X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
    Carwin is foreal. Ive been convinced. That guy has the nastiest KO power this side of Brock Lesnar.
    umm, lol?

I dont doubt Brock has power with those canned hams he throws, but where are these KO's he has to say he has the most KO power?

He dropped Heath and did nothing for 3 rounds after that

He dropped Mir who was off balance and than got knee barred

Randy has been dropped multiple times and by LHWs

I know I'm new to this MMA thing, but to me you have to actually KO someone clean before you can say someone has the most KO power
    Last edited by Liquidrob; 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM.
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Steel Mamba
      Nasty
      • Nov 2008

I just don't see how you can go from saying that Rampage is one of your favorite fighters, showing him a ton of respect, then 5 minutes later be in his face talking all of that BS. It just seemed real fake and lame on Rashad's part, I dunno, I'm just getting tired of seeing those fake antics personally. Especially considering how people are already coining it as a "ghetto brawl" and taking the title to the streets, Rashad just fed right into that. I hope Rampage shuts his mouth in that fight.
      Last edited by Steel Mamba; 03-08-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
        umm, lol?

I dont doubt Brock has power with those canned hams he throws, but where are these KO's he has to say he has the most KO power?

He dropped Heath and did nothing for 3 rounds after that

He dropped Mir who was off balance and than got knee barred

Randy has been dropped multiple times and by LHWs

I know I'm new to this MMA thing, but to me you have to actually KO someone clean before you can say someone has the most KO power
        I thought it was a pretty fair assessment to say those brick hands translate into some extreme KO power. But I agree, he hasnt had the resume of KOs to warrant saying that. As I said, its more of just a size alone thing as to why im saying that.

And to Randy's credit, hes only been KO'd by Brock, Chuck, Ricco Rodriguez & Barnett.
        Last edited by Kuzzy Powers; 03-08-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
          I just don't see how you can go from saying that Rampage is one of your favorite fighters, showing him a ton of respect, then 5 minutes later be in his face talking all of that BS. It just seemed real fake and lame on Rashad's part, I dunno, I'm just getting tired of seeing those fake antics personally. Especially considering how people are already coining it as a "ghetto brawl" and taking the title to the streets, Rashad just fed right into that. I hope Rampage shuts his mouth in that fight.
          Lol.. its all for the hype of the fight. He was in the ring, they had a little stare down, Page said hes gonna get his belt back, so they did a little jaw-jacking. Its all in good fun.. you even heard Rampage joking that "you're going to see some black on black crime" after the trash talk. Most of these guys respect each other.. but when its fighting time you do everything to fuel the hype machine.

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

Do not fuck around with this dude on your back, lol

Aoki is a grappling machine

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUZNGy2QujM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUZNGy2QujM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Liquidrob
              Izzy is a bum
              • Feb 2009

I thought it was a pretty fair assessment to say those brick hands translate into some extreme KO power. But I agree, he hasnt had the resume of KOs to warrant saying that. As I said, its more of just a size alone thing as to why im saying that.

And to Randy's credit, hes only been KO'd by Brock, Chuck, Ricco Rodriguez & Barnett.
              Shane Carwin laughs at Brocks midget hands

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Hah. I aint gonna argue cause ive definitely been all over that Carwin bandwagon for a minute now. Having considerably larger hands than Brock Lesnar immediately makes you a freak of nature.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                  Nasty
                  • Nov 2008

Lol.. its all for the hype of the fight. He was in the ring, they had a little stare down, Page said hes gonna get his belt back, so they did a little jaw-jacking. Its all in good fun.. you even heard Rampage joking that "you're going to see some black on black crime" after the trash talk. Most of these guys respect each other.. but when its fighting time you do everything to fuel the hype machine.
                  Rampage was in the locker room asking what was wrong with Rashad. He just took it too far too soon and it came off cheesy. The crowd didn't like it, the media didn't like it, it just looked bad. I'm all for hyping a fight, but c'mon throwing mics and shit, it just wasn't remotely real.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Forgot the DREAM.7 show was this morning. Couldn't find it on HD Net, so I'm hoping they'll show it sometime soon. Thanks for the Aoki fight, Rob.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                      Rampage was in the locker room asking what was wrong with Rashad. He just took it too far too soon and it came off cheesy. The crowd didn't like it, the media didn't like it, it just looked bad. I'm all for hyping a fight, but c'mon throwing mics and shit, it just wasn't remotely real.
                      What? Unless that happened at the Press Conference and I missed it, I didnt see any mic throwing, and to be honest, Rampage was talking more shit than Rashad. Only thing Rashad really said was "ill let you throw a punch at me" or something like that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBdEU2_l-w"]YouTube - Rampage Jackson talking junk to Rashad Evans at UF 96[/ame]

More Page talking and Shad just "defending" himself. Its all in good fun. I dont really see where your coming from..

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                        Nasty
                        • Nov 2008

Rampage said "there's going to be some more black on black crime" and then threw the mic right at the end there.

Rashad is hard to hear, but he's the one talking all the smack after he was stating how much he liked Rampage just 5 minutes earlier. Calling Rampage a bitch, a motherfucker, and saying how he's going to let him get the first punch, he's keeping his hands down, shit like that. Bottom line you're trying to escape a bad image and sponsors don't like seeing that type of stuff. Whatever tho, just hopefully they end up fighting.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                          Izzy is a bum
                          • Feb 2009

best action from the UFC 96

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                            best action from the UFC 96

That was certainly an exciting moment.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                              True Blue
                              • Feb 2009

Evans - Machida still a possibility?

im a big rampage fan but machida clearly deserves a title shot more than anyone out there. i think page-rashad would be a great fight but id much rather see machida against rashad.. i guess machidas unorthodox "boring" fight style is holding him back (though he has finished fights as of recently)

edit - apparently the match has been confirmed. WAR machida!

Last edited by CrimsonGhost56; 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Herm
                                Boomshakalaka
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                                Evans - Machida still a possibility?

im a big rampage fan but machida clearly deserves a title shot more than anyone out there. i think page-rashad would be a great fight but id much rather see machida against rashad.. i guess machidas unorthodox "boring" fight style is holding him back (though he has finished fights as of recently)

edit - apparently the match has been confirmed. WAR machida!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2311141.ece
                                Nice, its the fight i wanted to see the whole time anyway

Comment

Working...