Official Washington Redskins Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slateman
    • Apr 2009

I think the Pryor trade gives us an indication of what Cousins would be worth. They have similar numbers in terms of TD:INT ratio and rating. I'd be surprised if anyone gave up more than a 5th rounder for him.
    The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
    As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
    If only I had died instead of you
    O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Slateman
      I think the Pryor trade gives us an indication of what Cousins would be worth. They have similar numbers in terms of TD:INT ratio and rating. I'd be surprised if anyone gave up more than a 5th rounder for him.
      For his worth to us, a fifth rounder is not worth the price. You might find a team like Arizona who could use a young QB behind Palmer, but also need the top picks in the draft, give up a fourth but that's about it. He didn't wow people last year like he did in 2012.

Comment

• buckeye
        Noob
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
        For his worth to us, a fifth rounder is not worth the price. You might find a team like Arizona who could use a young QB behind Palmer, but also need the top picks in the draft, give up a fourth but that's about it. He didn't wow people last year like he did in 2012.
        I wouldn't let Cousins go for less than a 3rd personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• Slateman
          • Apr 2009

I would actually give up Cousins for a 5th. He's a back up QB. In this draft, you should be able to find a starting guard in the 4th or 5th round.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Slateman
            I would actually give up Cousins for a 5th. He's a back up QB. In this draft, you should be able to find a starting guard in the 4th or 5th round.
            He's a backup QB when we have an injury prone QB at this point. With that variable in play it is not something that I am willing to give up at this point.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
              • Jul 2010

a 3rd and no less for Cousins.

as we have seen in those last 3 games, when RGIII was benched, Cousins is good for one game off the bench
              and
              he is not a starter, at least not on the Redskins.

Cousins could have sucess with a good OL, unlike the one we had when he played, lol.

But
              honestly; i wouldnt trade him. keep him and have a solid QB Back Up.
              also; lets bring back Pat White again......
              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Argath
                $2 whore
                • Apr 2009

Gonna side with Thomas here, though I believe we should have traded Cousins after his rookie year. At this point he's worth more than a late draft pick to us. If someone offers a 2nd or 3rd I pull the trigger without a thought though

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

I mean, we also have Colt McCoy, but look at what happened to the Cowboys last year when Romo went down. They had Orton start, and had Jon Kitna on the bench. Could you imagine if Orton got hurt how bad things would get? I think three QBs should be something every team carries, and are foolish if they don't. Even more foolish if you've got someone with the recent bill of health that RGIII has.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Sep 7 @Houston 1:00 pm
                    Sep 14 Jacksonville 1:00 pm
                    Sep 21 @Philadelphia 1:00 pm
                    Sep 25 N.Y. Giants 8:25 pm
                    Oct 6 Seattle 8:30 pm
                    Oct 12 @Arizona 4:25 pm
                    Oct 19 Tennessee 1:00 pm
                    Oct 27 @Dallas 8:30 pm
                    Nov 2 @Minnesota 1:00 pm
                    Week 10 BYE
                    Nov 16 Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
                    Nov 23 @San Francisco 4:25 pm
                    Nov 30 @Indianapolis 1:00 pm
                    Dec 7 St. Louis 1:00 pm
                    Dec 14 @N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm
                    Dec 20 Philadelphia
                    Dec 28 Dallas 1:00 pm

We have a Thursday night game against the Giants at home, and two Monday Night Games, one home against Seattle and one away against Dallas. That is going to be a tough stretch at the bye with four of five games played on the road. If we end up in the playoff hunt, it's good to have the Eagles and Cowboys at home to finish the year.

Comment

• Slateman
                      • Apr 2009

I mean, we also have Colt McCoy, but look at what happened to the Cowboys last year when Romo went down. They had Orton start, and had Jon Kitna on the bench. Could you imagine if Orton got hurt how bad things would get? I think three QBs should be something every team carries, and are foolish if they don't. Even more foolish if you've got someone with the recent bill of health that RGIII has.
                      I think McCoy can be just as good as Cousins. Actually, I would say his current resume shows he's already better than Cousins. Like I've said, if anyone offers more than a 5th rounder for him, take it and run. There are a lot of good offensive linemen in this draft. A 4th rounder could get you a starting guard. A starting guard is far more valuable than a QB who should be third on the depth chart.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

And of course, the NFL is investigating as this would be an unauthorized use of a team logo.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

The Post ran a story recently about the team having until May 3rd to pick up the fifth year option on Kerrigan's contract. I am not sure why we haven't done so already, considering he's gotten over 8 sacks per year, accounted for 12 turnovers and has played every game since being drafted.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Fifth year option picked up on Kerrigan, again surprised it took that long, but it makes sense. Even at the $7 million cap hit, the franchise tag would be more.

Comment

• Argath
                              $2 whore
                              • Apr 2009

Fifth year option picked up on Kerrigan, again surprised it took that long, but it makes sense. Even at the $7 million cap hit, the franchise tag would be more.
                              Just spitballing here but it probably had to do with 2 things:

1. Seeing how he plays in practice after his surgery, probably wanted to use all the time they could to get a good idea with where he's at
                              2. His salary jumping from 1.5 mill this season to 7 mill next season. That's a massive jump

I think 7 mill is worth it though.

I read the Skins are considering drafting an OLB with their 2nd round pick, hoping this is false. Don't see the need to draft an OLB so high, especially with all the LBs already on the roster. Would rather see the pick spent on OLine or the secondary.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Argath
                                Just spitballing here but it probably had to do with 2 things:

1. Seeing how he plays in practice after his surgery, probably wanted to use all the time they could to get a good idea with where he's at
                                2. His salary jumping from 1.5 mill this season to 7 mill next season. That's a massive jump

I think 7 mill is worth it though.

I read the Skins are considering drafting an OLB with their 2nd round pick, hoping this is false. Don't see the need to draft an OLB so high, especially with all the LBs already on the roster. Would rather see the pick spent on OLine or the secondary.
                                It is a large jump, but considering his performance and motor, it is well worth the price.

I would hope that is false, considering the depth we have at linebacker this year, but I can also see it from the point that the Redskins really value the bookend pass-rusher. If a first round talent falls to them, they will take that player even though it doesn't fit a need now, as they aren't likely to bring back Orakpo after this year.

Comment

Working...