X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    To create some buzz, and make them look like stars?

I have no problem with hyping Kane or Undertaker returning, but jeez, it would be nice if all of this hype and speculation ended up being for someone new and gave them a head start in getting over.

I don't understand why they got away from that and insist on treating new guys like geeks from the start. Then they wonder why nobody gets over. Rmember in the 80's and 90's, every new gut got a hype video for weeks before they debuted. It created anticipation. Its up to the talent to carry the ball from there, but shit, at least they weren't starting from their own 10 on 4th down.
    They did that for Mistico and Kong, and Alberto Del Rio. Aren't they hyping up Brodus Clay, too? They do, do it more often, and word on the skreet is that is a HHH thing...he likes the ideas of the hype videos.

I'd like to see some Claudio promos, with him going around town buying scarves.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      They did that for Mistico and Kong, and Alberto Del Rio. Aren't they hyping up Brodus Clay, too? They do, do it more often, and word on the skreet is that is a HHH thing...he likes the ideas of the hype videos.

I'd like to see some Claudio promos, with him going around town buying scarves.
      Sipping Starbucks, holding his nose in the air, acting ever so slightly effeminate. It would be awesome.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

To create some buzz, and make them look like stars?

I have no problem with hyping Kane or Undertaker returning, but jeez, it would be nice if all of this hype and speculation ended up being for someone new and gave them a head start in getting over.

I don't understand why they got away from that and insist on treating new guys like geeks from the start. Then they wonder why nobody gets over. Rmember in the 80's and 90's, every new gut got a hype video for weeks before they debuted. It created anticipation. Its up to the talent to carry the ball from there, but shit, at least they weren't starting from their own 10 on 4th down.
        Like for midcarders like Golddust, Berlyn, and Glacier? WWE doesn't need to do that anymore because they don't have a midcard anymore. Their roster is broken down into Eye Candy, Main Eventers, John Cena, and Other.
        SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

We get a little mention at the start as Colt talks about the Nastys

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Sipping Starbucks, holding his nose in the air, acting ever so slightly effeminate. It would be awesome.
            I think Otunga already bootlegged this roll.

Comment

• SHOGUN
              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
              • Jul 2009

Mr. Kennedy is officially a victim of TNA Malaise. Ever since he's got lost in the shuffle story-wise, he's gotten fatter (doing the ol' wrestling with a t-shirt trick) and looks dirty as shit. Even his mic work has fallen off.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                Mr. Kennedy is officially a victim of TNA Malaise. Ever since he's got lost in the shuffle story-wise, he's gotten fatter (doing the ol' wrestling with a t-shirt trick) and looks dirty as shit. Even his mic work has fallen off.
                He was never good to begin with.

Well, I'll take that back somewhat. He was good to a degree when he got his first big break on Smackdown...then injuries fucked up his career.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

I was just thinking the other day about how Anderson fell off. They just really don't know how to try and push more than one guy at a time. And they screw that one push up too. They really just need to shut it down at this point.

Also, since mentioning Berlyn, I can't get it out of my head. Was he supposed to be a Nazi or the WCW's answer to Ivan Drago? Did he do the Alex Wright dance during this run? How much did that haircut cost? I wish WCW was still alive, I still have so many questions...
                  SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• SHOGUN
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                    He was never good to begin with.

Well, I'll take that back somewhat. He was good to a degree when he got his first big break on Smackdown...then injuries fucked up his career.
                    I really liked Anderson because he was charismatic as hell and was good on the mic. His ring work is average at best on a good day, so if he's not allowed to use his charisma he's pretty much a dud.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                      Also, since mentioning Berlyn, I can't get it out of my head. Was he supposed to be a Nazi or the WCW's answer to Ivan Drago? Did he do the Alex Wright dance during this run? How much did that haircut cost? I wish WCW was still alive, I still have so many questions...

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        • Jul 2009

I remember the Glacier hype videos. My cousin and I used to be so excited for Glacier, only for him to be on Nitro for a few weeks and then disappeared. His ring entrance was so epic at the time.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxFh4eAGSpU"]The Best Dance EVER!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zASL2KYKRQ"]WCW: Tank Abbott Displays His Singing Talent - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

@ Tank. My lawd...

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                                I remember the Glacier hype videos. My cousin and I used to be so excited for Glacier, only for him to be on Nitro for a few weeks and then disappeared. His ring entrance was so epic at the time.
                                Glacier actually had a ton of momentum coming in. Even though he was a rip-off of Sub-Zero, nobody seemed to care. And the enterance was awesome. It's a goddamn snowstorm indoors. But he sucked in the ring and it took all the wind out of his sails. If only he would have used the uppercut more, from one knee, with the blood on. And a feud with Motaro (played by Mantaur).

Also, I remember the 3 count song. What an awful, awful time in that company. They were pretty good in the ring, as were the Jung Dragons.

Comment

Working...