X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bear Pand
    RIP Indy Colts
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
    Outside of the obvious age factor Brady is still the same dude and still is effective. Much of football success and failure is situational. A play here or there changes outcomes and I guess for some perspectives.
    I know. I'd say he's even better.

I was never a big believer in the whole clutch/choker thing, and had to sit there for years listening to all these mythical tales of how clutch Brady was. At least in the beginning it was justified, but even after the losses and bad performances it did not stop. I even remember last year watching the Jets game and Jim Nantz go on about how clutch Brady was, ice water in his veins blah blah. Then he plays like shit and no one even bats an eye.

It's time for this shit to die. Tom Brady aint that playoff hero the fans/media make him out to be.

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

Oh ya I almost forgot.

LOL at Bill Belichick rebuilding the old Indy Colts for no reason at all. I'm not talking about schemes more about mentality. It's like after that 06 AFC CG loss dude said "hey maybe that actually does work!" How do you go from win 3 SB with good defensive teams that are able to shut down high powered offenses routinely, to being that high powered offense that gets shut down every postseason.

Smarten up Bill.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

No shame in losing to a superior QB like Eli. Brady went head to head with a future hall of famer, what'd you expect to happen?

Comment

• Len B
          :moonwalk:
          • Oct 2008

Ralaw/W2B have nailed it on the head for a while now. One play in NFL changes everything, and puts a player too high or too low without looking at his entire body of work. Brady could easily have 5 Super Bowls (Samuel drop, Welker drop) and could easily only have 1 or 2 Super Bowls.

However, if you look at his entire body of work Brady and Manning are still the two best quarterbacks the game has seen since Montana, and Brady is still in the Super Bowl statistically one out of every two years, which says a lot.

Comment

• Len B
            • Oct 2008

I posted it in the shit fuck thread that is the Manning one, and this sums it up perfectly. Here is an example of the GOAT quarterback Montana and the unclutch QB Tom Brady. Shit happens, both are still top five of all-time.

Comment

• Len B
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bear Pand
              Oh ya I almost forgot.

LOL at Bill Belichick rebuilding the old Indy Colts for no reason at all. I'm not talking about schemes more about mentality. It's like after that 06 AFC CG loss dude said "hey maybe that actually does work!" How do you go from win 3 SB with good defensive teams that are able to shut down high powered offenses routinely, to being that high powered offense that gets shut down every postseason.

Smarten up Bill.
              Pretty simple, actually:

Jermaine Cunningham
              Patrick Chung
              Ron Brace
              Darius Butler
              Tyrone McKenzie
              Terrence Wheatley
              Shawn Crable
              Jonathan Wilhite
              Brandon Meriweather
              Kareem Brown
              Ellis Hobbs
              James Sanders
              Marquise Hill (RIP)
              etc.

Belichick is without a doubt one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL, he however is not one of the best drafters. Their biggest prize was pure luck with Tom Brady. His best players are ones that he finds with a certain skill set and can work with (Vrabel/Ninkovich) or top talent like Seymour or Wilfork.

It's not like Belichick didn't try to build a defense, it's that he couldn't connect on his draft picks.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                Izzy is a bum
                • Feb 2009

yes, clearly the exact same throw and catch, guys were same height and both running in stride and going to get the ball, no one even had to turn around from that pic

LOL, lets use still pics and make them the exact same play
                Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Len B
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                  yes, clearly the exact same throw and catch, guys were same height and both running in stride and going to get the ball, no one even had to turn around from that pic

LOL, lets use still pics and make them the exact same play
                  Because every NFL player is 6'2", weighs 250 pounds and runs a 4.34, right?

The point, since you missed it, is both plays come down to fractional miscues/fortune, and changes the entire history of each player for no reason at all as W2B or ralaw have been stating.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                    Jus' bout dat action boss
                    • Feb 2009

Tom Brady played great after the first quarter. Dropsies killed him.. just like Rodgers against the Giants.

He still has 3 rings and will go down as one of the best QB's to ever play the game. He probably won't be in the GOAT discussion anymore.. but Top 5 for sure.
                    Originally posted by ram29jackson
                    I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                      Jus' bout dat action boss
                      • Feb 2009

its simple, greatness in athletics has a short shelf life and everything has to go right/well.
                      He went 27/41 for 276 yards and 2 TD's... if he didn't have those drops he goes over 300 and wins Super Bowl MVP easily.

His shelf life is fine.
                      I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Bear Pand
                        RIP Indy Colts
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Len B
                        Because every NFL player is 6'2", weighs 250 pounds and runs a 4.34, right?

The point, since you missed it, is both plays come down to fractional miscues/fortune, and changes the entire history of each player for no reason at all as W2B or ralaw have been stating.
                        Ok here's the whole point.

I agree with what W2B and ralaw are saying. And I consistently mention how I think things like QB record are stupid, QBs shouldn't be judged by # of SBs and that QBs get far too much credit.

BUT

Out of all the QBs this generation Brady has been the biggest beneficiary of this mentality. Easily. And like I said earlier it's to the point that he still get's praised for being a playoff hero even though he hasn't done well in the playoffs consistently for years. If he's going to be overly praised when his team has success, it's only fair for the criticism to come when his team fails.

Brady =

Comment

• Liquidrob
                          Izzy is a bum
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                          Tom Brady played great after the first quarter. Dropsies killed him.. just like Rodgers against the Giants.

He still has 3 rings and will go down as one of the best QB's to ever play the game. He probably won't be in the GOAT discussion anymore.. but Top 5 for sure.
                          um, he did nothing after the first drive of the 3rd quarter, zero points and a pick
                          Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

As a starter (I'm not counting 08 because he was hurt) he has made 5 Super Bowls in 10 seasons. He also had arguably his best weapon playing nowhere near 100% and is a Wes Welker drop, or even Kenny Phillips batting the ball towards Gronk, away from being universally heralded as the GOAT. Brady is not a choker, his team just lost.

This whole thread is ridiculous. The guy has at least 3-4 more seasons in him and I doubt this is the last time we see Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. He'll probably win another one too.

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

Dwight Clark was in the endzone.....if welker makes that catch it is not automatically "game over"

Comment

• Bear Pand
                                RIP Indy Colts
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                                As a starter (I'm not counting 08 because he was hurt) he has made 5 Super Bowls in 10 seasons. He also had arguably his best weapon playing nowhere near 100% and is a Wes Welker drop, or even Kenny Phillips batting the ball towards Gronk, away from being universally heralded as the GOAT. Brady is not a choker, his team just lost.

This whole thread is ridiculous. The guy has at least 3-4 more seasons in him and I doubt this is the last time we see Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. He'll probably win another one too.
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-7ige38TUU"]Tom Brady Safety Super Bowl 2012 NEW NEW NEW - YouTube[/ame]

hahaha

PS: even had they won, he would not have been universally heralded as the GOAT. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...