X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    Sucks big time for Barrett. Not to mention while they were working on him, one of the guys was thrown out near him and looked to have come THIS CLOSE to hitting him.

Not even close.

Cena comes off as so phony when he puts away his goofiness and tries to be serious.

His best promos were in the past, no doubt about it.
    I'm not sure what you were watching...that promo looked and felt real, fella.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

Punk dropping a Cro Cop quote

very nice

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        I'm not sure what you were watching...that promo looked and felt real, fella.
        When he makes fun of Rocky for goofing off, despite the fact Cena himself was doing the same earlier in the show.

Cena comes off like he's butthurt over Rock going to Hollywood YEARS AGO. This was what their feud was about one year ago and after everything, I figured they could come up with something else. I know, keep it simple stupid, but Cena using the same ol tired stuff is silly.

The thing that really makes it come off ridiculous....rapper Cena was back. Guess he's legit when he breaks that out.

Then Rock will be back next week and talk up a storm, making him look like a chump.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

That has ALWAYS been what the feud has been about...and Rock isn't around enough to actually progress the program. Its always been about Rock not being there, Rock taking offense to it, and Cena maintaining his position, just with both getting more heated in their promos over the course of the year.

Cena has held up pretty well over the year against Rock on Promos.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

Sucks big time for Barrett. Not to mention while they were working on him, one of the guys was thrown out near him and looked to have come THIS CLOSE to hitting him.
            I'm pretty sure Santino did hit Barrett's arm when he rolled outside the ring. He'd lost all momentum, but I'm sure that's solace that escaped Barrett when he felt more shooting pain...

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
              I'm pretty sure Santino did hit Barrett's arm when he rolled outside the ring. He'd lost all momentum, but I'm sure that's solace that escaped Barrett when he felt more shooting pain...
              Fuck. Imagine you're sitting there in a TON of pain with what's likely a broken arm...and all of a sudden a 200ish pound dude comes flying over and hits your in said arm.

Barrett must have been pissed like a mfer when he got backstage.

Wonder if Ziggler is hurt at all b/c he looked like he took a wicked bump on the corner of the table when Big Show tossed him too far.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

When he makes fun of Rocky for goofing off, despite the fact Cena himself was doing the same earlier in the show.

Cena comes off like he's butthurt over Rock going to Hollywood YEARS AGO. This was what their feud was about one year ago and after everything, I figured they could come up with something else. I know, keep it simple stupid, but Cena using the same ol tired stuff is silly.

The thing that really makes it come off ridiculous....rapper Cena was back. Guess he's legit when he breaks that out.

Then Rock will be back next week and talk up a storm, making him look like a chump.
                Larry nailed the essence of the angle perfectly, with Cena being the legit pro wrestler and Rock being the phony Hollywood guy who keeps quitting, so I wont rehash it all.

I thought that was a money promo. I was completely buying Cena for once, it seemed very genuine and real, which if it wasnt, means it was even better, because he had this crusty, jaded viewer buying what he was sellling. A+, imo.

But to the bold....I thought Rock's Survivor Series promos were the shits, so i'm curious what he comes up with next week. If its more mangina schtick and lame puberty jokes, then *yawn*. He knows he can get away with anything, so I hope he doesnt mail it in.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Its the stretch run to WrestleMania.

His stuff at Survivor Series was rushed and without focus...there was no point in it regards to progressing the program at all.

So, I, like W2B, would like to think Rock's material will be strong considering its now focused.

Cena layed the ground with a nice promo, now Rock will come back with a rebuttle. Its the same shit they talked about last year, but I think it starts to heat up now with Cena getting serious.

Cena though, does have a habit of starting serious one week and coming back the next week yucking it up.

I'd love to see Cena keep it serious and pissed off the entire time.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Cena though, does have a habit of starting serious one week and coming back the next week yucking it up.

I'd love to see Cena keep it serious and pissed off the entire time.
                    Boom. That's what pisses me off about him.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Saw this on another board...

Saw the Hell in a Cell announcement and turned on Raw. Saw the battle royal at the end.

After they killed Wade Barrett, it was obvious that they killed Wade Barrett, there were EMTs out there taking care of Wade Barrett on the frigging floor, was it vitally important to send Kofi and especially Santino sprawling out completely out of control on that side of the ring? Fucking Santino basically landed on them. They couldn't use the other three fucking sides of the ring? Is it all about the hard camera? There's no way to improvise?

Jesus Christ
                      He brings up a great point. Really careless and stupid with one (and maybe three) injured guys laying right there.

It really goes to show that these guys are so programmed to do everything for the hard camera. It's something that really annoys me about the WWE. They have cameras everywhere that can show things from virtually any angle, but everything is done facing the same fucking camera. And in this case, at the peril of three injured guys, despite a gaggle of EMT's attending to them which had to have been obvious to the guys in the ring. WTF.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

Fuck. Imagine you're sitting there in a TON of pain with what's likely a broken arm...and all of a sudden a 200ish pound dude comes flying over and hits your in said arm.

Barrett must have been pissed like a mfer when he got backstage.

Wonder if Ziggler is hurt at all b/c he looked like he took a wicked bump on the corner of the table when Big Show tossed him too far.
                        I thought Ziggler took the worst of it from first glance. But then he just seemed to be selling while Barrett screamed obscenities. I was surprised they didn't move Santino's elimination to anywhere but where Wade was getting worked on. Santino should have been more aware of where Wade was outside regardless. I'd be more furious than Cuba Gooding Jr's dad.

As Larry mentioned, Kofi looked like he landed a little awkwardly. I don't remember them having stairs on that corner anyway, what a bad time for them to be there. If anyone else got injured, I'd put money on Kofi.
                        SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

We posted at the same time.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Apparently, everyone is alright except Barrett who has a dislocated elbow.

Before RAW ended, Jericho asked the ref what happened to Wade.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                              No longer a noob
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              We posted at the same time.
                              I was already talking about it. Get your own subject, ya glory hog. I am not a nugget!
                              SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

What injury did Ron Simmons have that led him to wrestling from football, or did he just not translate well to the pro game?

Comment

Working...