X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    Its not like they made two Super Bowls after that and lost them in very close games.
    You really don't think there is any connection? Do Brady and BB just not have "it" anymore?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      You really don't think there is any connection? Do Brady and BB just not have "it" anymore?
      I think its really hard to win a Super Bowl and that is the explanation. The Pats have been a really good team for over 10 years now. They barely beat the Rams and the Panthers. Requiring game winning drives in both games. The Eagles game was also somewhat close as well. They might win another one if Tyree doesn't pin a ball to his head, or if Eli doesn't throw a strike to Manningham.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        I think its really hard to win a Super Bowl and that is the explanation. The Pats have been a really good team for over 10 years now. They barely beat the Rams and the Panthers. Requiring game winning drives in both games. The Eagles game was also somewhat close as well. They might win another one if Tyree doesn't pin a ball to his head, or if Eli doesn't throw a strike to Manningham.
        I used to be there with you, but at this point their bad luck with better teams compared to their tremendously convenient good luck, everything goes there way, style with everyman teams in the Spygate era...dunno, it's just starting to become questionable to me.

Comment

• ram29jackson
          Noob
          • Nov 2008

he has been in the most playoff games. You cant do that without winning alot of them. There is nothing wrong, you just cant win the ultimate game that often for a million reasons

Comment

• Glenbino
            Jelly and Ice Cream
            • Nov 2009

Peyton Manning has won more Super Bowls than Peyton Manning since SpyGate.... #narratives

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

As a Philadelphia Eagles' fan who didn't appreciate the team's success before Donovan McNabb got fat, I pity New England fans when Brady retires.
              I'll take conference final losses over 4-12.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
                As a Philadelphia Eagles' fan who didn't appreciate the team's success before Donovan McNabb got fat, I pity New England fans when Brady retires.
                I'll take conference final losses over 4-12.
                What's the verdict on Ryan Mallett? His upside to me is Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

• Len B
                  :moonwalk:
                  • Oct 2008

The best part is people expect Brady to be perfect like Joe Montana. Oh wait...

1985 - Lost to Giants 17-3 first round
                  1986 - Lost to Giants 49-3 first round
                  1987 - Lost to Vikings 36-24 first round
                  1990 - Lost to Giants 15-13 second round
                  1993 - Lost to Buffalo 30-13 AFC title
                  1994 - Lost to Miami 17-27 first game

It's illogical. Because Joe Montana lost more games before the Super Bowl, he's more clutch than Tom Brady. I'd rather have a QB who loses more AFC title/Super Bowl games than wildcard and divisional. People seem to excuse losses prior to the Super Bowl and pretend they matter less.

Not saying Brady > Montana, but the idea of Montana being perfect is even more off than the idea of Brady being perfect.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

One day you corncobs will learn to stop dealing so much in absolutes when discussing QBs and their W/L record. Shit is fucking dumb, just stop doing it.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                      One day you corncobs will learn to stop dealing so much in absolutes when discussing QBs and their W/L record. Shit is fucking dumb, just stop doing it.
                      Fuck you brah. Flacco the GOAT.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                        Jus' bout dat action boss
                        • Feb 2009

Matt Ryan has as many playoff wins as TJ Yates
                        Originally posted by ram29jackson
                        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Bear Pand
                          RIP Indy Colts
                          • Feb 2009

I agree.
                          Originally posted by Bear Pand
                          Wins are a team accomplishment. QB record is the dumbest stat in football.
                          But until the media and fans in general decide to stop relying on QB record / rings so heavily, until QBs are not suddenly labeled elite off of single playoff runs...and until people stop trying to water every game down to QB A vs. QB B... Brady is a choker. What he's done from 05-12 falls perfectly in turn with the whole choker label.

The same people who were ready to hand Brady GOAT status had he won Superbowl 46:

now want to pump the breaks and be realistic. Because it's perfectly OK to label Brady the GOAT pending the outcome of one game, but it's ridiculous to label him a choker after watching him fail for like 8 years straight.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                            RIP Indy Colts
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Len B

It's illogical. Because Joe Montana lost more games before the Super Bowl, he's more clutch than Tom Brady. I'd rather have a QB who loses more AFC title/Super Bowl games than wildcard and divisional. People seem to excuse losses prior to the Super Bowl and pretend they matter less.

Not saying Brady > Montana, but the idea of Montana being perfect is even more off than the idea of Brady being perfect.
                            So where do you place Jim Kelly? Just like Brady he's a master at losing in the SB.

Comment

• Saluki
                              Ball So Hard
                              • Oct 2008

If he's a choker for making two Superbowls and 4 AFC Championship games since 05 how do i get that kind of choking on my team? And hell if it wasn't for the LUCKIEST CATCH OF ALL TIME and Mario Manningham making the best catch of his career on Eli's best throw of his career he's two plays away from winning those two Superbowls. If you think Brady is a choke your dumb, plain and simple. Those DBs are more to blame for these losses than Brady.

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bear Pand
                                So where do you place Jim Kelly? Just like Brady he's a master at losing in the SB.

Comment

Working...