Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

You also have to take into consideration the powerplay as well. Blue Jackets powerplay was rated 29th and they were 14%. Florida is the only team worse. So Carter and Nash on the PP just boosts it up. Plus it does give them the option of a power line with Carter and Nash together, or options of spliting them up. But I don't think when they got Carter they were looking for a play making centre, they just wanted a good centre either way.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Ravin
      You also have to take into consideration the powerplay as well. Blue Jackets powerplay was rated 29th and they were 14%. Florida is the only team worse. So Carter and Nash on the PP just boosts it up. Plus it does give them the option of a power line with Carter and Nash together, or options of spliting them up. But I don't think when they got Carter they were looking for a play making centre, they just wanted a good centre either way.
      Not all duos need to be like Ovechkin and Backstrom, where you have a playmaker setting up a goal scorer. Teemu Selanne and Paul Kariya were a destructive force on the same line in Anaheim with Steve Rucchin as their center. I think that the Jackets made a good move- they needed scoring and they got it, so I definitely agree with your point.

Its still just the beginning of the off-season. The Jackets have the cap space to acquire another player who could be classified as a "difference maker." We will see if they do that, and who it will be.

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

Can I also add that I've always liked Bryzgalov but now he's a wanker.

Comment

• shag773
          • Jul 2009

There are sorority houses and college bars all around Philly flying flags at half mast due to Carter and Richards being traded. The Philly nightlife has taken a big hit...

Comment

Working...