X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

The official home of the latest WWE news, results and events. Get breaking news, photos, and video of your favorite WWE Superstars.

"No one is bigger than the WWE!"

*Basks in the fans cheering his name as the entire roster walks out on him*

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Apparently the Averno vs. La Sombra finals of the Champion of Champions tournament on 9/16 was a sensational match. Averno may be the best all-around heel in the business right now.
      Sorry Dave, I was months ahead of you on this one.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

One of the plans for the new year when the company gets new equipment that will allow them to tape television quality on the road, is to do what promoters like Jim Crockett, Eddie Graham, Jim Barnett, Roy Shire and Bill Watts would do, and this is tape angles and matches at the arenas to splice into the television show. The idea would be that a title change, or significant storyline could take place anywhere, not just at a taping.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is in reference to ROH, and is something that I never understood why the WWE & TNA do not do. Fans are sophisticated enough these days to know that house shows are throwaway. Make them matter, it will help them draw.

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Sorry Dave, I was months ahead of you on this one.
          Dave???
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
            Dave???
            not you. Meltzer.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Dave Meltzer
              Bound for Glory will be airing live in about 100 movie theaters around the country. I’m kind of shocked by this because of how badly it will bomb. UFC couldn’t even make the movie theater thing work and TNA wouldn’t do 10% of the business of a UFC show at a theater. First off, people don’t like to go to theaters by themselves, usually with a date or family or friends, and how many people know anyone who is a TNA fan?
              L.O.L.

Comment

• adembroski
                All-Inclusive!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                One of the plans for the new year when the company gets new equipment that will allow them to tape television quality on the road, is to do what promoters like Jim Crockett, Eddie Graham, Jim Barnett, Roy Shire and Bill Watts would do, and this is tape angles and matches at the arenas to splice into the television show. The idea would be that a title change, or significant storyline could take place anywhere, not just at a taping.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is in reference to ROH, and is something that I never understood why the WWE & TNA do not do. Fans are sophisticated enough these days to know that house shows are throwaway. Make them matter, it will help them draw.
                Didn't, way back when, I don't remember precisely, the WWF used do have a show where they'd cut to various "big" matches from different house shows? Or at least have a SNME segment doing so?
                S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
                  All-Inclusive!
                  • Feb 2009

Note to Triple H,

Your workers are your product. The fans are your consumers. When you bury... uhh... all of your product, what do you plan to sell to your consumers?

Next week on Raw! Triple H vs.... Triple H! With special guest referee, Triple H! And a four man commentary booth featuring Triple H, Triple H, Triple H, and Triple H! But hey! Four camera men didn't walk out, so there's that!

When you combine the ending of Raw with the after-show Zack Ryder segment, it really starts to feel like Trips saying, "How dare ANY of you get over on MY fucking show?!?!" This dude has just surpassed Hogan in the professional ego department (I don't care if it came from Creative, he let it happen). And the fans just buying into it made me sick. At least they were a bit torn with the Ryder attack.
                  S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Was watching some stuff on YouTube last night and came across a Kevin nash round table about the NWO/WCW. He laid the blame for the death of the WCW/NWO at Goldberg's feet because Goldberg injured his arm smashing in that limo window rather than using the baseball bat like he should have. He said the Finger Poke of Doom would not have been that big of a deal if Goldberg was around to play face and take the title back.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Whats most awful about this HHH angle, is, all of that awesomeness in the summer with CM Punk and Cena, the great promo, the 5* match, all of it was for...nothing. It was the prologue to HHH becoming this authority figure and having another McMahon v. McMahon struggle, this time, splicing in never-was Johnny Ace, for his only moment in the main event sun.

Honestly, shit is awful.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                        Was watching some stuff on YouTube last night and came across a Kevin nash round table about the NWO/WCW. He laid the blame for the death of the WCW/NWO at Goldberg's feet because Goldberg injured his arm smashing in that limo window rather than using the baseball bat like he should have. He said the Finger Poke of Doom would not have been that big of a deal if Goldberg was around to play face and take the title back.
                        Yeah, Nash was unleashing a major heap of bullshit on that roundtable.

First, Goldberg didn't fuck up his hand until many months after Nash alluded to.

The finger poke was stupid and indefensible.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by adembroski
                          Didn't, way back when, I don't remember precisely, the WWF used do have a show where they'd cut to various "big" matches from different house shows? Or at least have a SNME segment doing so?
                          Prime Time Wrestling on USA Network uses to show non jobber matches from MSG, Maple Leaf Gardens, Boston Gardens, maybe even the Cap Center in Washington DC (can't remember), basically all of the places where they taped the house shows because they had local TV deals. For example, I remember living in New Jersey, and the monthly MSG house shows were shown live on MSG Network. They would harvest matches from these shows and put it all together for Prime Time.

This not only made for great TV, but it also was a blessing historically, because now all of those matches from the house show circuits that would have been lost in history are readily available to be seen.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Jack Tuddy, Monson, JJ Dillion in WCW ... all athurity figures that were not the spot light

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                              Jack Tuddy, Monson, JJ Dillion in WCW ... all athurity figures that were not the spot light
                              Cornette does the gimmick right now, 2011.

Its almost as if the big companies wont know how to write storylines without that crutch.

Well, WWE anyway. TNA just copies whatever they do.

Comment

• adembroski
                                All-Inclusive!
                                • Feb 2009

My brief rant from the chat box on another board, might as well just post it exactly.

AJ: RoH: You can't be Indyriffic and Main Stream at the same time. Teach your guys to work, not just transition from one spot to another.

AJ: WWE: How about making the match the event instead of the "drama". Fuck your drama, simplify, stop trying to swerve everyone, and just get back to fundamental booking for a while.

AJ: TNA: Shoot Russo.

AJ: CZW: Die in a fire.
                                S.P.Q.A.

Comment

Working...