Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the Brain
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
    Could you imagine how much more intense NFL free agency would be if instead of waiting until the beginning of the new league year in March players would hit the free agent market as soon as their teams season ended? Teams could bring in starting-level reinforcements as the playoffs played out.

Make it happen goodell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They set the rules just to prevent that.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
      Could you imagine how much more intense NFL free agency would be if instead of waiting until the beginning of the new league year in March players would hit the free agent market as soon as their teams season ended? Teams could bring in starting-level reinforcements as the playoffs played out.

Make it happen goodell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      God, that would be awful, and so many teams would be circumventing contract rules it would negate any value for the players.

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

Another coach signed leaving Atlanta in the dust. I really wouldn't mind bringing in Teryl Austin but I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur Blank continues to sit on his hands with his thumb up his ass and wait until Seattle wins the super bowl to land Dan Quinn. These are really the only two options I like at this point.

Comment

• krulmichael
          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
          Another coach signed leaving Atlanta in the dust. I really wouldn't mind bringing in Teryl Austin but I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur Blank continues to sit on his hands with his thumb up his ass and wait until Seattle wins the super bowl to land Dan Quinn. These are really the only two options I like at this point.
          You leave Austin out of it. My Lions are almost out of the woods in that situation.

I honestly think he wants to stay as the DC at least one more year because 5-6 teams have talked with him (ATL having a 2nd interview) and yet no one has signed him. I find it hard to believe all those teams didn't offer him something.

Twitch Channel
          http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
          Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
          Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
          Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
          Season V: 2-1

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by krulmichael
            You leave Austin out of it. My Lions are almost out of the woods in that situation.

I honestly think he wants to stay as the DC at least one more year because 5-6 teams have talked with him (ATL having a 2nd interview) and yet no one has signed him. I find it hard to believe all those teams didn't offer him something.
            He's probably fulfilling the Rooney Rule qualification for at least some of them, no? It is a good thing he got another interview with Atlanta, however.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Supposedly Dan Quinn wants the Atlanta job bad so we might as well just wait around for him to win his second Super Bowl and snatch him up. I really wouldn't mind Austin though but when the man responsible for arguably the best defense football has seen for quite awhile wants to coach your team.... You let him.

But if we do have to settle for Austin, maybe he'll bring Suh with him.

Comment

• Derrville
                Dallas has no coaching...
                • Jul 2009

Comment

• the Brain
                  • Jan 2010

I wonder how good of a coach Quinn really is. There is a ton of talent in Seattle. Particularly in that D-backfield. Kind of makes it easy to scheme a plan w/those kind of arrows in your quiver.

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

Now Falcons are interviewing Gase for their OC position.

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
                      KINGS DO KING THINGS
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by the Brain
                      I wonder how good of a coach Quinn really is. There is a ton of talent in Seattle. Particularly in that D-backfield. Kind of makes it easy to scheme a plan w/those kind of arrows in your quiver.

If you break down the Seattle defensive scheme you will see it is a very simple one. They pretty much play cover 1, cover 3, and the occasional blitz package out of some type of a cover 3 shell. Like you said, that roster is full of talent and easy to mask the simplicity of the scheme.

Todd Bowles on the other hand, with the talent he has had and what he has been able to accomplish in Arizona the last couple of years, is pretty impressive.
                      sigpic
                      220 - MGA
                      TWITCH CHANNEL
                      "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• MrBill
                        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                        • Feb 2009

Tony Romo took a shot at the Patriots "DeflateGate" during the ACM awards in Dallas tonight

Tony Romo is no stranger to being the center of attention at AT&T Stadium on Sundays, but this time it was with a jab at the New England Patriots' "deflategate" scandal.

Romo took the stage to introduce Dierks Bentley, but took the opportunity to have a little fun with country music the shows' hosts, Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton.

The Cowboys' veteran quarterback came on stage with a football, throwing it toward the country music icons off stage. Shelton picked up the football and lobbed a smooth setup to Romo, asking, "Is this one of those deflated balls?"
                        "We're the Dallas Cowboys," Romo replied. "We have real balls."

Comment

Working...