X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

JD, that was actually real ECW.

First episode, right out the gate...Paul Heyman says "nah, I don't want to put on original programming...we're gonna show the PPV match for free."

He just had nearly his entire roster finally go to WCW and the WWF for each companies last push to put the other one down...he had his star go down with a long injury...the man he gave the title to ended up running off to WCW with the damn belt and you basically had a bunch of ECW midcarders trying to hold the company up during a time it should have shot to the moon, all while not being paid.

It doesn't hold up to well over time.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

ECW on TNN = current ROH.

Finally get to TV, 90% of the stars are gone, watered down version of what originally made it great.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

TNN used ECW to test the water before they kicked them to the curb for WWE.

ECW had to go there, but it helped speed up their death.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

always thought ECW on HBO would have been something ... it needed to feel alittle dirty

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

I always thought ECW should have stayed on Fox Sports at 1am on a Sunday.

Hardcore TV was appointment television.

Who could forget the amazing ECW ads they had running throughout? Hardcore Hotline? I'm calling! And just think...it all was made in Paul Heyman's mom's basement lol.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Getting on national TV was the right move, it just came 3 years too late.

Same for ROH.

It's a tough deal, because by the time you convince the tv suits to put you on, the short window of being hot that these companies have are up, and the stars move on.

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

so im on a upstart show with Paul London from Dallas that will be on GFL jan. 28th. i'll try to find out more info. if any of yall want to check out some non ACW texas talent

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

I thought it was mentioned that Vince funneled money into the ECW on TNN show years ago during an episode of SmackDown.

Paul E. lost his shit, stormed out during a broadcast and then got to watch as Uncle Vince proceeded to gorilla fuck the Invasion angle to death.

I'd assume that's wrong though.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                    I thought it was mentioned that Vince funneled money into the ECW on TNN show years ago during an episode of SmackDown.

Paul E. lost his shit, stormed out during a broadcast and then got to watch as Uncle Vince proceeded to gorilla fuck the Invasion angle to death.

I'd assume that's wrong though.
                    Think you mixed some stories.

I don't know the timeline but I think Vince had ECW on his payroll as early as 1997. I'm not entirely sure of the reason why although I vaguely recall him trying to explain it on the ECW DVD as.....in the MNW, he wanted them to be able to develop guys who could eventually end up in WWE. He also would send guys down there to try new/different stuff (Al Snow, Lawler, Brakus immediately come to mind).

Pretty sure ECW was getting $$$ from WCW, too, around the same period. Of course, both companies (although WCW to a large degree) would go on to raid them.

Heyman was there from beginning to end for the invasion angle and was part of the group for years later. He didn't leave until December to Dismember, 2006 I wanna say.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Meltzer says the amount of money that Vince gave to ECW is greatly exaggerated.

The ECW bankruptcy paperwork is floating around online. I think they only owed WWE a few thousand dollars total. The idea that Vince was secretly funding ECW and keeping it alive is a fallacy.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                        • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvvuf8lmkI"]Briscoes are ready for Ring of Honor in Baltimore (Replacement) - YouTube[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                          • Jul 2009

AmDrag was hilarious tonight on Smackdown.

Mark Henry was good on commentary as well. I loved how he kept punking Cole and Matthews.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Jay Briscoe in that segment was hilarious. Are they heels?

Dragon on SD was tremendous. If they ever get him away from working Big Show and Henry, heel Bryan has the makings of a classic douchebag.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Claudio Castagnoli (as Antonio Cesaro) has started on the road with the WWE (RAW tour).

Might not mean he's being called up, because Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley worked at least one house show in December and is still in FCW as far as I know.

Comment

• BigBiss
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                Claudio Castagnoli (as Antonio Cesaro) has started on the road with the WWE (RAW tour).

Might not mean he's being called up, because Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley worked at least one house show in December and is still in FCW as far as I know.
                                can only be a good thing

Comment

Working...