X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
    lol @ kuzzy, the UFC does not have a credible or standardized title shot system, to say shogun didnt deserve it is just silly at this point
    Its not that he doesnt deserve it per say.. but its falling into your UFC hate for me aswell. They're catering to a reality series and shit like that. We had nothing but question marks about Rua before the Chuck fight.. so he knocks out a supposed washed up Chuck and he jumps into it? Because it worked out that way.

Im not trying to say Rua's not a good fighter.. we've all seen what hes capable of.. but dude went from question mark to title shot in one fight? Thats Brock Lesnar-esque.

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
      Its not that he doesnt deserve it per say.. but its falling into your UFC hate for me aswell. They're catering to a reality series and shit like that. We had nothing but question marks about Rua before the Chuck fight.. so he knocks out a supposed washed up Chuck and he jumps into it? Because it worked out that way.

Im not trying to say Rua's not a good fighter.. we've all seen what hes capable of.. but dude went from question mark to title shot in one fight? Thats Brock Lesnar-esque.
      like I said earlier in this debate, you cant throw out Shogun's prior 3 years of just kicking ass, he fought Forrest after a injury and lay off, whatever you think of his performance against Coleman it was still a win and he beatdown Chuck and would have kicked his head into the 3rd row if it was prides rules, he showed wrestling, sub attempts and relentless striking

It is nowhere near Lesner-esque, Brock was 2 and freakin' 1 and got a title shot, let me repeat, 2 and 1, Shogun is 18-3 with wins over Rampage, Little Nog, Overeem X 2, Arona, etc.., you cant throw out that just because he had a loss and 2 wins in the UFC, Shogun has proven to be a top tier fighting for years now and has almost a 90% finishing rate

To even debate this is silly, and its not his fault Rampage wants to be a TV star and see what Machida's weaknesses are before fighting him, props to Shogun for taking the fight and he has earned any title shot he is given with his past accomplishments IMO
      Last edited by Liquidrob; 05-29-2009, 08:02 PM.
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Im not saying its his fault.. infact you're proving my point.. he got it by process of elimination. Guys like Griffin were more deserving but were already booked into matches and fresh off title defenses. A dude like Rampage wanted to do another reality show. And I already said im not discrediting Shogun because we all know what hes capable of. If an injury was an excuse for Forest (plenty of fighters come off injuries and fight btw, you know that Rob) what about against Coleman? I just dont like how you hold things against fighters but give other fighters passes for similar shit.

Again tho.. im looking forward to the fight. I think Shogun has the skill set to beat Machida. Do I think he will? No.. but anything can happen.

Comment

• Liquidrob
          Izzy is a bum
          • Feb 2009

Im not saying its his fault.. infact you're proving my point.. he got it by process of elimination. Guys like Griffin were more deserving but were already booked into matches and fresh off title defenses. A dude like Rampage wanted to do another reality show. And I already said im not discrediting Shogun because we all know what hes capable of. If an injury was an excuse for Forest (plenty of fighters come off injuries and fight btw, you know that Rob) what about against Coleman? I just dont like how you hold things against fighters but give other fighters passes for similar shit.

Again tho.. im looking forward to the fight. I think Shogun has the skill set to beat Machida. Do I think he will? No.. but anything can happen.
          how is forrest more deserving? thats like saying rashad should get a rematch which could of happened also, atleast Shogun is coming off 2 wins, Rashad got a title shot off beating Chuck and Forrest got a title shot off beating......Shogun! Before Forrest beat Shogun he was coming off a win from Hector Ramirez and a loss to Jardine

Fact are, Rampage probably should have got a rematch against Forrest for there close fight than Rampage went crazy and lost his shot, now he passed on it

Its not really process of elimanation like you are claiming

1. Rampage

than Shogun, Forrest and Rashad could have all been a good choice

You know what Forrests biggest win was before Shogun and getting a title shot? A loss to Tito...

Shogun has a better record against better comp than Forrest or Rashad and is coming off 2 wins

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

You discredit fighters for beating guys like Coleman and looking that bad all the time.. why is Shogun getting a pass from you in what you said yourself is the deepest division in all of MMA?

Comment

• Liquidrob
              Izzy is a bum
              • Feb 2009

actually, I have changed my mind, shogun needs to more impressive and shouldnt get a title shot

maybe if he beat say a Jorge Rivera, Curtis Stout, Tony Fryklund and Chris Leben while having a loss to Ryo Chonan and DQ loss to Okami he would deserve it...

Comment

• Liquidrob
                Izzy is a bum
                • Feb 2009

You discredit fighters for beating guys like Coleman and looking that bad all the time.. why is Shogun getting a pass from you in what you said yourself is the deepest division in all of MMA?
                Rampage, declined the fight

Forrest, coming of a brutal loss to Rashad

Rashad, worked by Machida, rematchs after such a bad loss make zero sense

Jardine,coming off loss to Rampage

Wand, coming off a multiple losses and fighting at a catch weight

Chuck, Dana retired him

Luis Cane, biggest win is Sok

Shogun, most inpressive hit list in the division with a win over Rampage

who deserves it now? also the divison is deep because almost all the top guys are at the same level, cant go wrong with who is the number 1 contender
                Last edited by Liquidrob; 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

Why you trying to talk like I hype up Anderson? Maybe you dont pay attention but ive never been the biggest supporter of Silva on these forums..

Shogun can be a deadly fighter.. but what has he changed under UFC rules to prove that? He looked brutal against Forest and Coleman.. and he KO'd Chuck. KO'ing Chuck probably doesnt hold the merit it once did, but is a big thing none the less. But Shogun's soccer kicks and stomps were his deadliest shits.. which he cant do now. Hes still a very well rounded fighter tho, and I hope for entertainment sake he comes ready against Machida. Like I said 3 times.. hes got the skill set.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                    Rampage, declined the fight

Forrest, coming of a brutal loss to Rashad

Rashad, worked by Machida

Jardine,coming off loss to Rampage

Wand, coming off a multiple losses and fighting at a catch weight

Chuck, Dana retired him

Luis Cane, biggest win is Sok

Shogun, most inpressive hit list in the division with a win over Rampage

who deserves it now? also the divison is deep because almost all the top guys are at the same level, cant go wrong with who is the number 1 contender
                    I think the division isnt as deep as we once thought.. theres just a ton of parody in it. Everyone has beaten everyone.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                      Izzy is a bum
                      • Feb 2009

I think the division isnt as deep as we once thought.. theres just a ton of parody in it. Everyone has beaten everyone.
                      thats why its deep, you can have rampage, forrest, machida, rashad, shogun, jardine even wand all fight each other and win and lose against each other and they are not scrubs, no 1 can say those guys are medicore, especially the top 5

I dont think any other division has that, throw in a possible rich franklin and SIlva jumping up and you got a bunch of top level fights

you cant say that in the other divisions, maybe 170 but GSP dominates

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

What about Lightweight?

BJ
                        Florian
                        Sherk
                        Joe Daddy
                        Edgar
                        Diego
                        Nate
                        Huerta
                        Griffin
                        Fisher

And others.. pretty deep division IMO.
                        Last edited by Kuzzy Powers; 05-29-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                          Izzy is a bum
                          • Feb 2009

What about Lightweight?

BJ
                          Florian
                          Sherk
                          Joe Daddy
                          Edgar
                          Diego
                          Nate
                          Huerta
                          Griffin

And others.. pretty deep division IMO.
                          BJ is on his own level, Florian has promise, but Sherk was always overrated, Joe Daddy lol, Diego interesting and Nate, besides that the Japan scene has the top LWs besides BJ

You throw in Hansen, Aoki, JZ, Alvarez, Kiwijari, Gomi, etc... and now you are talking, UFC has the monopoply on the LHW division
                          Last edited by Liquidrob; 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                            True Blue
                            • Feb 2009

meh. anderson is just keeping the belt warm till wand comes and gets it.

Comment

• clovett
                              • Mar 2009

shogun is no less deserving of a title shot than when rashad got one imo

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by clovett
                                shogun is no less deserving of a title shot than when rashad got one imo
                                How? When did Rashad ever have a performance like Shogun's against Forest or Coleman.. especially when coming into a new organization?

Comment

Working...