X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • citizenerased
    Rugby World Cup Champion
    • Mar 2009

Depends - if the Fatman doesn't sell up as soon as we get promoted we'll be right back here in 18 months time and become a yo-yo club like the Mackems and Citeh used to be.

Might even make a run at Derby's points record next season if Hughton is still in charge.
    Last edited by citizenerased; 12-23-2009, 02:48 PM.
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased
      Depends - if the Fatman doesn't sell up as soon as we get promoted we'll be right back here in 18 months time and become a yo-yo club like the Mackems and Citeh used to be.

Might even make a run at Derby's points record next season if Hughton is still in charge.
      I would like to think that he will sell up . Aslong as he doesn't mess with shit in January I will be happy ... all the news on the local call-in shows have been about how we might be selling Taylor and Enrique

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

Considering they're easily our two best players, let alone defenders, that be awful.

I'm trying not to think of the future past us winning the league to avoid being so gloomy.
        Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

Whatever, I am just hoping for a trophy this year. If we finish 17th next year, fuck it, some new silverware is more than we've had since I've been alive

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by calgaryballer
            Whatever, I am just hoping for a trophy this year. If we finish 17th next year, fuck it, some new silverware is more than we've had since I've been alive
            It's pretty sad that like 60,000 of us lined the streets for the FA CUP Final losing teams back in the day . Everybody was just proud that we made it so far and it was all in good fun

Those were the days . I'd like the chance to do that again (or something similar) even if it's only for the championship lol
            Last edited by Archer; 12-24-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Archer
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouse
              Considering they're easily our two best players, let alone defenders, that be awful.

I'm trying not to think of the future past us winning the league to avoid being so gloomy.
              Yeah . Ashley is already hated .... if he pulled that he would get killed on the spot probably lol.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Archer
                Yeah . Ashley is already hated .... if he pulled that he would get killed on the spot probably lol.
                Within seconds of it going down.

He's a fat cunt, as is Llambas, minus fat.

Comment

• citizenerased
                  Rugby World Cup Champion
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                  *Ahem*

Fuck the Champions League - we got a motherfucking CERTIFICATE.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

If only they still ran the Anglo-Italian Cup, we could totally take that!

Comment

• davie
                      Hey, relax guy!
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                      Ill say this with caution knowing what your response will be but here we gooooo......

Tevez, Robinho, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Ade, Wright-Phillips

L O L

I couldn't take the players bolded seriously when thinking of them as good/prolific goal scorers.

Good thing you covered your back by just calling them goal scorers, because they all have, somehow, scored goals. The best PremierLeague goalscoring record out of those is Adebayor - the man who only ever makes me think of easy tap-ins being missed at the end of Arsenal moves. He had one season for Arsenal where he was decent 10 goals, 26 games, and one where he did very well (must have actually found a way to place the ball from >6 yards with no keeper) scoring 24 goals in 36 games.

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Davie....Tevez can start anywhere in Italy.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Britrock
                          I need to watch more Newcastle matches if Enrique is one of our best defenders. He was terrible on Sunday, he'd get ripped apart by Premier League wingers on that display.
                          Guy's been all over the place for us. Pretty poor going forward but he's almost always in position and plays the ball extremely well.

Comment

• citizenerased
                            Rugby World Cup Champion
                            • Mar 2009

Can whip in a good cross though, and is still reasonably young, don't think he's even 23 yet - still plenty of time for a decent manager to tap into his potential (hopefully that decent manager is with us).

Still remember that rocket shot against Portsmouth he took last year in the game we won 3-0, don't know why he doesn't try to take a couple more of those kind of shots every now and then, especially at this level.

Comment

• davie
                              Hey, relax guy!
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                              Davie....Tevez can start anywhere in Italy.
                              Traditionally Italian teams would rather have a striker do nothing all game and score 1 goal rather than someone who works hard and scores less. I agree with their logic, look at Filippo Inzaghi - other than score goals what does he do?

Give me an Inzaghi over a Tevez anytime. But yea the lower Serie A teams with worse bag of shit, non-goalscorers than Tevez, they'd start him.
                              Last edited by davie; 12-29-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Bmore
                                The True Free-Man
                                • Oct 2008

Watched the Man Utd. vs. Hull game yesterday to see my boy Altidore play. Pretty decent game for him, He drew the penalty in the box and had a few scoring chances and a assist chance.

Hull is to horrible overall though, I knew eventually Man Utd. would turn up the heat.

Comment

Working...