• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    how is Impact tonight? I missed it
    Caught the second half of the show on Pacific time, and so far, not bad.

Usual post-Destination X shenanigans with Roode/Aries that will lead to the rematch.
    Chicks match...didn't pay attention.
    Backstage shenanigans with Hogan/Sting and a cast of characters.
    Good TV match with Angle/Anderson.

Final segment coming up...

The AJ-Preggers chick angle looks like fucking ass, but I only got the recap though.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Ay, Warner2BruceTD...

Have you caught some Ring Ka King yet? TNA's India promotion...supposedly the promotion has been a success. I've been checking out some shows...its not awful.

Jeff Jarrett, Nick Dinsmore, Sonjay Cutt, Brutus Magnus was the champ now its some dot head, Chavo, Angelina Love, buncha dot heads I'm not really familiar with, Zema Ion, Diavari, Chris Masters,

Ladder matches for WINGS!

Jeff Jarrett led heel stable with Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, Scott Steiner, Brutus Magnus, and THE DEADLY DANDA!

Harry Smith was it at the beginning.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Derrville
        Awesome.
        Not as good as previous Impacts, but it wasn't a pain to get through it...so that's a positive.

Bully/Park was fun

Aries' first promo as champ was passionate and exactly the sort of thing it should've been. Wished they wouldn't have had Roode do his thing immediately after with Aries in the ring, but perhaps small potatoes.

Gail/Brooke was a good match

Can't stand Anderson, so I only caught the end of the match which left Angle with a busted lip (because Anderson is still shit). Funny how there is only one guy in all of wrestling who is still an active weekly guy who still maintains the aura of being a bad ass not to be messed with. Angle is still awesome.

A masked gang of 7 or 8 guys kill Hogan, then kill Sting again. This better not be a group of old guys or Hogan buddies to get back on TV again.

Missed the Joe/RVD match. The new X champion Zema, has some potential to be that type of Honky Tonk Man type champion (meaning, over time, you want to see the guy get the absolute biggest asskicking of a lifetime) leading up to when he drops it to the broken neck dude down the road.

Overall, even with the one horrifically bad storyline with the actor chick, AJ and Daniels (obviously the chick will end up swerving AJ)....they give their 2-3 TV matches time to actually develop over the course of the 2 hours and nothing else is insulting. I'll take that every time out of a national product in 2012.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Ay, Warner2BruceTD...

Have you caught some Ring Ka King yet? TNA's India promotion...supposedly the promotion has been a success. I've been checking out some shows...its not awful.

Jeff Jarrett, Nick Dinsmore, Sonjay Cutt, Brutus Magnus was the champ now its some dot head, Chavo, Angelina Love, buncha dot heads I'm not really familiar with, Zema Ion, Diavari, Chris Masters,

Ladder matches for WINGS!

Jeff Jarrett led heel stable with Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, Scott Steiner, Brutus Magnus, and THE DEADLY DANDA!

Harry Smith was it at the beginning.
          I watched it the first few weeks back when it was airing originally. It wasnt terrible, but I lost interest after awhile. New Japan, DG, All Japan, even NOAH were pretty good at the time, not to mention U.S. stuff I always keep one eye on, so I just didn't have the time to track it down every week and threw in the towel.

It was pretty simple stuff, which was the way to go in a fresh market, but last I heard it's DOA now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

I thought it was going in seasons...as in, season one is over, and it'll have a season two.

No idea.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              I thought it was going in seasons...as in, season one is over, and it'll have a season two.

No idea.
              It was, but I think I read something about the project being close to dead.

I could definitely be wrong, so don't hold me to that.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                It was, but I think I read something about the project being close to dead.

I could definitely be wrong, so don't hold me to that.
                Last I read was it was considered a "success", but nothing was renewed yet.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

Kong could have been the spark the Divas division needed. She was already hot with the crowd.

No Beth Phoenix/Kong.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                    Lame. Kong could have been the spark the Divas division sorely needed. She had everybody going crazy for her from jump street.
                    Kong needs to go to TNA, NOW.

One of the few women that I actually want to watch. Obviously, no "diva"...but she's got a ridiculously unique look and a great in-ring charisma and is actually good in the ring.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Nobody even knows if she's fired or not. They may end up retaining her just based on the fact that it leaked a day early and she didn't find out from the company before it went public.

Say what you want about the WWE, but they are pretty good about making sure the person knows they are shit canned before they put up the "future endevoured" notice on the website.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                        Everything Burns...
                        • Nov 2008

"Hey, do you guys remember the time when WWE did not want Austin Aries participating in the last season of Tough Enough and had him removed by producers so that they could replace him with Big Andy Leavine?"

LMAO

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Nobody even knows if she's fired or not. They may end up retaining her just based on the fact that it leaked a day early and she didn't find out from the company before it went public.

Say what you want about the WWE, but they are pretty good about making sure the person knows they are shit canned before they put up the "future endevoured" notice on the website.
                          John Laurinitis went off the corporate website as the VP of talent a month before he was canned off the air......pretty funny I thought

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Comment

• SHOGUN
                              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                              • Jul 2009

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                                Hows this for fucked up? From Meltzer...

Wasn't Nosawa's weed that was found in the paintings in Japan...another guy planted it there to fuck him over. Dayum.
                                There is more to this story...

Big Dave fucked the story up. Twice.

Written By Alfredo Esparza I felt I should write about this here since it upset...

I don't know who planted the marijuana, but the bottom line is the charges were dropped and NOSAWA & Lo Shirai are off the hook. What sucks for NOSAWA, is he lost his Best of the Super Juniors spot as a result of this and missed what would have been a pretty lucrative tour for him.

Comment

Working...