X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

The Rock promo was flat out terrible, too. He lost me about 45 seconds in. I had to turn to my friend and ask, 'wait, so is he teaming with Cena or not'? And if he hates Cena, why would he be so eager to team with him against Miz & Truth? His character has no motivation to hate Miz & Truth.

WHY AM I BREAKING DOWN A CHILDREN'S PRODUCT????

Comment

• Pills
      Go Blue!
      • Mar 2009

Evan Bourne suspended for violation of the Wellness policy.
      UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Fire him! Back to Dragon Gate!

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

My interest in the WWE product continues to wane. I doubt I'll even bother watching last night's Raw - just delete it off the PVR. There aren't really doing anything at this point that I care about. I should be hyped to see The Rock in the ring again but they're doing it in such a meh manner that its like they don't give a fuck. And if they don't, why should I?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Pills
            Evan Bourne suspended for violation of the Wellness policy.
            What in the hell would this guy be using? Marijuana?

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Apparently it was synthetic weed.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                The Rock promo was flat out terrible, too. He lost me about 45 seconds in. I had to turn to my friend and ask, 'wait, so is he teaming with Cena or not'? And if he hates Cena, why would he be so eager to team with him against Miz & Truth? His character has no motivation to hate Miz & Truth.

WHY AM I BREAKING DOWN A CHILDREN'S PRODUCT????
                That's what it is. Yesterday was the realization that they really don't want me to watch anymore...
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

I stopped watching in favor of watching Ginger Snaps.

They win.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                    What in the hell would this guy be using? Marijuana?
                    My immediate reaction was steroids. I guess not.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

I thought they just fine guys for weed.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Thought so too but apparently not.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                          No longer a noob
                          • Apr 2011

Got the Bret/Shawn dvd yesterday. Bret came off a little self-important, as per usual. Very self-aware though, talking about how he knew Shawn was going to be in his spot soon in '96. Shawn came off like a guy who knows he was a giant douche and would just rather not think about it. Didn't really know how much of it started as a work though. That US/Canada feud probably doesn't take off like it did without the personal animosity between the two being there and feuling their fantastic promos at the time. HBK was really raw (no pun intended) and at his outlandish peak, and Bret had his best year or so on the mic ever. It really was a once in a decade or generation feud because it was so ready-made. They didn't like each other, they had built-in supporters. But the heel in US/mega-face in Canada and vice versa dynamic was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in wrestling because Canada was so all-in about it. The US crowds at the time were already really, really, really hot, but Canada legit loathed HBK and Hart was damn-near a national hero. Hell, I'd buy the shit out of a DVD that just covered those Raws and PPVs around that feud. I still remember a Flag match on Raw, and I remember very little from that time of WWF, being more of a WCW guy.
                          SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

"I can smoke pot and pay the fine or drink and kill my liver"

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                              Got the Bret/Shawn dvd yesterday. Bret came off a little self-important, as per usual. Very self-aware though, talking about how he knew Shawn was going to be in his spot soon in '96. Shawn came off like a guy who knows he was a giant douche and would just rather not think about it. Didn't really know how much of it started as a work though. That US/Canada feud probably doesn't take off like it did without the personal animosity between the two being there and feuling their fantastic promos at the time. HBK was really raw (no pun intended) and at his outlandish peak, and Bret had his best year or so on the mic ever. It really was a once in a decade or generation feud because it was so ready-made. They didn't like each other, they had built-in supporters. But the heel in US/mega-face in Canada and vice versa dynamic was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in wrestling because Canada was so all-in about it. The US crowds at the time were already really, really, really hot, but Canada legit loathed HBK and Hart was damn-near a national hero. Hell, I'd buy the shit out of a DVD that just covered those Raws and PPVs around that feud. I still remember a Flag match on Raw, and I remember very little from that time of WWF, being more of a WCW guy.
                              The DVD was awesome.

Some of my favorite moments....

-Bret & Shawn going in depth about their feelings when they started in WWF about the desire for muscle bound guys. Vince's thing for the big guys pissed off the smaller guys to no end and it's never really been talked about before in WWE releases. They never talked specifically about getting on the juice (besides Shawn confirming his absence from TV in early 1994 was due to a drug test failure), but both guys did use early in their WWF runs (probably later on, too).

-Bret telling Shawn he believed his knee injury in early 1997 was a lie. Shawn said no way (and it pissed him off at the time that people thought he was bullshitting) and blamed the whole episode on a stupid doctor before getting proper advice from Dr. Andrews.

Who knows the legit story but it was sure ironic that the plan was for Shawn to return the favor to Bret at WM 13...and after doing the whole angle to get the belt back on him at Rumble...his knee is magically fucked up.

-For the most part, Shawn was really in - man, I was a stupid asshole back then mode. From allegedly telling Bret that he would only work with his friends after becoming champion to the confrontation that led to Bret's stance leading up to Montreal. According to Meltzer (who's sources would be Bret and other wrestlers), Shawn did tell him in mid-1997 that he would not be doing jobs for Bret or anyone else...which really pissed the fuck out of Bret and the locker room.

-Shawn throwing HHH under the bus because it was legitimately his idea which led to Montreal happening. Whether or not it would have happened anyway had he not been there, who knows.

-Their relationship didn't totally sour until 97ish with the worked shoot promos. Ironically, they were suppose to be working the fans and they ended up working themselves.

-The realization that they threw a ton of money down the drain by not being professionals with each other. Ie., they only had 1 match after Wrestlemania 12 and it was Survivor Series 97 (19 months later).

Some stuff was only mentioned in passing (the fight they had before a TV taping in Hartford) and other stuff not at all (Shawn and whoever screwing Bulldog over at the One Night Stand show....Bulldog was set to retain the Euro Title and he dedicated the match to his sister [think it was a sister] who was ill...night of the show the finish was changed and Shawn won.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Yeah, I liked Shawn throwing Trips under the bus and then immediately saying "not to throw Hunter under the bus...". Shawn still irks me as a guy who doesn't want to be blamed, but he's 1000% better than he was. The knee injury had to be BS though, as he was hellbent against jobbing. And the Vince/Shawn relationship was a joke. Vince saying have him come in here and say that, and then completely blowing it off is something I can easily see him doing. For a guy who is such a control freak, he really had a soft spot for ol' HBK and his antics. Much like Randy Orton used to be. I think Vince is gay for them.

And Hart has an incredible memory for a guy who ended his career with a serious concussion and then had a stroke. When he'd throw out a conversation with HBK, he'd describe it to a tee and you could almost see him picturing it exactly as if it happened 5 minutes ago.
                                SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

Working...