X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigHouseUSA
    Late to the party.
    • Jun 2009

Had Lille not scored, I would expect Liverpool to squeak by with some 1-0 win at Anfield, not so sure now. They just look totally uninspired.
    Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

Another for loss for Liverpool. Although I did read Lille has only lost once at home this season and has scored in 20 of their last 21 games. Still though would've been nice to see Liverpool get an away goal.

Also, I think the problem with Gerrard is age. Bighouse, myself and another friend were discussing this last night and we all agreed that Gerrard may just not be the player he once was. However its hard to accept when basically the guy who is Liverpool through and through and my favorite player is on the downhill part of his career. I hope I'm wrong and Gerrard bounces back next season, but it seems unlikely.
      He's only 29 years old. I refuse to believe he's on the decline. Midfielders play their best in their late 20s to early 30s. Liverpool's entire squad is simply in dire need of a new manager.

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
        He's only 29 years old. I refuse to believe he's on the decline. Midfielders play their best in their late 20s to early 30s. Liverpool's entire squad is simply in dire need of a new manager.
        Although I agree that there is a chance that Gerrard's best days are behind him, a problem I have is that I have no idea what Rafa is asking Gerrard to do. It seems like every game Gerrard is playing a new role. I think this year Gerrard isn't as active as he has been in the past, but its hard to say what the deal is. I would rather have Gerrard sit back and just pass the ball to people upfield, but it appears he is on the front-line looking to cherry-pick.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
          Although I agree that there is a chance that Gerrard's best days are behind him, a problem I have is that I have no idea what Rafa is asking Gerrard to do. It seems like every game Gerrard is playing a new role. I think this year Gerrard isn't as active as he has been in the past, but its hard to say what the deal is. I would rather have Gerrard sit back and just pass the ball to people upfield, but it appears he is on the front-line looking to cherry-pick.
          An article I read was talking about how Gerrard isn't playing as well because he doesn't have Xabi Alonso behind. Alonso was the guy who could sit back and pass the ball while Gerrard was free to go on the attack whenever he wanted to. Gerrard seems most comfortable in the attacking role rather than as the guy trying to sit back and pass it up.

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

I think it's a mixture of Rafa playing him in a million different positions and changing his role every week. Alonso leaving does hurt him a little but it's not like he wasn't a good player before him, plus even his England form is down this year. All players need consistency especially your star players.

For the record [Heels] Aquilani had a serious knee injury when he came over that was supposed to keep him out till November but he came back alot later than expected. Then when he finally came back they said his overall fitness isin't good enough to be playing in the EPL. Just one big fail all around on that one from Rafa

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

Tottenham should've buried this game long ago.

A few good games coming up now, Wolsburg/Mönchengladbach (yes, I copied that), and Everton/Birmingham. Of course I'll be watching Newcastle/Boro though.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                Tiote!
                • Mar 2009

Great goal by Lovenkrands after a beautiful pass from Jonas

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                  Late to the party.
                  • Jun 2009

Not surprised Boro leveled, we haven't looked too good. Should be a good second half, Forest down 3-1 and West Brom at 1-1 too.

Comment

• Pitty
                    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                    • Feb 2009

Sounders FC.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                      The Greatest
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
                      Sounders FC.
                      Fuck yeah. Can't wait for the season opener.

[youtube]r6Ml9RwnjL0[/youtube]

Ignore the stupid bitch in the front who's not doing shit.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                        Late to the party.
                        • Jun 2009

Hopefully there is an opener. I'm pretty excited to watch it, but it continues to loom with no deal.

Not a bad result for Newcastle considering how poor they played, a big stretch coming for them, the end of the month will really give us a good idea at what's going to happen.

Comment

• Tearz49ers
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                          Fuck yeah. Can't wait for the season opener.

[youtube]r6Ml9RwnjL0[/youtube]

Ignore the stupid bitch in the front who's not doing shit.
                          Great atmosphere but what a really gay song! It's almost as bad as that song Liverpool stole from Celtic "You will never walk alone"

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                            Late to the party.
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Tearz49ers
                            Great atmosphere but what a really gay song! It's almost as bad as that song Liverpool stole from Celtic "You will never walk alone"
                            Mike O'Keefe?

Comment

• Diivox
                              It's the other way.
                              • Apr 2009

i feel bad for beckham snapping his acl. the only really negative thing you could say about him is that he loves the spotlight. and so what? hes famous. hes rich beyond my wildest dreams.he bangs a smokin hot broad half of us spent our childhood beating the meat to.

.............wait i dont feel bad for beckham at all

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                                Posts too much
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tearz49ers
                                Actually we had it first.

Comment

Working...