X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

Ryan Giggs = PFA Player of the Year

How depressing a notion that is. 12 starts is apparently enough for the award.

Gotta say, this was a shame of an award

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
      With all due respect, I think you need a bigger TV or a new set of glasses. Direction of the ball changed about 120degrees because of the goalie's touch.

Howard Webb :kickballs: Tottenham Hotspur
      I didn't see the replays of it, just the full motion action. When I saw it on MOTD, I could see the deflection.

Comment

• calgaryballer
        Tiote!
        • Mar 2009

Jurgen Klinsmann got the sack after losing to Schalke on the weekend

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
          Jurgen Klinsmann got the sack after losing to Schalke on the weekend
          Stupid Swabian. Maybe this joker will have some free time and coach the US National team now.

Comment

• calgaryballer
            Tiote!
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
            Stupid Swabian. Maybe this joker will have some free time and coach the US National team now.
            If only he could have brought Joachim Low with him to Bayern, the real brains behind Germany 06

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Bayern have really lacked in quality this year. They probably have the outright quality to dominate the Bundesliga, but I don't know that its going to be so easy as it once was. And they are still missing pieces, even with the players they do have. Mark van Bommell is not Michael Ballack. Michael Rensing is not Oliver Kahn. Bayern's attack isn't really more impressive than the likes of Wolfsburg or Bremen, despite players like Ribery and Klose. And the defense is no longer really elite either. One only has to look at the Barcelona-Bayern Champions League clash to see the difference in quality.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                Bayern have really lacked in quality this year. They probably have the outright quality to dominate the Bundesliga, but I don't know that its going to be so easy as it once was. And they are still missing pieces, even with the players they do have. Mark van Bommell is not Michael Ballack. Michael Rensing is not Oliver Kahn. Bayern's attack isn't really more impressive than the likes of Wolfsburg or Bremen, despite players like Ribery and Klose. And the defense is no longer really elite either. One only has to look at the Barcelona-Bayern Champions League clash to see the difference in quality.
                I think Bayern's defense has been the culprit. The goalkeeping hasn't been good, and Lahm is the only defensive player of note. Lucio has long been overrated, Christian Lell is average at best, and the fact that Oddo is getting consistent playing time is a joke.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                  Tiote!
                  • Mar 2009

Newcastle is continuing to look dire against Pompey.

Pretty soon its going to be

time from the Premier League

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

The only plus side of getting a point is it puts us level with Boro on points and three back from Hull. We have a better GD than both of them.

That is the only positive. I need Sunderland to start shipping goals soon too. I love derby atmosphere of Newcastle-Sunderland-Middlebrough, but if its us or them, I'll be happy being the only north-east team left in the Prem

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

Some worrying comments after the match

From BBC Radio 5 Live's Steve Stone: "Newcastle probably need to do better than that. The worrying thing for Alan Shearer is that his team really tired with half an hour to go."
                      Hey guys, your only playing for your Premiership survival, but you can take it easy in training.

And NUFC still haven't won at the fortress that is supposed to be St James in 2009.

Where is BigHouse? I need a fellow NUFC fan around to be depressed with me

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Scud
                        Newcastle can't go.. I seriously root for them behind my Arsenal.

Also, I didn't realize BRovers got out of relegation territory. Haven't been following them.
                        Yeah, Fat Sam has got them enough points that they are probably safe. Stupid Fat Fucker. West Brom are done, so it's down to Boro, NUFC, Hull and Sunderland IMO

Comment

• wr50l
                          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                          • Oct 2008

I'm thinking Newcastle and Hull. I actually started to see Hull as likely relegation candidates after an interview with their manager just after a game with Arsenal I believe. He came out to the media and was so negative about his team. His comments about the financial gap between Hull and Arsenal went past the line of consolation to what I thought was a sign of resignation. And obviously if the manager doesn't believe the team is in the shit. Still, it's amazing what the last two or three weeks do to teams chasing relegation and they could of course find the crucial points although I'm not expecting it.

Newcastle seem to just be clueless and talentless in just about every aspect both on and off the field.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                            Tiote!
                            • Mar 2009

Phil Brown went from having everyone's respect at the start of the season, to becoming Sam Allardyce v2. I can't stand the guy now. I hope his shit team gets relegated

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

Howard Webb will ref the Championship this week. Justifably so.

Barca drew with Chelsea 0-0. I'd of liked to see Barca score, but I think they can score one or two at he Bridge

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

So I didn't get to watch any of the match today, but Barcelona had more than 70% possession through the match. And didn't create much in the way of chances. All things said, a scoreless draw has to be considered to be in Chelsea's favor with the second leg back in London.

Comment

Working...