he illicits a response, no matter how negative.
          Tampa seemed to dumb down their offense for Freeman. He averaged 32 att/game his rookie year. Last year, he averaged less than 30 att/game. Tampa made a concerted effort to "hide" Freeman, and it worked. When he had to carry the team with his arm, he couldn't do it. He benefited from a weak schedule and a pretty good defense
          You really trying to shit on my post when you posted this bullshit? Olsen didnt dumb down anything for Freeman or try to "hide" him. You dont know shit about shit. Its nothing factual about anything in your post, in fact its all wrong. How the hell do you hide a player who throws for 3500 yards, 25 TDs and 6 int and the 6th best QB rating in the league? He had one less pass attempt, 6 less 20+ yard completions (48) and the same amount of 40+ yard completions (10) than Aaron Rodgers. I guess GB hid Rodgers as well.

Also, its hilarious that you dickheads are trying to base your whole "he doesnt deserve the top 100" argument on Freeman having one good year when you argued me down about McFadden being a top 100 player over T.O based on one good season after 2 shitty years. Contradict much?

Originally posted by Woy
          This thread sucks. Blick and BigBucs have been more ridiculous than usual.
          NetFront/3.5.1(BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; SAMSUNG; NetFront/3.1.5/AMB) Sprint M550 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1
          We speaking facts. You all speaking on shit you all apparently have 0 clue about.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Also, its hilarious that you dickheads are trying to base your whole "he doesnt deserve the top 100" argument on Freeman having one good year when you argued me down about McFadden being a top 100 player over T.O based on one good season after 2 shitty years. Contradict much?
            No, those were two different arguments. I asked if it was just based on last year, or if it was career-related. McFadden over Owens based on last year is a no-brainer, except, of course, to you. I think Freeman over Owens based on last year is also a no-brainer, FWIW.

Its funny, because I actually liked Freeman last year. I thought he'd be a bust when he was drafted, and he's really surprised me. He looked poised when I saw him play. I'm just not ready to say he's a top 100 player yet. If he has another 25 TD 6 INT year next season, then perhaps.

Comment

• BigBucs
              Unpretentious
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
              No, those were two different arguments. I asked if it was just based on last year, or if it was career-related. McFadden over Owens based on last year is a no-brainer, except, of course, to you. I think Freeman over Owens based on last year is also a no-brainer, FWIW.

Its funny, because I actually liked Freeman last year. I thought he'd be a bust when he was drafted, and he's really surprised me. He looked poised when I saw him play. I'm just not ready to say he's a top 100 player yet. If he has another 25 TD 6 INT year next season, then perhaps.
              For a person who cant comprehend "Top 100 players of 2011" your sure as hell act like you know it all.

You just sat up here and argued me down about T.O. being on the list and why is he higher than McFadden. You gave me a million reasons why McFadden should be on the list and why he should be higher than T.O. after one fucking good season.

As soon as it was officially revealed that Free was on the list you immediately started to shit on him. Meanwhile you are telling me McFadden is one of the leagues best players after one season while doing everything you can to discredit Free. And somehow Im supposed to believe you liked him.

You are ready to come out guns blazing making a case for McFadden being a top 100 player as a RB but Freeman needs to put up another season as one of the top rated QBs in the league for you to give him your blessing?

Please shut the fuck up.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                Laughs Unlimited
                • Nov 2008

For a person who cant comprehend "Top 100 players of 2011" your sure as hell act like you know it all.

You just sat up here and argued me down about T.O. being on the list and why is he higher than McFadden. You gave me a million reasons why McFadden should be on the list and why he should be higher than T.O. after one fucking good season.

As soon as it was officially revealed that Free was on the list you immediately started to shit on him. Meanwhile you are telling me McFadden is one of the leagues best players after one season while doing everything you can to discredit Free. And somehow Im supposed to believe you liked him.

You are ready to come out guns blazing making a case for McFadden being a top 100 player as a RB but Freeman needs to put up another season as one of the top rated QBs in the league for you to give him your blessing?

Please shut the fuck up.
                valid. awaits response
                sigpic

Comment

• shag773
                  • Jul 2009

Please shut the fuck up.
                  Originally posted by §hayn•Da•Pain
                  valid. awaits response
                  I read this and I had to respond. I don't know and really don't give a fuck if Freeman is a top 100 player or not, but are you really trying to compare the year Mcfadden had vs Freeman?

McFadden Rushed for 1150 yards, almost 1700 total yards, 10 TD's and also led the league in runs of 20+ yards, all while splitting carries for a good part of the year. He also put up these numbers in 13 games.

Freeman had a good year. He did what he was asked to do, which was manage the game and don't make any mistakes. But how does a starting QB go an entire year without a 300 yard passing game in today's NFL? He was in the bottom half of the league in pass attempts and yards per game. Which tells me the passing game wasn't even the focal point of the offense.

It's a silly argument.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by shag773
                    I read this and I had to respond. I don't know and really don't give a fuck if Freeman is a top 100 player or not, but are you really trying to compare the year Mcfadden had vs Freeman?

McFadden Rushed for 1150 yards, almost 1700 total yards, 10 TD's and also led the league in runs of 20+ yards, all while splitting carries for a good part of the year. He also put up these numbers in 13 games.

Freeman had a good year. He did what he was asked to do, which was manage the game and don't make any mistakes. But how does a starting QB go an entire year without a 300 yard passing game in today's NFL? He was in the bottom half of the league in pass attempts and yards per game. Which tells me the passing game wasn't even the focal point of the offense.

It's a silly argument.
                    To his credit, Freeman had several come from behind wins and 2-minute drill wins. But you are correct, no matter how bigbucs wants to spin it, this was a run first team (especially when Blount established himself as the primary back) who for the most part played close to the vest and tried to win close games.

I never saw Freeman dominate a game. He was never the best player on the field. McFadden, fwiw, had several dominant performances (especially early in the season) and took over games. McFadden's best games shit on Freeman's best games, and he was the best RB in the league the first half of the season. I'm comfortable with him being top 100.

Again, Freeman did a nice job, but I find it hard to believe he can repeat the same success, simply based on normalization of some of his statistics, such as as his TD/INT and red zone TO rate. And when you strip away some of those impressive numbers, what do you have? A game manager who doesn't have dominant performances who is never the best player on the field. You can't say that about the other top QB's. He isn't there yet.

Comment

• Blick
                      The Judge
                      • Mar 2009

If the lack of 300 yard passing games is the best negative you guys can find on the guy, then I think he's doing alright. Roethlisberger, the QB Freeman gets compared to, only had two 300 yard games in his first 2 years in the league. Why are 300 yard games so important anyway? Is he hurting your fantasy team? Call me when the league makes rule changes to award points for 300 yard games. When J Free went 21-26 against Seattle with 5 TD's, I guess it was an unimpressive game because he only threw for 237.

He was in the top half of the league in pass attempts and yards. Going to per game numbers penalizes Freeman for starting and playing in every game, something the guys who pushed Freeman to the bottom part of the league in per game averages didn't do.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Blick
                        If the lack of 300 yard passing games is the best negative you guys can find on the guy, then I think he's doing alright. Roethlisberger, the QB Freeman gets compared to, only had two 300 yard games in his first 2 years in the league. Why are 300 yard games so important anyway? Is he hurting your fantasy team? Call me when the league makes rule changes to award points for 300 yard games. When J Free went 21-26 against Seattle with 5 TD's, I guess it was an unimpressive game because he only threw for 237.

He was in the top half of the league in pass attempts and yards. Going to per game numbers penalizes Freeman for starting and playing in every game, something the guys who pushed Freeman to the bottom part of the league in per game averages didn't do.

I like how you selectively take the weakest argument of many in a post and then jump on it, ignoring everything else that's been said.

lol @ throwing for 5 TD's vs Seattle. Would that be the 27th ranked Seattle pass D with giving up the 2nd most Pass TD's (31) in the NFL?

Pat yoself on the motha fuckin back Mr Freeman.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                          Laughs Unlimited
                          • Nov 2008

It's a silly argument.
                          Nope, that's not the context in which his comment was made. Therefore your response was a complete waste of time to write, and read.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                            Laughs Unlimited
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            To his credit, Freeman had several come from behind wins and 2-minute drill wins. But you are correct, no matter how bigbucs wants to spin it, this was a run first team (especially when Blount established himself as the primary back) who for the most part played close to the vest and tried to win close games.

I never saw Freeman dominate a game. He was never the best player on the field. McFadden, fwiw, had several dominant performances (especially early in the season) and took over games. McFadden's best games shit on Freeman's best games, and he was the best RB in the league the first half of the season. I'm comfortable with him being top 100.

Again, Freeman did a nice job, but I find it hard to believe he can repeat the same success, simply based on normalization of some of his statistics, such as as his TD/INT and red zone TO rate. And when you strip away some of those impressive numbers, what do you have? A game manager who doesn't have dominant performances who is never the best player on the field. You can't say that about the other top QB's. He isn't there yet.
                            McFadden is legit. I was starting to suspect him of having no heart. I had him on my fantasy team this year, and cut him after he got hurt against Houston in week 3 or 4. I honestly felt like he was going to piss me off all year long with hampered injuries, and average games. I did not expect the year he had, at all. I actually ended up with LeGarrette Blount, no joke. I'll be drafting McFadden next year if I can get him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Blick
                              The Judge
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                              I like how you selectively take the weakest argument of many in a post and then jump on it, ignoring everything else that's been said.
                              Point me to the stronger argument. There isn't one. Senser and shag both made the 300 yard game argument. It's the best statistical argument there is.

And everyone in here has ignored things that have been said.

Originally posted by killgod
                              lol @ throwing for 5 TD's vs Seattle. Would that be the 27th ranked Seattle pass D with giving up the 2nd most Pass TD's (31) in the NFL?
                              lulz I know. Fuckin bum couldn't even throw for 300+ on them either.

Congrats on missing the point.

Comment

• Blick
                                The Judge
                                • Mar 2009

Also, did you guys ever think that the Bucs were more of a running team because that's what their offensive line does better? Freeman was pressured on a larger % of his dropbacks than every other QB in the league except for Jay Cutler. And Freeman was only sacked 28 times, compared to 52 times for Cutler.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Comment

Working...