• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davie
    Hey, relax guy!
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    Too each their own, I guess.
    That's because to me, technically better football is more entertaining. If I wanted retardball I'd watch sunday league games for free.

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by davie
      That's because to me, technically better football is more entertaining. If I wanted retardball I'd watch sunday league games for free.
      'Tactical fouling' and constant diving is not for me. I think if a team like Inter Milan played in the EPL, they'd be a much stronger team in the Champions League. The BS stuff can only take you so far.

Comment

• davie
        Hey, relax guy!
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
        'Tactical fouling' and constant diving is not for me. I think if a team like Inter Milan played in the EPL, they'd be a much stronger team in the Champions League. The BS stuff can only take you so far.
        Yea, not like Milan have won the most Champions League titles.

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

Yea, not like Milan have won the most Champions League titles.
          Technically they are tied for first with Madrid (likely United soon as well) and second if you include European Cup wins prior to the CL existing

Comment

• davie
            Hey, relax guy!
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by calgaryballer
            Technically they are tied for first with Madrid (likely United soon as well) and second if you include European Cup wins prior to the CL existing
            You're right about Real Madrid being tied for first, my mistake. I forgot that the 92-93 win by the steroid-ridden, later-stripped Marseille team wasn't awarded to Milan. Although Milan have reached 6 Champions League finals - that's more than any other team during that era.

Fuck counting European Cup wins - Real won the first 5 in a row. But the winners were automatically entered into the final the next year. That's fucking shit.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

You're right about Real Madrid being tied for first, my mistake. I forgot that the 92-93 win by the steroid-ridden, later-stripped Marseille team wasn't awarded to Milan. Although Milan have reached 6 Champions League finals - that's more than any other team during that era.

Fuck counting European Cup wins - Real won the first 5 in a row. But the winners were automatically entered into the final the next year. That's fucking shit.
              Uh, except counting European Cup wins is standard, because it is the Champions League before it was the Champion's League. And the current format allows teams to enter without actually having won their league title. That's shit too.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                Tiote!
                • Mar 2009

United are champions again. And Newcastle is losing to Fulham

Comment

• calgaryballer
                  Tiote!
                  • Mar 2009

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Martins makes himself a great chance but Schwarzer stops it and then Hangelaand clears it away as it trickles to the goal line

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Someone needs to tell the announcers that Teflon is a non-stick substance, not something that helps Schwarzer catch balls. In fact, I wish his gloves were covered in Teflon

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

God fucking damnit. Carrol wins a header and Butt gets a solid shot in but Schwarzer gets his fingers on it.

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

Great now we gotta get at least a point vs Villa away

Fuck this

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                          • Feb 2009

Congrats to United and all the Mancs, I suppose.

I'm still quite torn on the possibility of Newcastle going down.

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

I saw Robson in the crowd , reminded me of the champions league days . People thought Sheppard was bad but Ashley has manged to do worse in his small time at the club it seems , my only hope is that Villa dont play to their best potential seeing as they have nothing to play for.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

Reminder, Blue Square playoff final is tomorrow. Cambridge vs Torquay. Pretty much the only non-league football you can get (I love playoff time ). The winner gets to move into the rarified air of League 2.

It should be on Setanta in Canada/US, kickoff at 9 AM MST (11 AM EST)

Comment

• davie
                                Hey, relax guy!
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                                Uh, except counting European Cup wins is standard, because it is the Champions League before it was the Champion's League. And the current format allows teams to enter without actually having won their league title. That's shit too.
                                Having more teams in the competition (because teams can qualify without winning the domestic title) will make the competition more difficult to win. Having a competition where last year's winners only have to play 1 game to win the current tournament make's it easier for them to win, since they only have to be the best team on the day, not one of the best team's in the competition.

Comment

Working...