Official Washington Redskins Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slateman
    • Apr 2009

#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year
    The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
    As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
    If only I had died instead of you
    O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Trmszczykowski
      The Mountain recast
      • Nov 2010

RG3 is gonna kill himself running into a camera man or something if he doesn't learn to slide. He didn't have his best game yesterday, but I thought he played very well given the hands of stones he is throwing too.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

So I missed the game yet again due to a meeting at work, what the hell happened?

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Panthers D happened and finally getting their run game going happened, cant blame that one on drops. Carolina was able to sack Griffin 4 or 5 times with a 4 man rush, they werent blitzing at all. Charles Johnson owned your RT soul. Mike Shanahan think he is playing madden. Mfer went for it on 4th down 3 times on a single drive. Last attempt was finally stuffed inside the 5 yard line on a QB sweep on a drive that was over 10 mins long.

Comment

• kmanharris
            Seven
            • Oct 2008

I haven't watched many Redskin games this year but why does Shanahan go away from Morris when they get into the redzone? Coaches in this league do some baffling things.

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kmanharris
              I haven't watched many Redskin games this year but why does Shanahan go away from Morris when they get into the redzone? Coaches in this league do some baffling things.
              Because the Shanny's have a shiny new toy in RG3.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Hope the rams enjoy having 2 top 5 picks

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

I really disagree with that. Sure, things look bad at 3-6, but the division could still be had if the Giants end up going into their mid-season lull like years past. Injuries have hurt the receivers and the defense, and the defense is terrible, but you don't give up on things.

Shanahan is still safe- Stephen A Smith can say whatever he wants, but Shanahan has until next season. I think the heat is really going to be on if he can't get the Redskins into the playoffs in 2013.

Comment

• BigBucs
                    Unpretentious
                    • May 2009

He is good for the duration of his contract. Dan Sneider will allow him to develop Griffin, he will be fired once its up though :chin:

Comment

• ralaw
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

IMO Shanny's future depends on how the team closes out the season. They gambled on the future by getting RG3, which IMO was the right move, but it is going to make it difficult to build the team, because they don't have high draft picks and they also have that cap penalty. This team's success is going to hinge on how they develop the players they have.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by ralaw
                        IMO Shanny's future depends on how the team closes out the season. They gambled on the future by getting RG3, which IMO was the right move, but it is going to make it difficult to build the team, because they don't have high draft picks and they also have that cap penalty. This team's success is going to hinge on how they develop the players they have.
                        The cap penalty is only for another season, but you are right, they are going to have to develop the players they have. The receiving corps will be helped immensely with Garcon being able to play, but the offensive line would need some help, as does the secondary.

I still don't think Shanahan's job hinges on how the team finishes this season. I think Snyder is actually content with sitting here and waiting out the rebuild. This roster that Shanahan inherited was pretty bad- that is why you see so few players still on the team from three years ago. Next season might be a different story, but when you have a rookie QB, regardless of ability, you have to give that season a pass, especially when you invested so much in RGIII.

Comment

• Slateman
                          • Apr 2009

Guess we all got a little depressed after Carolina. Today's a nice pick me up
                          The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                          As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                          If only I had died instead of you
                          O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• SuperKevin
                            War Hero
                            • Dec 2009

Why was Kyle Shanahan still calling designed QB runs in the 3rd quarter with a 3 TD lead?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                              Why was Kyle Shanahan still calling designed QB runs in the 3rd quarter with a 3 TD lead?
                              I actually like it. Far too often have the Shanahan's gotten too conservative when up in games like we were today, and they blew the lead. I heard about this from someone, as I didn't watch the game (helping someone move last minute) but yeah, I definitely like seeing that.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                                • Jul 2010

bring on Dallas on Turkey Day!!!!
                                we going to be in Redskin's Country for Turkey Weekend too.

anyway; strong and decisive win for RGIII & Co. i just hope it was more about the Redskins playing well, rather than the Eagles just suck that bad.
                                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

Working...