Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheImmortalGoud
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2011

Cooley asked to be released, because he wants to be a starter. It's not like he was gonna make the roster anyways unless he took a pay cut.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
      aka Reece
      • Apr 2009

supposedly he was playing mostly at FB and hasn't been blocking good at all, hence the release...
      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Slateman
        • Apr 2009

Cooley is a contract decision. I hope he goes somewhere and plays well. I will be a fan of that team.
        The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
        As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
        If only I had died instead of you
        O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• ralaw
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Skins fans in NoVa are going crazy right now over Cooley. Given his injury issues over the past few years I'm really not surprised. Living in SE VA I knew Cooley was a more liked player on the team, but since moving to NoVa I've seen that Cooley was loved and seen as a "face of the franchise" guy. I didn't know Skins fans loved him this much. I hear the Cowboys are in need of a TE......would Cooley do it? I know he LOVES the Skins, so IDK. When he is done playing expect he'll be on TV talking football somewhere.

Comment

• Derrville
            Dallas has no coaching...
            • Jul 2009

Fuck Cooley. I wouldnt want him. John Phillips is just like a little Witten.

I was watching the scoreboard in St. Louis (where the Redskins were playing), (and) I didn't see that they'd lost really until the end -- I thought (the Cowboys) blew (the Lions) out, so I kind of stopped paying attention. It's amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that," said Cooley.
            Romo threw three second-half INTs after Dallas was up 27-3. Two were returned for TDs, the third set up Detroit's game-winning drive.

"I'm just saying, I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, if I'm a head coach, I feel like I can probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, punt it away," added Cooley. "And there's no way that Detroit is gonna drive on you that many times. The only way you're gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right?

"It was hilarious to watch him throw pick-sixes, too, back to back. I loved it."

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Derrville
              Fuck Cooley. I wouldnt want him. John Phillips is just like a little Witten.
              Cooley is essentially a Redskins fan. I know there have been crossovers between the two teams throughout the years, but even if Dallas was the only starting position in the NFL, I don't think Cooley would go there.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

WR Terrence Austin
                C Erik Cook
                T Tom Compton
                QB Jonathan Crompton
                C Erik Cook
                RB Tristan Davis
                OL Grant Garner
                OL Willie Smith

DEFENSE
                CB Travon Bellamy
                NT Marlon Favorite
                NT Delvon Johnson
                LB Donnell Holt
                LB Bryan Kehl
                LB Brian McNally
                CB Brandyn Thompson
                DE Doug Worthington

Also, Tim Hightower was cut, and the team is looking into a trade with the Dolphins involving Anthony Armstrong for Steve Slaton.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Tanard Jackson has taken a wrong turn.

The veteran safety, who has a history of substance-abuse issues, has been suspended by the NFL indefinitely for violating the league’s drug policy. Jay Glazer of Fox Sports first reported the news.

Jackson was a productive player for the Buccaneers but he ran into drug problems and was eventually cut loose. He landed in Washington and now it appears his future in the NFL is in jeopardy. According to Glazer, Jackson is still appealing the suspension. He could be eligible for a review in one year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...1055--nfl.html
                  You would think after getting a fresh start and facing a year suspension, Jackson would learn. Guess not. Now I am worried for Davis and Williams, as the team couldn't keep Jackson out of trouble and he was motivated just to stay in the NFL. At the very least, it seems that the team will be able to keep both Gomes and Doughty now.

Comment

• Slateman
                    • Apr 2009

Captain Kirk looked great
                    The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                    As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                    If only I had died instead of you
                    O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Argath
                      $2 whore
                      • Apr 2009

Armstrong was cut

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Roster currently at 52 people, I wonder if that is for either Hightower or Cooley so their salaries aren't guaranteed.

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Argath
                          Armstrong was cut
                          And the Dolphins claimed him off waivers after releasing Steve Slaton.

Gee, I wonder if the Redskins will pick up Steve Slaton now.

These two teams couldn't have just done a straight up player for player trade?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                            And the Dolphins claimed him off waivers after releasing Steve Slaton.

Gee, I wonder if the Redskins will pick up Steve Slaton now.

These two teams couldn't have just done a straight up player for player trade?
                            Guaranteed one or the other (maybe both?) knew the other team had no leverage, and demanded a draft pick in return. Both teams are close enough to the top with the waiver order that no one is likely to take either player.

I will miss Armstrong though. Lined up against another teams backup defensive back like in 2010, Armstrong can put up some numbers.

Comment

• Argath
                              $2 whore
                              • Apr 2009

Alfred Morris was named the starting RB. Skins now rolling with rookie QB and RB for the season opener

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                                aka Reece
                                • Apr 2009

Alfred Morris? wtf, wasn't Helu slated to start? and how bout Royster as backup...
                                Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                                Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

Working...