X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
    Fun match, Biss. interesting concept - I have to imagine the ladies loved the idea. I was also disappointed when the actual wrestling broke out. Good work on commentary - your color guy was quite funny too.
    Gary J hes quite the worker too, if he ever retires me and him will be the full time team

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Watched the 2nd round of the NJPW Cup. First of all, MVP looks slow and besides a few more snug moves, is more or less doing the same stuff he did in WWE four or five years ago. Has his overall run in Japan been better than I'm giving him credit for?

I lol'd at the fans chanting "AND-ER-SON" for Karl in his match with Nakamura was a good one.

Goto over Sombra. Makabe over Suzuki and Tanahashi over Naito. The Tanahashi/Naito match was a mix of mat based stuff early and then more aerial stuff late. Does Tanahashi always go for a million frog splash's in his matches? I counted 5, he missed at least 2 of them lol. I was pulling for Naito after his great match with Kojima in the first round, but he took the fall.

So it's Tanahashi, Goto, Makabe and Anderson in the semis from yesterday. Waiting for them to pop up.

BTW, who is the Tiger Mask going in NJPW now? He was delivering some hard as hell kicks in a six man on the show while Takayama looks sooooo old he can barely move.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Pretty sure its TMIV that is still in New Japan at this point. Same guy who's been doing it in NJPW for the past 10-15 years.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Watched the 2nd round of the NJPW Cup. First of all, MVP looks slow and besides a few more snug moves, is more or less doing the same stuff he did in WWE four or five years ago. Has his overall run in Japan been better than I'm giving him credit for?

I lol'd at the fans chanting "AND-ER-SON" for Karl in his match with Nakamura was a good one.

Goto over Sombra. Makabe over Suzuki and Tanahashi over Naito. The Tanahashi/Naito match was a mix of mat based stuff early and then more aerial stuff late. Does Tanahashi always go for a million frog splash's in his matches? I counted 5, he missed at least 2 of them lol. I was pulling for Naito after his great match with Kojima in the first round, but he took the fall.

So it's Tanahashi, Goto, Makabe and Anderson in the semis from yesterday. Waiting for them to pop up.

BTW, who is the Tiger Mask going in NJPW now? He was delivering some hard as hell kicks in a six man on the show while Takayama looks sooooo old he can barely move.
          MVP's New Japan run has been bad.

I thought he would really excel in Japan since he's such a puro mark, but he's worked a total sports entertainment style and has not gotten over. It's pretty funny when he does the ballin' elbow and like four people bother to say "ballin!". Anyway, he isnt even full time anymore, he works like every third tour.

And yes, that's still Tiger Mask IV, and yes, he still sucks. Minowaman was supposed to be V, but he never debuted and I think the idea is dead.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

So my New Japan set has the full match from '87 where Akira Maeda viciously shoot kicks Riki Choshu in the face and breaks his orbital socket in a 8-man tag match. I've seen the moment before, but not the whole match. It seems to be a fan-cam but its watchable. Random, but given that was it was one "those" moments in Japanese wrestling history, I thought it was pretty fucking cool.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

From the Observer
              Several indie groups have booked the Meadowlands Convention Center in East Rutherford, NJ, for shows over WrestleMania weekend next year. Dragon Gate USA, Combat Zone Wrestling, Evolve and CHIKARA have all scheduled shows, and ROH will likely be running two shows in the area as well .

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWjqdSmtoWQ"]WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan rides the elevator with Dave Taylor, Yes! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper is gonna be on Smackdown tonight with Bryan Danielson LIVE at 8/7 cst...

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

GREAT Piper's Pit....

Piper is Still one of the Best, AJ is the onl diva who can act, n AmDrag is The Best Heel in the WWE right now...

2 weeks of Brock/Cena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> year's worth of Rock/Cena

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                      aka Reece
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

Scott Hall can't NOT stay out trouble for less than a year... fuckin' hell, Razor.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

A few updates from FCW...

I'd like to wish Husky Rotundo the best in all his future endeavors...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07XrroeVpM"]Levi Wyatt's ''Im No White Trash'' promo! - YouTube[/ame]

Fuckin Claudio...little fist pump machine guns...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jaC_Ine34E&feature=channel"]FCW's 2nd Match Of The Night: FCW 4/8/12: Richie Steamboat vs Mr.Antonio Cesaro II Highlights! - YouTube[/ame]

I do not dig the name "Kassius Ohno" awful...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3257zQi6gI"]Kassius Ohno's ''Bashes and Gashes'' promo! - YouTube[/ame]

Awkward promo...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1X3kcg2ri8&list=UUSelMbKd10P2bJAmnFOjHwA& index=19&feature=plcp"]Seth Rollins's ''Champion'' promo! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• SHOGUN
                            4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                            GREAT Piper's Pit....

Piper is Still one of the Best, AJ is the onl diva who can act, n AmDrag is The Best Heel in the WWE right now...
                            Lies. Johnny Ace is #1.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                              Lies. Johnny Ace is #1.
                              You got to hate the guy though for him to be a Top Heel.

Mr. Excitement is a fucking goofball, not Mr. McMahon-Heat worthy.

He just happens to work with other heels instead of doing dumb shit now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                                Lies. Johnny Ace is #1.
                                Biggest boos on any given night...

and

Comment

Working...