• Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
    glad McCoy is answer against the Colts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;
    MFer
    Colt McCoy threw for more touchdown passes in one game than RGIII has thrown the entire season

Comment

• Slateman
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      Colt McCoy threw for more touchdown passes in one game than RGIII has thrown the entire season
      And fumbled the ball four times.

This game showed that the problem wasn't just Griffin. That offensive line is in shambles and McCoy hangs on to the ball as much as anyone. We've now had three QBs and NONE of them have played well. The Oline blows.

Honestly, I believe the Redskins need to give Griffin another chance. Frankly, they've invested too much in Griffin and frankly, he's spent the last season and a half trying to get healthy. Maybe he will never be healthy, but they need to give him the opportunity to develop. Hire coaches who know how to work with QBs who have never studied film or really developed in an offense. Give Griffin an actual offseason plan for this. Don't let him go off on his own.

In the draft, address this team's primary need: Offensive line. Stop fucking around on this issue. The Skins will have a Top 5 pick. Use it. Draft Peat in the first round. Take Cann/Matias/Grasu in the second. Get another guard in free agency. Give Griffin the confidence that he's not gonna get bum rushed on every drop back. Get some guys to block for Alfred Morris so he doesn't have to break two tackles just to get to the line of scrimmage.

And if Griffin fails then, get your rookie. He should be able to step right in and play, just like Dalton did.
      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
      If only I had died instead of you
      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

I'm no expert on the subject so correct me if I am wrong, but in RGIII's college/early nfl career wasn't he so hyped because of his dual threat capabilities? Now he just wants to be a pocket passer and as it turns out he is no better at that than the other 2 QB's on the team?

Also for what its worth, our secondary has been really good this year for the most part, so that didn't help out McCoy either.

I saw a stat on reddit that so far this year, opposing QB's would have had a higher rating just throwing the ball out of bounds rather than throwing at Vontae Davis.

Comment

• Slateman
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
          I'm no expert on the subject so correct me if I am wrong, but in RGIII's college/early nfl career wasn't he so hyped because of his dual threat capabilities? Now he just wants to be a pocket passer and as it turns out he is no better at that than the other 2 QB's on the team?

Also for what its worth, our secondary has been really good this year for the most part, so that didn't help out McCoy either.

I saw a stat on reddit that so far this year, opposing QB's would have had a higher rating just throwing the ball out of bounds rather than throwing at Vontae Davis.
          http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments..._is_giving_up/
          Griffin recognized that he needs to learn how to pass from the pocket. He has not learned to do so. Last season was more OTJ and he spent his offseason rehabbing. This offseason should have been about becoming that pocket passer but he has a lot more to learn.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
            • Jul 2010

Official Washington Redskins Forum Thread

he played well in a game we didnt want to win, if we want that top 5 pick

would ww rather see rg3 out there and risk injury in a game that means nothing.

Colts took it easy for us

MFer
            3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments..._is_giving_up/
              Those sacks were really coverage sacks, except that one on fourth down. That was just a bad play all around.

The issue with RGIII is that in the Jacksonville game, they got him out of the pocket and on some read options, but he got hurt again. I think Gruden had every intention of trying to mix some of that in, but everyone got cold feet when the injury happened.

At this point, I would rather give McCoy time back there to see what he can do. Bring him and RGIII back to compete next year, while we continue to build the team around them. Specifically, we need some more help on the OL, and in the secondary. I would also bring in another veteran QB to compete with that group as well. If no one can do well in 2015, that is when we look for our QB in the draft.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

he played well in a game we didnt want to win, if we want that top 5 pick

would ww rather see rg3 out there and risk injury in a game that means nothing.

Colts took it easy for us

MFer
                I'm going to say we've seen the last of RGIII under center for the Redskins. If he is kept on the roster next season, he will be competing with at least McCoy for the starting job, and I just don't see him winning it. He has not progressed like he should have.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                  Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                  • Jul 2010

I'm going to say we've seen the last of RGIII under center for the Redskins. If he is kept on the roster next season, he will be competing with at least McCoy for the starting job, and I just don't see him winning it. He has not progressed like he should have.
                  anybody on the QB depth chart will be competing for that starting position next year.
                  they wont get rid of RG3. that would just be ridiculous since we gave all those picks away for this guy.
                  it wouldnt look good the team, management and the whole organization......

regardless - i would rather lose out the season and get that top 5 pick.
                  we need lots of help and we get that help with good solid draft picks
                  AND
                  more free cap space to go out buy solid FAs. i dont mean big names either. we need underpaid veterans that sit behind elite players
                  3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

anybody on the QB depth chart will be competing for that starting position next year.
                    they wont get rid of RG3. that would just be ridiculous since we gave all those picks away for this guy.
                    it wouldnt look good the team, management and the whole organization......

regardless - i would rather lose out the season and get that top 5 pick.
                    we need lots of help and we get that help with good solid draft picks
                    AND
                    more free cap space to go out buy solid FAs. i dont mean big names either. we need underpaid veterans that sit behind elite players
                    The bold is the reason that this team has stunk so long since the first Joe Gibbs era. If a spade isn't a spade, why continue trying to make it a spade?

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

The bold is the reason that this team has stunk so long since the first Joe Gibbs era. If a spade isn't a spade, why continue trying to make it a spade?
                      cuz most owners only care about making $$$

they dont care how they make ticket sales, merchandise sales, endorsements, etc......

Redskins make money when we suck or struggle and Dan loves it.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

From ESPN Insider

The Redskins did not necessarily have a viable alternative when they benched Griffin for Colt McCoy. McCoy has provided an upgrade in his two starts, but first-year coach Jay Gruden needed to make this change regardless. Benching Griffin allowed Gruden to counter perceptions that he was just another puppet working under owner Dan Snyder. Those perceptions were his reality until proved otherwise.

"Everyone thought there was a double standard with the quarterback," an offensive coach from another team said. "That is over. Jay ended that."

Coaches and personnel people I've spoken with have pointed to Snyder, Arthur Blank and Jerry Jones as well-meaning owners whose close relationships with players can undercut head coaches. Snyder seemed to have Griffin's back, but it's less relevant now that Gruden has sent Griffin to the sideline.

"I love the owner at the Falcons and I love Jerry Jones, but there is an ease there that hinders production and filters to the player," one coach said before the season. "There is an excuse, something there, a soft pillow for you. ... You can change all the head coaches you want, but until that attitude changes, you have got a problem. There has to be an urgency, a level of competition to bring out the best in a player. Then the head coach can stand up and give demands and try to bring out the best in you. If you've got a place to go like that [the owner], it doesn't work."

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

From ESPN Insider

The Redskins did not necessarily have a viable alternative when they benched Griffin for Colt McCoy. McCoy has provided an upgrade in his two starts, but first-year coach Jay Gruden needed to make this change regardless. Benching Griffin allowed Gruden to counter perceptions that he was just another puppet working under owner Dan Snyder. Those perceptions were his reality until proved otherwise.

"Everyone thought there was a double standard with the quarterback," an offensive coach from another team said. "That is over. Jay ended that."

Coaches and personnel people I've spoken with have pointed to Snyder, Arthur Blank and Jerry Jones as well-meaning owners whose close relationships with players can undercut head coaches. Snyder seemed to have Griffin's back, but it's less relevant now that Gruden has sent Griffin to the sideline.

"I love the owner at the Falcons and I love Jerry Jones, but there is an ease there that hinders production and filters to the player," one coach said before the season. "There is an excuse, something there, a soft pillow for you. ... You can change all the head coaches you want, but until that attitude changes, you have got a problem. There has to be an urgency, a level of competition to bring out the best in a player. Then the head coach can stand up and give demands and try to bring out the best in you. If you've got a place to go like that [the owner], it doesn't work."
                          Shanahan benched RGIII for the last 3 games last year........
                          this move doesnt prove anything different - especially if its to show football fans that he isnt gonna be a puppet under Dan.
                          why risk injury on RGIII when there is nothing that can be salvaged at this point.
                          they couldnt win @ Vikings or 49ers. i am all for letting McCoy start......might as well see what he has left.
                          But
                          at the same time, have RGIII ready to go in if McCoy gets hurt in the last remaining games.
                          and Cousins doesnt even dress anymore........

Comment

• Slateman
                            • Apr 2009

Stop looking for a quick fix. This is the entire problem with the Washington Redskins with Dan Snyder as owner. The team keeps trying for the quick fix instead of actually conducting a "rebuild." Build the nest. Build an offensive line that can pass protect and open holes for Morris. Build up some tight end depth so that we're not dependent on Jordan Reed's glass body. Get a nose tackle to anchor the 3-4. Draft some depth at OLB so we can keep our edge rushers fresh and overcome injuries. Get a quality starting safety.

In other words, take a long term approach and build up the team so that a rookie/young QB can step in and actually succeed, a la, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Steve Young, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Andy Dalton.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Slateman
                              Stop looking for a quick fix. This is the entire problem with the Washington Redskins with Dan Snyder as owner. The team keeps trying for the quick fix instead of actually conducting a "rebuild." Build the nest. Build an offensive line that can pass protect and open holes for Morris. Build up some tight end depth so that we're not dependent on Jordan Reed's glass body. Get a nose tackle to anchor the 3-4. Draft some depth at OLB so we can keep our edge rushers fresh and overcome injuries. Get a quality starting safety.

In other words, take a long term approach and build up the team so that a rookie/young QB can step in and actually succeed, a la, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Steve Young, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Andy Dalton.
                              i definitely agree with that.
                              you could have Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning behind this Redskin line and they would be just as bad.

the 2013 draft; we should have gone for OL last draft instead of Phillip Thomas, Jordan Reed & Chris Thomas. Amerson has been the only one to step it up.
                              yes; easy to say now but we that the OL was getting banged up and old.

2014 draft has proved to be decent; Murphy, Moses and Breeland - they are young but got plenty of time since Hall, Williams and Rak went down.
                              if we going to struggle, let it be rebuilding struggle - get an OL in the offseason via draft AND FA.
                              we gonna more Cap Space......

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

OG via FA, they are cheaper than safeties currently, and we've spent many mid-round picks on linemen recently. We need to see what they can do. I would go safety via the draft.

Comment

Working...