X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Im still waiting to be saved from Boreton.

You guys are impossible to please. His mediocre return program outweighs everything else great he did afterwards? Tell me the guy who's been consistantly more entertaining than Jericho the last two years.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      Im still waiting to be saved from Boreton.

You guys are impossible to please. His mediocre return program outweighs everything else great he did afterwards? Tell me the guy who's been consistantly more entertaining than Jericho the last two years.
      You are missing the point.

I said when he was gone...no one cared (and really, its true)...and when he came back...no one cares (its true...his comeback sucked...it wasn't until his feud with HBK when he became good.

This isn't a bash Jericho post...he does great work...I'm just saying when he was gone, he wasn't really missed and upon his return, it wasn't a big deal.

I actually think his work in WCW and his first stint in the WWE was better than current Jericho, but current Jericho is watered down. The man has legitimate talent and is a fave of mine...just saying.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

We will have to agree to disagree, because I think you are way off base.

When he was gone, there were constant rumours of his return, to both TNA & WWE. People wanted him back. He was the talk of the wresting world for months when he finally decided to come back, and they did the "Save Us" buildup. The payoff fell flat, but the next two years were nothing short of brilliant, and the best period of his career, IMO. The impossible to please hardcores even voted him Wrestler Of The Year in both '08 & '09.

To each his own.

Comment

• IamMedellin
          Everything Burns...
          • Nov 2008

Highlights from WGTT Vs. Kings Of Wrestling
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0lnMF_2hPI[/ame]

wish I could find the whole match

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Charlie Hass is a machine, what an absolute waste of talent the last 5 years.

Shelton I dont feel as bad about, he was given chances, but stopped giving a shit when it became clear he would never be pushed. But Haas was never given a chance.

I havent seen the entire match yet, but every review says it's fantastic.

Comment

• IamMedellin
              Everything Burns...
              • Nov 2008

WHY THE fuk is John Morrison involved in the Miz/bryan match at HIAC?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Season 4 NXT Winner: Seth Rollins

They should have flipped his name like they did with Bryan Daniel(son), and called him Black Tyler. He could have done a wigger gimmick and acted like a cross between Akeem & early John Cena.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

In an article from Sky Sports magazine entitled 15 Classic Sporting Showdowns, Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt Slaughter from WrestleMania VII was fifteenth and this is a direct quote: “They met at WrestleMania VII in an event tag-lined as ‘Stars and Stripes Forever’, one of the best match-ups professional wrestling has seen for a while”.
                  ok

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                    Formerly ravensownall17
                    • Feb 2009

In something absolutely nobody in the world could have predicted, Paul Bearer turns on Taker and Kane retains.

"Masked assailants" cost Cena the match.

Orton retains.

So predictable. It's no wonder the ratings are plummeting.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                      In something absolutely nobody in the world could have predicted, Paul Bearer turns on Taker and Kane retains.

"Masked assailants" cost Cena the match.

Orton retains.

So predictable. It's no wonder the ratings are plummeting.
                      Uncle Vince's WWEPG is killing the product but since he has no competition, it doesn't matter to him.

TNA is nothing, Chikara and ROH are indies and no one knows that there's actual wrestling outside of the US unless they actively seek it out or live in another country.

If we still had TV-MA, you can damn sure bet Super Cena would have merked Nexus by now and murdered anyone who would have tried for his belt.

Orton would be in jail for going beyond his "Crazy Orton" gimmick right now (he would have punted Stephanie McMahon instead of just kissing her after the RKO).

Edge would have been trolling NXT 3 for some new pussy.

But hey, that's what owning old tapes and bitching about the "good old days" is all about now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

There are alternatives.

-TNA if you are into self induced torture.

-ROH if you have HDNet, plus every episode is uploaded on YouTube by user ROHBrazil. iPPV's several times per year.

-Dragon Gate USA has DVD's available of every event (they only do 4-6 per year), and will soon be on iPPV.

-AAA on Galavision.

-Dragon Gate Infinity weekly episodes show up on the internet 2 or 3 days after they air in Japan. PM me on how to find them, it isnt a big secret or very hard to find.

-New Japan has an official YouTube channel with hundreds of matches. COnstantly updated.

-Pro Wrestling NOAH videos can easily be found on YouTube, usually just days after the matches take place. They also sell official english language U.S. DVD's at their english language website from their Hawaii office.

-Lucha Libre USA airs on MTV2, but will probably be cancelled soon. Stars include Carlito, David & Reid Flair, Marco Corleone (Mark Jindrak), and many other recognizable stars from the US & Mexico.

There is plenty of wrestling all over the world to suit every taste. Some good, some great, some bad, some awesomely bad. Liberate yourself from the WWE, I did. If you hate bad wrestling, stop investing time in it. And more importantly, stop investing money in it. There is no reason to stop selling shit if people keep buying it.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

The only thing W2B, I have issues jumping into Mexico/Japan matches cold without knowing if there's a story behind the match, the wrestlers, etc.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

My suggestion for Japan would be to wait for a tournament, and jump in at that point. There are constantly tournaments going on. I suggest a junior tournament of some type, but that's just the style of wrestling I prefer.

The NOAH NTV Cup Jr Tag Tourney is starting up soon. Or wait for the New Japan Super J Cup or Best of the Super Juniors. Or the G-1 Climax. Or the All Japan Carnival. Whatever.

Or just go back and watch old ones. Chances are you have no clue who won. I would suggest the 2007 NOAH Junior Tag. It was fucking fantastic. Or any New Japan Best Of The Super Juniors. Go to Wikipedia and find a lineup that you like, and youtube the fuck out of it.

Or you can just hop on youtube, and start bouncing around. You will find shit you like. Hit up my Top 100 thread, and watch some of the matches I posted. Then surf. You might be pleasantly surpirsed. I find shit every day, where I say to myself, why the fuck wasnt I paying attention to this??

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

W2B...

I really want to get back into ROH, but don't have HDNet...

I want to go back and play some catch up.

Help me find a channel to watch maybe the last...year...of ROH. Also, is there a website that streams the 9 and 11 shows live?

Help a brotha out.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                                4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                W2B...

I really want to get back into ROH, but don't have HDNet...

I want to go back and play some catch up.

Help me find a channel to watch maybe the last...year...of ROH. Also, is there a website that streams the 9 and 11 shows live?

Help a brotha out.
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/rohbrazil?blend=1&ob=4

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...