Should they start penalizing teams that fake injuries to slow down no huddle?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    How so?

Do you have a realistic idea on how they can fairly enforce this?
    Senser already covered this. Arbitrarily go case by case, just like "dirty" hits.. Clearly Grant & Williams were full of shit, this isn't difficult.

Or, do nothing and make a mockery of the games. Which is better?

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      Senser already covered this. Arbitrarily go case by case, just like "dirty" hits.. Clearly Grant & Williams were full of shit, this isn't difficult.

Glad to see Spags wasn't the only one intentionally laying down on Sunday?

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

The Commish can already do things unilaterally, so why hasn't he done this already?

In situations where it's not so obvious, I just have something against accusing guys of faking injuries.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          The Commish can already do things unilaterally, so why hasn't he done this already?
          Um, they are, starting now.

In situations where it's not so obvious, I just have something against accusing guys of faking injuries.
          The warning today was likely designed to stop guys from the soccer style obvious shenanegans that we saw Monday. And it will. Every coach in the league is probably telling their players to cut the shit now.

Comment

• corbin
            • Nov 2008

Just a scare tactic. By sending this message, they're hoping this cuts the fake injuries quite a bit and they can get back to play football the way it's supposed to be.

Kind of surprised that Grant is receiving so much hate. If I was in his position, the same thing would have come across my mind. Rams no huddle was all over the Giants and there was no official ruling against what he did, he made a veteran move(bush league or not) and could have prevented a touchdown.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

The warning today was likely designed to stop guys from the soccer style obvious shenanegans that we saw Monday. And it will. Every coach in the league is probably telling their players to cut the shit now.
              I'd imagine GMs are involved since they brought up draft picks.

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

I agree for most cases this can be difficult to enforce if you act it out well enough but in Deon Grant and Jawhoeverhisname Williams case, It was painfully obvious that it was faked. They should both receive hefty fines imo.

Look up Blake Costanzo vs the Browns in '09 I think it was. Same deal.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

its amusing to me that in the sports world this is treated like some major investigative story LOL its just a silly sports tactic/happening that will never die

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                    I agree for most cases this can be difficult to enforce if you act it out well enough but in Deon Grant and Jawhoeverhisname Williams case, It was painfully obvious that it was faked. They should both receive hefty fines imo.

Look up Blake Costanzo vs the Browns in '09 I think it was. Same deal.
                    Jets did it last year, too. And the Titans did it to them.

Comment

Working...