X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-men
    Posts too much
    • Nov 2011

the should definitely look back on this game as a learning experience because most teams dont get the chance to go up against both brazil and spain in the same type of pressure situation. its a shame they couldnt hold on in the end, but they played one of the best first halves that the US has played in a very long time.

Comment

• G-men
      Posts too much
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Quikksand
      USA should be proud, they never made it this far, they were close to winning it all.

Tough defeat for the US!
      yeah i know that they have never won an international event but have they ever been in a final like this before?

Comment

• calgaryballer
        Tiote!
        • Mar 2009

This was their first FIFA final. And they still finish the tournament with a record of 2-3.

They put in a great effort in the first half of this match and the first half of the Spain match. The difference between the two was that in this match Howard wasn't able to play the hero as he did against Spain.

It is crazy how similar the two matches were. The US got out early in both and were able to counter attack their way to a lead. Spain had 19 shots and couldn't finish any of them. This time, Brazil has 31 and is able to bury three.

I come away from the tourney not really knowing much more about US football. This almost seems to be the peak of their abilities right now. I'd compare them to a team like last seasons Portsmouth (in the FA Cup run). They aren't the best team in the competition, but they will work hard, stay organized, and bury the chances presented to them. At the same time, their lack of top line technical skill always leaves them vulnerable to being exposed by the really great teams

Comment

• Bmore
          The True Free-Man
          • Oct 2008

i missed the game but heard we played well.

Comment

• T.Dot
            A Real RockNRolla
            • Nov 2008

Tim Howard has arguably but himself on the shortlist of the worlds best keepers after his performance in this tournament plus his spectacular play for Everton this year

Comment

• Rylo
              Corpse Disgracer
              • Oct 2008

Man I am starting to get into soccer as of maybe a year ago. Starting to really follow it as well.

Good run by the USA, but couldn't hold on.

Comment

• Archer
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
                ^^ leave it to Newcastle
                What exactly do you know about Newcastle?

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by archer2k407
                  What exactly do you know about Newcastle?
                  that the team is a bunch of inconsistent over payed foreigners who dont give a shit about winning and if they utilized half the talent they had would be at the top of the Premier League but are now instead in the Coke league, thats what I know.

Thanks

Comment

• Archer
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

that the team is a bunch of inconsistent over payed foreigners who dont give a shit about winning and if they utilized half the talent they had would be at the top of the Premier League but are now instead in the Coke league, thats what I know.

Thanks
                    Michael Owen was/is our biggest overpayed faggot and hes from England so that is gone . And lol @ top of the league , we are low mid table at best ... people need to wake up and realize how bad our team sucks . We have one Leftback on the whole team and he is always injured . We were also very consistent last season , at sucking .

Some of the clubs biggest problems came from English players and the backroom staff.

Barton/Owen/How bad Nolan was after being signed/Ashley sacking Keegan

We actually have a pretty big british base when you look at the team btw

Stick to what you know about instead of making shitty comments
                    Last edited by Archer; 06-28-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• T.Dot
                      A Real RockNRolla
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by archer2k407
                      Michael Owen was/is our biggest overpayed faggot and hes from England so that is gone . And lol @ top of the league , we are low mid table at best ... people need to wake up and realize how bad our team sucks . We have one Leftback on the whole team and he is always injured . We were also very consistent last season , at sucking .

Some of the clubs biggest problems came from English players and the backroom staff.

Barton/Owen/How bad Nolan was after being signed/Ashley sacking Keegan

We actually have a pretty big british base when you look at the team btw

Stick to what you know about instead of making shitty comments
                      I understand that you're trying to 'show' me up for talking about your home city team but did I really warrant this for commenting on how ugly the Newcastle uniforms are?
                      My comment simply meant that management has just made a string of bad decisions bringing in washed up players (Duff, Owen, Mark Viduka), thugs (Barton) and guys who never really played well (Nolan, Geremi, Butt), I think that this team has the talent if they mesched well to be top of the table, look at Everton and Fulham, teams that have comparable talent and put it all together

don't get all butthurt about me talking about your home town team, I wouldnt give a shit if you talked about the Jays or Raptors

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

I understand that you're trying to 'show' me up for talking about your home city team but did I really warrant this for commenting on how ugly the Newcastle uniforms are?
                        My comment simply meant that management has just made a string of bad decisions bringing in washed up players (Duff, Owen, Mark Viduka), thugs (Barton) and guys who never really played well (Nolan, Geremi, Butt), I think that this team has the talent if they mesched well to be top of the table, look at Everton and Fulham, teams that have comparable talent and put it all together

don't get all butthurt about me talking about your home town team, I wouldnt give a shit if you talked about the Jays or Raptors
                        Lol most of your opinions are ok , i just get upset easily about Newcastle because tons of non fans have an opinion about what we should do around here.

My bad

And i really dont think so , Fulham and Everton have depth which we have none of . Ramage and Edgar as backups? I mean seriously

Comment

• G-men
                          Posts too much
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Rylo
                          Man I am starting to get into soccer as of maybe a year ago. Starting to really follow it as well.

Good run by the USA, but couldn't hold on.
                          same here ive never been so interested by USA soccer before this tournament.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                            ...is amazing.
                            • Feb 2009

International soccer is awesome. I'm just as into a US soccer game as I am into a Virginia Tech football game.

If I could see the Premier league on anything but the Fox Soccer Channel, I would do a better job at following it. Soccer is just as exciting as any other sport.

As for the game today, that early goal in the second half seemed to take all the confidence out of the team. When USA is playing with confidence, they can seemingly compete with the best in the world. Wins against the best will be few and far between, but they will still play them tough.

Less than a year to the World Cup, yes?

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                              International soccer is awesome. I'm just as into a US soccer game as I am into a Virginia Tech football game.

If I could see the Premier league on anything but the Fox Soccer Channel, I would do a better job at following it. Soccer is just as exciting as any other sport.

As for the game today, that early goal in the second half seemed to take all the confidence out of the team. When USA is playing with confidence, they can seemingly compete with the best in the world. Wins against the best will be few and far between, but they will still play them tough.

Less than a year to the World Cup, yes?
                              Yes

Comment

• Archer
                                Go the fuck outside
                                • Oct 2008

I dont know where others stand on this subject but I MUCH prefer club football (soccer) to International . Apart from the major tournements that is

So boring to watch England v Andorra compared to a premiership , la liga , bundesliga match

Comment

Working...