• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shayn•Da•Pain
    Laughs Unlimited
    • Nov 2008

Adrian Peterson Indicted In Child Injury Case

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...210420668.html

The NFL, already swamped with negative news in what has been a horrible week for the league, now has to deal with Adrian Peterson, one of its biggest stars, being indicted for injuring a child.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer said Peterson has been cooperating with law enforcement, and has to turn himself in to authorities. His status for this weekend's game against New England is unclear, Glazer said.

Child Protective Services confirmed to TMZ that they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy.

Peterson was not at practice on Thursday, with what coach Mike Zimmer classified as a day of rest, or "veteran day," but was at practice early Friday afternoon according to Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

The Vikings put out the following statement, through a team spokesman:

"The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson. At this time, we will defer further questions to Adrian’s attorney Rusty Hardin."

Hardin declined comment when contacted by Fox 26 Sports in Houston.

Peterson is one of the league's most marketable stars. He was named 2012 NFL MVP after coming back from ACL surgery to rush for 2,097 yards and lead the Vikings to the playoffs. The league has been under constant criticism since Monday morning, when TMZ released a video of Baltimore running back Ray Rice punching and knocking out his then-fiancee. Rice was cut by the Ravens on Monday.
    I was swatted with a switch as a kid, that shit fucking HURTS...On one hand I spank my kid, but I never us a switch or a belt like my parents did. That shits abusive. You ever heard the story of a parent that forces their kid to go out and pick a stick off the tree and get it ready for a spanking...yeah my dad really made me do that. So fuck that and fuck Adrian Peterson for doing this, and fuck any parent that uses a switch or belt. Use your fucking hand, and if your hand hurts from spanking your kid, then you're doing it wrong dipshit.
    sigpic
  • Steel Mamba
    Nasty
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shayn•Da•Pain
    I was swatted with a switch as a kid, that shit fucking HURTS...On one hand I spank my kid, but I never us a switch or a belt like my parents did. That shits abusive. You ever heard the story of a parent that forces their kid to go out and pick a stick off the tree and get it ready for a spanking...yeah my dad really made me do that. So fuck that and fuck Adrian Peterson for doing this, and fuck any parent that uses a switch or belt. Use your fucking hand, and if your hand hurts from spanking your kid, then you're doing it wrong dipshit.
    My grandparents would make me do that, I had to pull mine from a bush. Got the belt at home, but my mom had to because I would just laugh off when she spanked me with her hand. In hindsight neither are that bad. If getting hit with a belt is the worse abuse someone has seen then they've had it easy. Assuming the parents intentions are pure.

Comment

• BigBucs
      Unpretentious
      • May 2009

Can't discipline kids nowadays without someone sticking their nose in your business. Meanwhile their kids running all over their asses.

Comment

• The Catch
        18-1
        • Sep 2014

The kid hit AP first.

Comment

• Point Blank
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

No one should be using a fucking switch on a 4 year old. Your hand or a belt should do the trick. I firmly believe in spankings but not when it's taken too far.

BxXTRweIYAEI5Ib.jpg

Comment

• ralaw
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Another story to divide the country. A lot of people still believe in this type of discipline.

...spare the rod, spoil the child.
            Proverbs 13:24

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

Am I the only one who has no idea what a switch is?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                Am I the only one who has no idea what a switch is?
                Isn't it a stick or thin branch?

Comment

• The Catch
                  18-1
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                  Isn't it a stick or thin branch?
                  Correct.

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
                    KINGS DO KING THINGS
                    • Feb 2014

... Remember when everyone (including the NFL) thought Michael Sam was going to be a distraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    220 - MGA
                    TWITCH CHANNEL
                    "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                      Laughs Unlimited
                      • Nov 2008

You can discipline somebody without using a weapon. I'll say it again, the BEST tool to use is your hand. If as a parent you spank your kid and your hand hurts, stop. Because that's too hard.

I was the kind of kid that would laugh at my parents when they spanked me. My principle in elementary school (christian school) spanked me on a weekly basis with a paddle, and I laughed at him every time. He actually had to talk with my parents about it. They all decided that this form of discipline isn't working. It was decided by a counselor that I had enough awareness to make a "cognitive" decision to laugh out loud in an attempt to either stop the abuse, or to assert my personal authority that I would do whatever I want. So when that happens, I mean the moment a kid laughs in the face of punishment, that is a communication to change the form of punishment. For me it was the threat of being removed from sports.

Back to this case, we're talking about a 4 year old here. AP is a 220 lbs athletic man, what do you need a switch for? Use your fucking hand and forgo the risk of being accused of abuse. I know a 'switch' is scary to a kid, but so is a mad father figure spanking you with your hand.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                        Nasty
                        • Nov 2008

Looks like I'm about to lose my starting RB's in both of my pay leagues. Had Ray Rice in one, AP in the other..

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                          Nasty
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shayn•Da•Pain
                          You can discipline somebody without using a weapon. I'll say it again, the BEST tool to use is your hand. If as a parent you spank your kid and your hand hurts, stop. Because that's too hard.

I was the kind of kid that would laugh at my parents when they spanked me. My principle in elementary school (christian school) spanked me on a weekly basis with a paddle, and I laughed at him every time. He actually had to talk with my parents about it. They all decided that this form of discipline isn't working. It was decided by a counselor that I had enough awareness to make a "cognitive" decision to laugh out loud in an attempt to either stop the abuse, or to assert my personal authority that I would do whatever I want. So when that happens, I mean the moment a kid laughs in the face of punishment, that is a communication to change the form of punishment. For me it was the threat of being removed from sports.

Back to this case, we're talking about a 4 year old here. AP is a 220 lbs athletic man, what do you need a switch for? Use your fucking hand and forgo the risk of being accused of abuse. I know a 'switch' is scary to a kid, but so is a mad father figure spanking you with your hand.

Is someone like AP actually laying his hands on a child going to be less threatening? If he's going that hard with a switch I don't know if that's the better option. Smacking someone is more violent to me.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Based on news reports, this incident happened in May. The boy was spending time with Peterson and once he returned to his mother, she took him to a doctor who considered the cuts and bruises as child abuse.

AP told police he hit the kid after he pushed another kid off of a game.

Watch CBS News live and get the latest, breaking news headlines of the day for national news and world news today.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child's hands. Peterson then texted the boy's mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her "mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch."

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child's mother that he "felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh" and also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum in a text message, saying, "Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."
                            So nice of the NFL and its members to bring such troubled national issues as domestic violence and child abuse to the forefront of their billion dollar business.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

I'm all for you handling your kids the way you feel you need to handle him.

However I do disagree with the excessiveness and find that to be over the top and unnecessary.

Tapatalk

Comment

Working...