X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Pretty sure they had a short feud, and months later had a longer one.
    Wiki says they broke up in April and were drafted to different shows the same week.

Then they had PPV matches against each other in October and November.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

I swear Morrison and Miz had a small little program. No blow off or anything serious, though.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
        Why the E refuses to push tag teams like they did in the olden days is amazing. You would think they'd want as many potential headliners as they could make since it gives them more outlets to draw houses/merchandise/etc. Instead, they have Cena....

God forbid they get creative and not be repetitive as fuck year in, year out.

Unfortunately (not to sound crass), even after VKM passes, they've sucked all the creativity out of the booking that nothing will change in that regard.
        Booking structure needs to change. Hollywood screenwriters writing for "sports entertainment" has been the downfall of the product of the WWE.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

TNA poaches Dave Lagana from ROH.
          Thank You…

I’ve been very thankful for wrestling since 1985. If you’re reading this site, you’re like me – a fan. I would hope after having read my blogs or listened to my podcast, you know the depth I really love wrestling. From being a kid as a hobby, as a teenager as a passion, into my adulthood where it became my job, I’ve always wanted wrestling in my life. That will never change.

Ring of Honor Wrestling came into my life at a time when I didn’t know if I’d ever work in wrestling again. If it wasn’t for Dave Marquez introducing me to Adam Pearce who introduced me to Cary Silkin, I wouldn’t be typing this today. It was the confidence they put in my abilities which lead to me being hired to produce the ROH on HDNet TV show. There I got to learn an entire new skill set beyond writing from Darrell Ewalt, Andrew Simon, and Adam Swift. I got to share my passion of wrestling with Scott Ferrier and Andy Edwards on a weekly basis. I even got to help Dave Prazak endure the slapping of porpoises. I’m amazingly proud of how that show turned out over the two years.

Life is about evolving. Ring of Honor gave me the opportunity to learn an amazing new skill set – social media. I’ve had an amazing time engaging wrestling fans over the last two years via Facebook and Twitter for the company. Every message sent, I read, every question that could be answered was. Wrestling fans have an amazing passion and varying opinions. That discussion is what fuels this business and what I find great about social media. Companies can talk about “getting in the conversation” but if you’re not in the conversation yourself, you’re simply broadcasting and not engaging.

Ring of Honor Wrestling under the ownership of Sinclair Broadcasting is the right step forward for pro wrestling. Joe Koff is an amazing businessman and salesman to lead the business end of the company into the future. Gary Juster will be bring ROH to new cities and great venues. I’m proud to have worked and learned wrestling from Jim Cornette and Hunter Johnston. The future of that TV program, live events and pay per views will amaze you at how great wrestling can be. I’m proud of my three years with ROH and know that they will make you proud to be a wrestling fan.

I leave Ring of Honor Wrestling to tackle new challenges. I’ve accepted a position as Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling. My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show. I’m excited to see what the future holds and thank everyone for the support over not only the last nine months of this site but through my entire career.

Sincerely,

David Lagana
          @Lagana

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

From Alvarez lmao

-- Hogan was on Boomer & Carton on WFAN in New York today. He plugged TNA over and over, like never before. Best gems were: A) He used to fight in Pride in the late 70s because New Japan was affiliated with Pride and would send its guys there. B) People talk about the Shea Stadium show, but in the South, he was selling out baseball stadiums all the time before the Shea Stadium show.

Jesus, he really does say he wrestled Pride guys in the 70s because Pride and New Japan was affiliated back then.

holy shit

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              I swear Morrison and Miz had a small little program. No blow off or anything serious, though.
              Yes they had a few months.

I remember the big thing was who was going to be the Shawn Michaels of the feud and who was going to be the Marty Jannetty. That's how they framed it. To just about everyones surprise 2-3 years later, Morrison is the Jannetty. Crazy in hindsight.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-Hogan claimed he sold out "every night" for 20 years from the late 70's until the late 90's

-Hogan claimed he wrestled in Japan for twenty years and sold out the Tokyo Dome for twenty straight years

-Hogan claims he passed on the script to 'The Wrestler' "four or five" times

-Hogan claims 'The Wrestler' isn't accurate, and his buddies that are past their prime make "$4-$5,000 per weekend" working armories

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

Hogan claiming to be a part of PRIDE.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Hogan has crossed over into full-on delusion territory, apparently. There is typical self-hype and all that, but creating shit like that... wow...

Comment

• Liquidrob
                      Izzy is a bum
                      • Feb 2009

Hogan has a win over a young fedor, m1 had it taken off his record and ruled an exhibition, but we all know hogan won that night
                      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                        Formerly ravensownall17
                        • Feb 2009

Since we're talking about Hogan, anyone read the "highlights" from his interview with "The Busted Open Show" (no idea what that is, but it's on Sirius)?

Hulk Hogan taped an appearance with The Busted Open show on Thursday that will air today at 3pm on Sirius Radio. When asked whether Bobby Roode is ready for to be the #1 guy in TNA – here’s what Hogan said:

“Nah, he’s not ready. He’s not the next guy. Ya’ know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He’s not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together.”

“Um, that’s what you gotta to have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya’ know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90% to do with getting over.”

“I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle’s going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He’s training for the Olympics. He’s had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I’m betting that farm on him.”

Here are some more highlights of what Hulk Hogan said about several other TNA stars and his match with Sting on Sunday:

James Storm: “I’d go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha’! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it’s a no brainer. That’s me. That’s my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode’s a tremendous athlete. I would change. I’d build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh’? I love him to death. He’s a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, “What the hell have you ever done?” I said man, this guy’d be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with’, and you gave me those two choices? That’s my opinion.”

Jeff Hardy: “If I had to bet money on anybody, and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy’s the next guy if he keeps his act together. Well, I think he’s got a lot of shine to him, I mean he just doesn’t have 5-star matches. He shines outside the ring. He walks through the mall, and people know who he is. He’s got a look, he’s got an air about him. He’s got the “IT” factor. That’s what you gotta’ have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler. This is crossing barriers, medias,, media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. And I think the kid, Jeff Hardy has the potential to really be the guy.”

AJ Styles: “It’s never too late. I mean, I just don’t know. I, when I first came in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed a couple of years ago, I had a ton of suggestions which I was kind of pushing real hard, which I thought would take him to a crazy, crazy level, and nobody responded. So, I don’t know at this point. I have my ideas, but a lot of things that I believe in, and what I feel from the crowd, and what I know. The little I know about this business. Sometimes, it’s either taken and used, or used and it doesn’t work, or it’s not used at all. So, it’s just..it’s my opinion. I don’t know at this point.”
                        Hogan 'ing the TNA fanbase again. He has completely lost whatever little grip on reality he had left...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Jeff Hardy is the "next guy", despite peaking in popularity four years ago and already having a run as the "next guy" before flushing it down the toilet.

Oh, and way to bury Roode (even though I happen to agree 100%, Roode is mid card for life. Dude is dry like the desert).

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Is TNA really running the peak of there worst product to date in philly? I may watch this (stream) just for the fans

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

If it's not a good show Philly fans are going to absolutely openly shit on it.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                                Formerly ravensownall17
                                • Feb 2009

Does anyone really go to a TNA event these days expecting good wrestling? lol.

Comment

Working...