X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
    A guy who's off to Madrid in 8 months or a washed up thug.

Decisions, Decisions.
    Hows Ben Arfa doing for...oh wait.

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased
      A guy who's off to Madrid in 8 months or a washed up thug.

Decisions, Decisions.
      I highly doubt Carragher is going to Madrid.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        Unnecessary
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
          Unnecessary
          He's taking shots at two of our legendary guys on what is supposed to be a joyous day, it was called for.

I guess I could've gone with: What was it like when Santiago Munez left for Real Madrid?

Comment

• wr50l
            Glen & CJ are secret Huns
            • Oct 2008

Seriously now, Gerrard in Madrid just on a hypothetical level ... I don't know if he'd even get on the bench.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

He's taking shots at two of our legendary guys on what is supposed to be a joyous day, it was called for.

I guess I could've gone with: What was it like when Santiago Munez left for Real Madrid?
              Munez would've been fine. Our criminally injured savior is off limits though.
              If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Maybe if he didn't fit into their style of play he wouldn't start, but based on talent, he definitely would.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                  Tiote!
                  • Mar 2009

Maybe if he didn't fit into their style of play he wouldn't start, but based on talent, he definitely would.
                  I think a Madrid 5 of Khedira, Xabi, Ronaldo, Di Maria and Ozil, with Kaka and Canales also in the squad would be pretty OK without Gerrard.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Fulham is all over Spurs this morning and they just got the goal they deserved

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

As I say that, Spurs equalizes

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                        Canales? Really? A 19 year old that has played what 32 minutes this season?

Would they be ok without Gerrard? Sure. But don't pretend that Jose, a man who has a known love of Gerrard, wouldn't take him in a heartbeat. Esp over a 19 year old.
                        Fair enough, but the point remains, the way the Madrid midfield is constructed now, I'm not sure who he beats out on 'talent'

Xabi Alonso, the man who's departure is blamed largely for the failure in any Liverpool tactics since. Not sure you can put Gerrard over him if he was the key to the second place team

Sami Khedira - the defensive midfielder, a person who understands his tactical responsibility and will stay home. Don't think we can put Gerrard here.

Ronaldo - World Player of the Year, think he's safe

Ozil - His performances for Germany dwarf anything that Gerrard has done in an England shirt for years. Against Turkey just a week ago he scored one and assisted another. Meanwhile Gerrard was launching Hollywood balls against Montenegro

Angel di Maria - a winger in this system, as we've seen in the past both for Liverpool and England, putting Gerrard on the wing reduces width and he ends up infringing on the centre midfielders territory

Then you have Kaka, another World Player of the Year. Yes he may be out of form, but the same argument can be launched at Gerrard

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Hey it could be worse....At least your team doesnt enjoy throwing leads away in the most creative ways possible. Un fucking real....Dont even know what to say right now, sooo speechless i cant even rant about anything. I dont know what this team is. They showed no fight today. Fucking fucks

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
                            Hey it could be worse....At least your team doesnt enjoy throwing leads away in the most creative ways possible. Un fucking real....Dont even know what to say right now, sooo speechless i cant even rant about anything. I dont know what this team is. They showed no fight today. Fucking fucks
                            Nah we just like to give up a goal or 2 in the first half and then try and come back in the 2nd half which doesn't really work.

Oh and Gerrard isn't really out of form. Let me know how much success anyone would have playing with Poulsen next to you and a chronically injured striker in front of you. Soccer is one of the most team orientated games out there.

Comment

• citizenerased
                              Rugby World Cup Champion
                              • Mar 2009

About the same as Torres will be in 2 or 3 weeks when he has annual November breakdown.

I got his left calf in the office pool.
                              Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                                I Can Score Goals
                                • Dec 2008

Excellent, found a stream of the Celtoc match.

Comment

Working...