X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
    No, Yates would get elevated for NOT making the 4th QTR int, his offense scoring more than 14 points, and winning the SB.
    Again.

Dumb.

TJ Yates being elevated because Brees throws a pick is stupid.

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

good thread Pand
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• bucky
        #50? WTF?
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
        Again.

Dumb.

TJ Yates being elevated because Brees throws a pick is stupid.
        Talking about missing the point. Yates would not be elevated because Brees threw a stupid pick. He would be elevated for NOT throwing a stupid pick. This isn't difficult to understand.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Talking about missing the point. Yates would not be elevated because Brees threw a stupid pick. He would be elevated for NOT throwing a stupid pick. This isn't difficult to understand.
          I didn't know throwing up a ball to your all pro TE vs a LB, who was wide the fuck open, was a "stupid" decision.

It was a bad throw because it was underthrown, but a stupid decision? I'd throw at that matchup 10 out of 10 times and you'd be lying if you'd do otherwise.

Bad throw, not stupid.

Not difficult to understand, but I'll go ahead and assume you won't be able to wrap your head around it.

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

:obama:

If Yates is elevated for riding a defense and running game to a Super Bowl while Brees legacy takes a hit for throwing the ball around the yard and throwing a pick as a result.

Yes that's stupid to elevate Yates for basically being Trent Dilfer while Brees legacy takes a hit for the team actually leaning on him.

If Yates did nothing to stand out and Brees played well but threw a pick to seal the game I don't think less of Brees and think any more of Yates.

Excuse me for not being simple minded.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
              I didn't know throwing up a ball to your all pro TE vs a LB, who was wide the fuck open, was a "stupid" decision.

It was a bad throw because it was underthrown, but a stupid decision? I'd throw at that matchup 10 out of 10 times and you'd be lying if you'd do otherwise.

Bad throw, not stupid.

Not difficult to understand, but I'll go ahead and assume you won't be able to wrap your head around it.
              Yeah, it's not like Blackburn hadn't been getting roasted all game anyways........Wait...Oh yeah..he had been.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
                Yeah it's a big difference between getting roasted by a fast TE that is healthy than a TE with a High Ankle Sprain.
                Gronk ran by him anyways.

LOL at Blackburn.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

Yeah it's a big difference between getting roasted by a fast TE that is healthy than a TE with a High Ankle Sprain.

You don't make that throw in the SB. It was a stupid decision. He had room to run for some yards. He got greedy. Blackburn made a hell of a play.
                  You only say it's stupid because of the result. Blackburn was toast and Gronk was perfectly fine getting that wide open so health had nothing to do with it. Running 5 more yards to where the ball should have been would have been no issue for him.

Bad throw, period.

Comment

• bucky
                    #50? WTF?
                    • Feb 2009

Bad throw, not stupid.
                    FT used the "stupid int" for the Brees-Yates fictional SB. FT called it stupid. I just used FT's vernacular. I didn't call Brady's int a stupid throw. I just said Brady threw an int in the 4th QTR. Bad throw is still a big mistake to make in the 4th QTR of the SB.

Can you wrap your head around the "stupid int" was FT discussing a fictional Yates/Brees SB? How do you know the fictional Brees int was a bad throw and not a stupid decision? I'll just go ahead and assume you can't understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction.

Pointless point is pointless.

Comment

• Villain
                      [REDACTED]
                      • May 2011

So basically Bear Pand was just pointing out a rather agreeable sentiment that Tom Brady, while being a great QB, is not what the hyperbole-fueled media makes him out to be? He's great but he's not a God? I think we knew that.

What's the point of this thread again?
                      [REDACTED]

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Blackburn was burnt...kind of....Brady would have had to throw the ball 60 yards under severe pressure for Gronk to catch it easily....not an easy throw at all. (it was first down as well....that is a throw you make on 3rd down)

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

It was a scramble drill, not like Gronk ran a straight streak.
                          Gronk.

Ran.

By.

Him.

Blackburn getting lost on the play to begin with helps the argument you should throw it towards whoever that idiot is covering.

LOL at saying Gronk didn't "run by him". How'd he get behind? Madden morph?

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

No I say it cause it was a stupid decision on Brady part.

He wasn't "wide open" they were together running down the field. Gronk got bullied by Blackburn to make the pick.
                            And how many times did that happen this season?

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

It was a scramble drill, not like Gronk ran a straight streak. He ran a out and then ran up field once Brady started scrambling. Blackburn got lost while the play was going on. Looked like he was sacked. Plus Gronk didn't run by him.
                              Can you guys go watch the play? If he's hit in stride there's NOTHING Blackburn could have done.

He didn't run an out, he faked out and went down the seam.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                                Izzy is a bum
                                • Feb 2009

Gronk was healthy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mAXFtEVDd8"]TOUCHER & RICH - Rob Gronkowski Dances on Stage Hours after Super Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

post game video
                                Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

Working...