X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
    maybe not but we know his chances of being a great (gamebreaker) QB in the NFL is much slimmer.
    and that all depends what teams he does get picked by.

if they a rebuilding team, then:

and
    NO way is he a "NFL Playoff Ready QB".....
    There's no guarantee he would even make it to the majors. His multimillion dollar contract is a guarantee in the NFL.

It is insanely hard to make it as a legit MLB pitcher. It's not like this decision is as simple as "Would you rather be a great MLB pitcher or a great NFL qb." There's a chance he never even becomes a MLB pitcher. There is a 100% chance he is a NFL qb.

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

Manziel Jr? Too wrapped up in stupid stuff to put in the effort to be a decent pro. I see him as a major bust or falling horribly in the draft.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tailback U
        There's no guarantee he would even make it to the majors. His multimillion dollar contract is a guarantee in the NFL.

It is insanely hard to make it as a legit MLB pitcher. It's not like this decision is as simple as "Would you rather be a great MLB pitcher or a great NFL qb." There's a chance he never even becomes a MLB pitcher. There is a 100% chance he is a NFL qb.
        there isnt any guarantees for anything in life - agree.

and the chance of him being a decent MLB pitcher is better than him being a decent QB in the NFL.
        the fact that he could have been drafted after high school means plenty.
        also;
        he is leaving college early to take a chance as a QB in the NFL, instead of finishing his education like most intelligent professionals.

he will get drafted into the NFL as a QB but thats about it...........drafted onto a team
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Realist
          • Mar 2009

there isnt any guarantees for anything in life - agree.

and the chance of him being a decent MLB pitcher is better than him being a decent QB in the NFL.
          also;
          he is leaving college early to take a chance as a QB in the NFL, instead of finishing his education like most intelligent professionals.

he will get drafted into the NFL as a QB but thats about it...........drafted onto a team
          Drafted to a team and making millions of dollar from day one in the NFL. That's not happening in the MLB from day one. Especially getting drafted in the 15th rd. As far as you (bold) comment, how do you know that? You are making it seem like you know how his future will unfold already. Players leave for the NFL early every year so saying "instead of finishing his education like most intelligent professionals." doesn't make sense at all. Plenty of guys have left early and went back to school later. The difference is, a lot of them didn't have the chance of being the top pick in the draft.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Good god this thread is full of some of the most uninformed garbage I've ever read. You guys should try watching Jameis play before throwing out asinine predictions about his career.

Manziel Jr? Too wrapped up in stupid stuff to put in the effort to be a decent pro. I see him as a major bust or falling horribly in the draft.

Sure he has some major off field red-flags but unlike Manziel nobody has ever questioned his on-field preparation or work ethic. He's an advanced passer with a sound football IQ. Not to mention he's not a 170 lb. midget. He's light years ahead of Manziel as a pro prospect.

He was drafted in the 15th round, dude. Hundreds of HS kids get drafted every year. He is not a legitimate baseball prospect.

Jesus fucking christ. This is like talking football in a barber shop full of retards.

Comment

• Jayrock
              mini MJ
              • Apr 2012

bro... this might just be the dumbest thing i have ever read.

no it doesn't

but he should have played baseball right out of high school amirite?

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Jayrock
                bro... this might just be the dumbest thing i have ever read.

no it doesn't

but he should have played baseball right out of high school amirite?
                doesnt matter;
                he will suck in the NFL......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;
                MFer
                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Jayrock
                  mini MJ
                  • Apr 2012

jameis was pick 486 in the 2012 mlb draft.

pick 482:

william gabay. started rookie league, now playing A ball

pick 477:

reid scoggins. played A ball, now unsigned and out of baseball

pick 475:

ryan borucki. started rookie level, now in A- ball.

all the picks in between went unsigned.

i cant even put into words how dumb you would have to be to ever think that jameis has a better shot as an MLB pitcher than an NFL qb

Comment

• Jayrock
                    mini MJ
                    • Apr 2012

doesnt matter;
                    he will suck in the NFL......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;
                    MFer
                    that could be true, but you said

he shoulda went to the MLB after high school.......that was his 1st big mistake.
                    your posts are lowering my IQ

Comment

• Jayrock
                      mini MJ
                      • Apr 2012

blake bortles contract was $20.6 million (~5 mill per). lets assume jameis gets that much.

there are 24 relief pitchers in the MLB making more than 5 million next year. only 4 of those pitchers were drafted after round 6 in their respective drafts. not to mention how late in a baseball player's career they get paid due to volume of players, team control, arbitration, etc etc.

so jameis should have passed up going to FSU for those odds

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                        Fuck em
                        • Oct 2008

He threw 18 fucking interceptions this season with a superbly talented team around him, add that with his off field shit and let's continue to tell people how he has a high football IQ...

I actually see Manziel comparisons. Nobody is comparing Jameis to Johnny by size or "NFL prospect grade". Fact of the matter is some guys keep their noses clean, they work hard, they study nonstop, they strive to be the best on and off the field. Johnny Football is a fucking moron, a classless shit that will destroy the franchise even further if he doesn't get his shit together. That's where Winston is being compared, because he continues to make boneheaded choices. He can still turn it around, but he's shown nothing to anybody suggesting that he will.

He will get Cam comparisons, but Cam wasn't troubled all through college, he didn't continue to make stupid fucking decisions, he made his mistakes, transferred, got his shit together, worked his way back into favor and lead a team to a championship.

The biggest detriment to RGIII is largely the team around him, but he made it worse with the me-first attitude. And it wasn't all his fault, that organization and the media built him up to be a near equal to Luck, and they pushed him as that, and he was never even close to it. Yes, 2nd best QB prospect in that class, but still undersized, he isn't a plug and play QB, you need to tailor an offense around him and protect him from making the mistakes that he is prone to make.

I pray he goes to the Buccaneers, sorry BB.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

Good points, and I agree that he is more like Manziel than Newton.

I don't think Winston will ever be as good as Cam Newton

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
                            He threw 18 fucking interceptions this season with a superbly talented team around him, add that with his off field shit and let's continue to tell people how he has a high football IQ...

I actually see Manziel comparisons. Nobody is comparing Jameis to Johnny by size or "NFL prospect grade". Fact of the matter is some guys keep their noses clean, they work hard, they study nonstop, they strive to be the best on and off the field. Johnny Football is a fucking moron, a classless shit that will destroy the franchise even further if he doesn't get his shit together. That's where Winston is being compared, because he continues to make boneheaded choices. He can still turn it around, but he's shown nothing to anybody suggesting that he will.

He will get Cam comparisons, but Cam wasn't troubled all through college, he didn't continue to make stupid fucking decisions, he made his mistakes, transferred, got his shit together, worked his way back into favor and lead a team to a championship.

The biggest detriment to RGIII is largely the team around him, but he made it worse with the me-first attitude. And it wasn't all his fault, that organization and the media built him up to be a near equal to Luck, and they pushed him as that, and he was never even close to it. Yes, 2nd best QB prospect in that class, but still undersized, he isn't a plug and play QB, you need to tailor an offense around him and protect him from making the mistakes that he is prone to make.

Oh wow glad you added to this pile of derp.

Comment

• MrBill
                              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                              I don't think Winston will ever be as good as Cam Newton
                              If history is a glimpse at the future, Winston will be out of the league in a few years for some kind of personal misconduct. The guy is a great athlete (not to Cam's level) but he makes some really poor choices off the field.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                                Probably owns the site
                                • Feb 2009

I'll actually address this derpitude ...

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
                                Yeah, he had a high INT total this year. He forced some passes that weren't there. A lot of his game is anticipation and letting the ball go early. He only had two experienced receivers this year, O'Leary and Greene. The rest were true freshmen. Those anticipation throws weren't hitting like when he had the group of Benjamin, Greene, O'Leary and Kenny Shaw.

Do you think his 184.4 passer rating, 40 TDs, 10 INTs as a redshirt freshman indicates a low football IQ? Or spending three years under the tutelage of Jimbo Fisher, one of the most esteemed developers of quarterbacks in the sport?

I actually see Manziel comparisons. Nobody is comparing Jameis to Johnny by size or "NFL prospect grade". Fact of the matter is some guys keep their noses clean, they work hard, they study nonstop, they strive to be the best on and off the field.
                                There has been nothing to ever suggest Winston doesn't work hard or will have preparation issues at the next level. He works his ass off.

No argument on the dumbness/immaturity. But unlike Manziel those maturity concerns don't extend to on-field preparation.

He will get Cam comparisons, but Cam wasn't troubled all through college, he didn't continue to make stupid fucking decisions, he made his mistakes, transferred, got his shit together, worked his way back into favor and lead a team to a championship
                                LOL, this just reads as revisionist history from a Panthers fan. Cam was at Auburn for one entire semester, and he was mired in scandal throughout his lone season on the plains. I like Cam, but to say he wasn't troubled through his college career is a total whitewashing of his history. He committed more counts of legal/academic misconduct than Jameis Winston (by a count of two to one*) and was under investigation for major NCAA violations (as pointless as I find the NCAA's rules to be) his entire junior season.

Me too, because that means BigBucs can dust off that Freeman #5 jersey he's had stashed in the attic.

* - after further review, will include the crab leg shoplifting incident.
                                Last edited by NAHSTE; 01-11-2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...