Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Lol @ I didnt focus enough on wrestling and BJJ. You got fucking decked before you could do much of anything AA..

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
      Lol @ I didnt focus enough on wrestling and BJJ. You got fucking decked before you could do much of anything AA..
      thats not really the point, seems like AA is saying all he has been doing is boxing and thats not the right mindset to have when fighting MMA, you can focus on your boxing, but you cant forget you are not in a boxing match

look at old AA, against Paul B, he threw an overhand right right into a double leg to start the fight, just so happened he KO'd Paul and didnt need to finish the double, its just a mindset

AA was a Sambo champ, he looked pretty crappy on the ground against Nelson and Rothwell, I think he understands he needs to get back to the total game and not just being a 'boxer'

He more than likely would still have gotten KO'd because it was the first exchange, but I dont think he is trying to make an excuse, but just realizing he has to retool his game

Just another case of a MMA fighter who has a bunch of skills falling in love with his hands and becoming 1 dimensional and losing
      Last edited by Liquidrob; 06-17-2009, 12:43 PM.
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
        thats not really the point, seems like AA is saying all he has been doing is boxing and thats not the right mindset to have when fighting MMA, you can focus on your boxing, but you cant forget you are not in a boxing match
        I think hes looking for excuses, TBH.

But yeah.. AA obviously falls in love with his boxing, but thats nothing new.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

I don't read anything really that tries to make excuses. Especially when he gives props to Rogers, to which he basically said "dude knocked me the fuck out, there wasn't anything I could do about it...heck, anyone would get knocked out after taking the punches I took!"

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

wait...if AA was focusing too much on boxing wouldn't it have helped him stand up against rogers and not get knocked out?

i can see how it would have hurt him if the fight went to the ground but it was the first exchange of the fight and the two were both standing and going to trade. if had been practicing his boxing as much as he says he should have been moving his head much more and not gotten knocked out so easily.

sidenote - watching TUF right now and i hate how the american fighters never listen to hendo in the corner. he just yells the same thing over and over again all fight and they never ever listen to him, i know they have trouble hearing while in there but come on dudes.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
              wait...if AA was focusing too much on boxing wouldn't it have helped him stand up against rogers and not get knocked out?

i can see how it would have hurt him if the fight went to the ground but it was the first exchange of the fight and the two were both standing and going to trade. if had been practicing his boxing as much as he says he should have been moving his head much more and not gotten knocked out so easily.

sidenote - watching TUF right now and i hate how the american fighters never listen to hendo in the corner. he just yells the same thing over and over again all fight and they never ever listen to him, i know they have trouble hearing while in there but come on dudes.
              AA is looking for excuses cause his career is at a cross-roads.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                dont matter how great you are at boxing if you your chin open like that and take those shots your going down.

Comment

Working...